Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week One Colts vs. Rams Prediction Thread

RockThatBlue

I love that because Tolzein is starting at QB so many people on here are predicting we get smashed by a Rams team who is not any better.  Saying we will allow some obscene amount of points when there offense is no better.  There D is pretty solid but we will still be able to move the ball.  This forum has shown me the large sum of fair weather fans in Indy....and it is sad!

It will be an all-around slow offensive game with the FG becoming everything.  IMO we win 12-10.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Indy1996 said:

Jared Goff hasnt gotten better he only really have 2 weapons watkins and gurley tbh

You're not watching the preseason then. He has a lot of chemistry with Connor Kupp as well. Remember that name for week 1. 

And when the Rams score on the first possession and everybody is surprised and blaming Pagano, remember this post.

The Colts best player is out.

The Rams best player is out.

This is a toss up for me.  I think I would pick Colts if Vontae was healthy.  We should definitely be able to move the ball w/o that wrecking ball in the middle for the Rams.  This may be drudge fest.  Something like 12-9.

I think our defense will score a TD against a struggling Rams offense. Todd Gurley will be contained in the first half, but will score at least twice during the game. Tolzien will suprise, throwing a TD and no interceptions. Frank Gore will rush for a TD in the first quarter, and another back(Mack, Turbin, or Matt Jones) will score at some point in the game. 

Vinny misses a pat, but nails a 43 yarder. 

Final: 

Rams: 17

Colts: 30

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

You're not watching the preseason then. He has a lot of chemistry with Connor Kupp as well. Remember that name for week 1. 

And when the Rams score on the first possession and everybody is surprised and blaming Pagano, remember this post.

So you think Conner Kupp is a good play in Daily Fantasy this week?

Is he a WR or TE?

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Is he a WR or TE?

It's Cooper Kupp isn't it? Plays WR.

I did see the LA Press were talking him up as a starter and that he had a strong pre season, but I don't have anything more to go on than hearsay.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

I believe the Colt win the turnover battle and the game.

Colts 20 - Rams 10

This is kinda where I'm at as well.

I think it's a low scoring, ugly game.

But we will win the turnover battle and that will be the difference

Colts 17-16

This is likely to be our worst game of the year.  No Luck, No Kelly, No Vontae, No Geathers, and we have to go into enemy territory on the west coast with a bunch of backups...  I'd like to be optimistic, and if the game were in Indy, I would be optimistic.  But I think the Rams come out strong for their home opener and win 27-16.

Not the worst thing in the world.  The Colts could probably use a good punch in the mouth to start the season, like Luck needs to get hit at the beginning of a game to get into "game-mode".  Losing bad to an average Rams team should be a good wake-up-call.

Of course winning without Luck, Kelly, etc. would be a huge win for this team, and a wake-up-call for all the tankers that would rather have a high draft pick next year than go for glory this year.  I would be thrilled with a 16-13 win over LA.

:clover:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Is he a WR or TE?

It's Cooper Kupp. I was typing fast this morning. He's a rookie WR. I think there are other receivers who will put up better numbers in the league, but against us I definitely think he's a good play. I'd be shocked if he didn't have a good game.

• Like 1

Rams 24 - Colts 10

Pagano foolishly sticks with Tolzien who can't move the ball and turns it over at least 2 times but manages to get them into FG range once.

Because of turnovers and sheer number of 3 and outs the Rams are able to score 3 TD's and a FG.

AT the end of the game playing against a prevent defense Brissett goes into the game and leads a late drive for a TD.  Too little too late.  

Colts win 16-10. While Indy's defense doesn't have Geathers or Davis out there, the defense will show improvement and get 1 or even 2 timely turnovers. The offense will see Moncrief and Hilton carry a bulk of the load while Mack gets some good runs. Hope I'm right.

The last time these two teams met, the Rams blasted the Colts. For as long ago as that was, a lot of why that game went the way it did (who can run and stop the run- and Tavon Austin being fast..) hasn't changed as much as we'd expect.

I think the Colts can win a low scoring game, but I'd save my money on a bet..

My gut.

Rams 24

Colts 13

• Like 1

It all depends on the defense and running backs. 

Goff could either scorch us or give us gifts. I don't know too much about him honestly. Probably looking at a lot of three and outs from both teams. I'm gonna continue my foolish optimist ways and say the Colts win by a shoe: Adam Vinatieri's to be exact. 4 Field goals, no touchdowns from the offense. Rams get a touchdown courtesy of Gurley, and one field goal to make it interesting. 

Colts 12

Rams 10

Well, since you asked....

I see Rams 24   Colts 13.

I wish that we'd addressed Depth at Center and QB during the offseason.  We knew what we didn't have at QB.  

Edit-Wow, I just saw Fish's post above and my prediction happened to be the same as his.  

I think Donald being out helps us a little bit.  GUrley is going to run on us.

no Aaron Donald= no pass rush  smallish D weak vs run    Gore/Mack could do some damage.  I could write a book on Goff..total bust

doesn't feel pass rush, small hands, (fumbles, wounded ducks) bad decisions..in preseason game 3 basically benched after 2 series when he should of played 3 quarters.and starters basically didn't play in preseason so will be very rusty.  Below avg cb's and safeties wo will be exposed if oline give wr's time.  also Rams have slow cb's  who will struggle vs speed

do a draft site and thought Hooker had to play in a simple defense best in a Seattle one deep zone.  Not sure what you guys run.   Rams traded for Watkins and Woods and drafted Kupp and McVay calls a good game as HC/OC.   Gurley been a 18 game bust for the Rams and barely played in preseason and didn't show much when he did.   . 

IMO best coaches will win.  more winnable then many of you think  Run the ball and pressure Goff...he will turn the ball over and hope Mcvay doesn't get into a play calling rhythm..Kid is good.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, poplarbluffman said:

no Aaron Donald= no pass rush  smallish D weak vs run    Gore/Mack could do some damage.  I could write a book on Goff..total bust

doesn't feel pass rush, small hands, (fumbles, wounded ducks) bad decisions..in preseason game 3 basically benched after 2 series when he should of played 3 quarters.and starters basically didn't play in preseason so will be very rusty.  Below avg cb's and safeties wo will be exposed if oline give wr's time.  also Rams have slow cb's  who will struggle vs speed

do a draft site and thought Hooker had to play in a simple defense best in a Seattle one deep zone.  Not sure what you guys run.   Rams traded for Watkins and Woods and drafted Kupp and McVay calls a good game as HC/OC.   Gurley been a 18 game bust for the Rams and barely played in preseason and didn't show much when he did.   . 

IMO best coaches will win.  more winnable then many of you think  Run the ball and pressure Goff...he will turn the ball over and hope Mcvay doesn't get into a play calling rhythm..Kid is good.

I totally agree. I was joking when I said 41-3 but see us winning something like 17-13. I don't have much in Tolzein but I do like Mack and Goff stinks like you said. This is real winnable.

On 9/4/2017 at 7:16 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I want the Colts to win but I have a hard time thinking Tolzein will do much against that defense.

I'll say Rams win 21-17. I think it'll be an ugly game with not a whole lot of scoring.

I wont be a surprised if we lose on the road.I think we have better chance with Jacoby Brissett even if he doesn't  know the whole playbook. I say we win with a AV winning field goal, (prediction made,). Vinatieri is going after Gary Anderson and then Morten Andersen everyone better have AV in fanatasy. IMO Lol....