Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 opponents [Merge]

CR91

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/28/2016 at 10:22 PM, coltsva said:

We don't know yet about the Broncos and Bills. Could be Dolphins and Chiefs or Raiders. 

With a few bounces going our way we could be 12-4. :)

um no. we're locked as third in our division and so are the broncos and bills

On 12/28/2016 at 10:22 PM, coltsva said:

We don't know yet about the Broncos and Bills. Could be Dolphins and Chiefs or Raiders. 

With a few bounces going our way we could be 12-4. :)

true, but as of now thats our opponents 

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

No kidding, how far we've fallen since that Seattle win in 2013. I truly thought we were poised for something special after that.

didnt we give them and the broncos their first losses that year? thats awesome lol. and we beat the niners, who were championship finalists. those years were so special and promising of the team

1 hour ago, achcolts said:

didnt we give them and the broncos their first losses that year? thats awesome lol. and we beat the niners, who were championship finalists. those years were so special and promising of the team

In 2013,  we beat Seattle and Denver,  who played in the previous SB.     We also beat San Fran who went to the NFC Championship.      And we beat KC -- twice -- including once in the playoffs.

We played quality teams and beat them.     But the haters HATE being reminded of it..........

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In 2013,  we beat Seattle and Denver,  who played in the previous SB.     We also beat San Fran who went to the NFC Championship.      And we beat KC -- twice -- including once in the playoffs.

We played quality teams and beat them.     But the haters HATE being reminded of it..........

Yeah, but we play in the worst division in living memory.......

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No one hates being reminded of that. It's just that was a while ago. After awhile beating those teams doesn't hold as much merit. All it really does is show you how much we've failed to progress as a team. Went from beating top teams like that to getting swept by the Texans.

But let's also not forget that same season we had blowout losses to the Cards and Rams. So it kind of balanced out. For every elite team we beat we got thrashed by one. I think more people forget that than anything.

Seahawks and Steelers are tough teams.

Cards look like they are going downhill because Palmer's play is going downhill.  

Bengals are always a solid team but they don't ever seem to get over the hump.

Broncos will probably be solid due to their defense.  

Texans are scary if they ever get a QB.  

Ravens can be good if healthy. 

Of course reality is that you never know what's going to happen with draft and FA.  Teams change quite a bit from year to year.  

35 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

In the rain would be even better :)

I've been to enough rain games to know I don't like it lol last year at Buffalo and Carolina both games it rained almost the entire time. Loved this year weather much warm and sunny at Wembley and Green Bay warmest November game ever was nice lol. Minnesota was inside so the fact that it was so cold they cancelled tailgating that day didn't bother me too much we had a party bus lol

Well I am not very confident heading into next year especially if Pagano and Grigson stay but if they can get some more defensive players, mainly pass rushers, I think they will be better. That's a big if.  I think they could go 4-2 against the south, 2-2 against the AFC North and 3-1 against the NFC West and they could beat the Bills and Broncos.  If they get the Dolphins and Chiefs or Raiders I think they go 1-1.  So if they finish 3rd I think they could get 11 wins with improvements.  If they finish 2nd I think they can get 10.  I really hope they turn things around and don't miss out on the playoffs 3 years in a row. 

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

No one hates being reminded of that. It's just that was a while ago. After awhile beating those teams doesn't hold as much merit. All it really does is show you how much we've failed to progress as a team. Went from beating top teams like that to getting swept by the Texans.

But let's also not forget that same season we had blowout losses to the Cards and Rams. So it kind of balanced out. For every elite team we beat we got thrashed by one. I think more people forget that than anything.

When I say hate being reminded,  here's the context....

Over the years, since I joined,  one of the most popular view points here is that the Colts never beat anyone who is any good.      Never.      People are so angry,  they forget.

And then I write a post about what happened in 2013.     It was Pep's first year.     And of the other popular view points is that Pep sucked.     I remind people that as much as I was not a big fans of his,  his offense helped the Colts put up good numbers in 2013 against good teams.     Pep wasn't great,  but he did do some good stuff here and I try to remind people of that.     They don't like it.

be honest I refuse to get to excited about the future opponents this early, As said we are in third place in the one of if not the worst division in the NFL.  I think the beating Luck has taken over the years has affected his potential. I feel that unless something great happens with this team we will have wasted his career.

That is the definition for malase