Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton calls the team out

VaAllDay757

TY is FOS.
 Lucky couldn`t hit Moncrief or Dorsett with on target passes and we got poor play from
 our O tackles.
  Our young linebackers competed hard but did make mistakes on their reads. lol
 All in all our youngest players were making plays out there and showing improvement.
  Our Co-ordinators are showing me progress with what they have to work with and need time and a couple more really good drafts in a row to Build whatever you want to call it... lol
 I`m gonna pray for my Colts including that Le'raven can play LT ASAP. Yes that may be 2018 bla bla bla
  The Cowboys o-line has one guy that is 6'6" ot taller and is their Worst lineman.
  Their guards are 6'3" and 320 and 6'4" and 315. And they can run wide in either direction for pulls, sweeps and screens and run block with leverage. We are screwed with all of our current Guard options!!
 Their LT is 6'5" and 320. Stout and very athletic.  AC is 6'7" and 311. And a mediocre athlete. We are screwed here too! We better build a ____ of a D and pray for an Amazing RB. Go Colts!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, tikyle said:

So who making this statement on this team would this be valid from?  Who on this team never has a bad game?

What?  I have no idea what you are getting at here.  Luck and Mathis have bad games as well.  Luck isn't even a "leader" on the team he just plays QB.  I just don't get this board sometimes.  Everyone on here is saying what TY says but since it came from him and not a "traditional team leader" it should fall on deaf ears?  That is loser logic if you ask me.

The head coach, in private. However, please tell what benefit it can do? What tangible benefit? I see no plus side on this.

It's kinda true as far as WR's go. Luck had the ball right on Moncrief's numbers 3 times and just bounced right off his chest. Dorsett had a couple targets bounce off his hands. Dwayne Allen fell over on his face 8 yards past the line of scrimmage which lead into an INT.  Not exactly a stellar performance by our WR crew except for TY Hilton. I think he can talk a little bit when you're the leader in the group. 

46 minutes ago, Superman said:

Shut down? Nine catches, 115 yards and a TD is shut down?

I never mentioned anything about him having a shut down this weekend. My point was, one day, he will be shut down or have a bad game. So when that happens, is he going to publically call himself out? And even if he did, it will not make our team better, therefore I am struggling to see his comments having any value whatsoever....

4 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

The head coach, in private. However, please tell what benefit it can do? What tangible benefit? I see no plus side on this.

Everyone is motivated in different ways.  Some people respond to one-on-one criticism and some people respond to public shaming.  At this point the team is trying everything.  It seems like the brass are scared to call the team out so some players see fit to do it themselves.  I don't see where that is bad giving how inconsistent this team has been for years.

5 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Everyone is motivated in different ways.  Some people respond to one-on-one criticism and some people respond to public shaming.  At this point the team is trying everything.  It seems like the brass are scared to call the team out so some players see fit to do it themselves.  I don't see where that is bad giving how inconsistent this team has been for years.

Go on, tell me how you know the 'brass' are scared to call the team out? Did you used to be a techie with the Patriots 10 years or so ago? Stop making stuff up.

Just now, braveheartcolt said:

Go on, tell me how you know the 'brass' are scared to call the team out? Did you used to be a techie with the Patriots 10 years or so ago? Stop making stuff up.

They are 6-7 with their QB playing all games this year and are on pace to have the same record as last year when they played half the season with backup, 3rd string and 4th string QBs yet the 'brass' have not publicly called them out.  So I say scared you say what cautious or no reason to?  Talking about wood and stones and the GM blaming the media is not fixing this team.  Time to try something new or time to get new leadership.  I have no idea what the Patriots have to do with this but there is no need mentioning them, we are not rivals anymore and not in their class.  Currently we are rivals with the Texans.

15 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Not really a direct response but this post made me think. I liked it a lot better last year when all those rumors surfaced about Irsay chewing out Grigson and being upset after losses.

Sure, it didn't really help the team, but it made me hopeful that Irsay knew there were huge problems. It's probably why he's such a mystery to me this year now that he's done a complete 180 and seems genuinely excited about the team's future.

7 minutes ago, tikyle said:

They are 6-7 with their QB playing all games this year and are on pace to have the same record as last year when they played half the season with backup, 3rd string and 4th string QBs yet the 'brass' have not publicly called them out.  So I say scared you say what cautious or no reason to?  Talking about wood and stones and the GM blaming the media is not fixing this team.  Time to try something new or time to get new leadership.  I have no idea what the Patriots have to do with this but there is no need mentioning them, we are not rivals anymore and not in their class.  Currently we are rivals with the Texans.

Spygate. it was a poor joke.

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

So who making this statement on this team would this be valid from?  Who on this team never has a bad game?

What?  I have no idea what you are getting at here.  Luck and Mathis have bad games as well.  Luck isn't even a "leader" on the team he just plays QB.  I just don't get this board sometimes.  Everyone on here is saying what TY says but since it came from him and not a "traditional team leader" it should fall on deaf ears?  That is loser logic if you ask me.

I am totally with you tikyle!!  Somebody needs to say something. Our QB isn't and neither are the coaches.  The people here want to keep sipping the Kool-Aid with blinders and think everything is OK. People are still saying the team can make the playoffs :thmdown:

No player is perfect but TY is man enuff to say what's on his mind about this team's performance. Aaron Rodgers called out his team earlier in the season, Coach Gruden called out his Redskins and so did Coach Arians.  It's not a crime to state the obvious and it can kickstart a team.

49 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

On that final drive correct me if I'm wrong but didn't ty had the chance to get a first down but ran back losing 2yards on that 3rd down

That was on the second and 10. He should have gained 5 yards but ended up with 3. On the following play , 3rd and 7 he gained 6 which was about all he could get on the play. At least that's how I remember it. If you want to review the whole series , the 4th down was the failed screen and 1st down was when Houston got away with a blatant shot to Lucks head. So I guess that drive should have resulted in a first down at around the Texan 37 yard line.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It doesn't bother me honestly. For every bad game TY has had in his career, there are 10 great games to offset it. If he's not calling out the team, then who will? It's pretty obvious at this point that Luck doesn't like going down that road, so I'd say TY is the next best person to do it. My only issue is that it's maybe too little too late.

It had been DQ firing up the defense. The offense looks like they are going to a funeral as they walk to the line.  I remember teams that cared about structure on the offensive line....Dallas Cowboys....All of the line standing up an getting set at the same time.  Priceless.  I could not find a GIF for the younger generation.

53 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I never mentioned anything about him having a shut down this weekend. My point was, one day, he will be shut down or have a bad game. So when that happens, is he going to publically call himself out? And even if he did, it will not make our team better, therefore I am struggling to see his comments having any value whatsoever....

Well, he did publicly call himself out prior to Week 3, then balled out. 

But I don't understand why his comments are being analyzed for their "value," when they're really just his honest opinion. Not only that, they are accurate. This was the biggest game of the year, it basically determined whether the Colts would win the division, and the team played a bad game. One of the best players on the team said so. I don't know whether this will make the team play better, but I don't know that we should expect it to. It was just the simple truth.

T.Y. finally puts together his first back to back 100+ yd receiving games this season and feels the need to talk about the team laying down.  Did he lay down against the Lions when he had 79 yds, or against the Broncos when he had 41 yds, or how about against the Jags when he had 42 yds, or the first game against the Texans (because he's the Texans killer) when he had 49 yds?  IMO, he should try showing up a little more than every other week if he wants his words to carry much weight.  Oh and he's currently tied for 3rd with the most dropped passes this season too.

Why don't we get a coach in here who's gonna coach up Luck and the receivers???  Luck clearly isn't comfortable throwing quick slants. Especially to guys like Dorsett or even TY most of the time. I bet he would be with repetition...  Get a coach in here who's gonna stress that and who's guidance Luck will trust?  Right now we are too TY dependent and we are never gonna get to the mountain top that way.  Half of the routes and catches and targets TY gets need to be going to Dorsett and/or others. That's the only way Luck is gonna gain the chemistry, timing, and trust with those players. Then this offense will be unstoppable like we all assumed it'd be. Rather than always running hot or cold for stretches. 

Just like the greatest receiver in Colts history (Marv) couldn't lead us there himself, neither can TY...  Once Manning got chemistry with Reggie & Stoke as well as Marv, our offense became unstoppable. Marv's numbers took off because everyone had to be respected as a threat.  TY's will too...   It's time to get the right coaches in here to stress that point and it's time for Luck to step up another level. He needs to take TY, Crief, Dorsett, & Rogers and some cornerbacks and build that chemistry and timing in the offseason. Preferably before training camp starts. Really should be happening in every practice, every week, for the entire year.  

That'll help both Luck and the receivers get better. Quick slants. Back shoulders. Fade stops. Skinny posts.  Comebacks. Deep ins. It takes repetition and chemistry to master these things. 

2 hours ago, tikyle said:

If you are referring to the fumble, you would be incorrect.  Luck knew Allen would be blocking Clowney before the snap.  He has to get rid of that ball.  Blaming Allen for that would be like blaming a RB for not being able to block a pro bowl defensive lineman.  Allen slowed him for as much as he could.  He's a TE not a LT for a reason.

A TE is not a RB, Allen had a job to do on that play and he got trucked.  That's on him, he needs to do his job! Allen goes 6'3" 255, Clowney is 6'6" 265 how about Allen be more than a speed bump...

21 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

T.Y. finally puts together his first back to back 100+ yd receiving games this season and feels the need to talk about the team laying down.  Did he lay down against the Lions when he had 79 yds, or against the Broncos when he had 41 yds, or how about against the Jags when he had 42 yds, or the first game against the Texans (because he's the Texans killer) when he had 49 yds?  IMO, he should try showing up a little more than every other week if he wants his words to carry much weight.  Oh and he's currently tied for 3rd with the most dropped passes this season too.

Did I hear it right that he's one of only two current players to put up 4 1000 yrd seasons in a row?  I think 5 may be historic so yeah, I can see why he has no credibility with the fan base...yikes.  Leadership isn't a popularity contest anyway so good for TY, not everyone can be cheerleader like Chuck.

3 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Yep, because this will really really help us get better. The next time he gets shut down, will he tell the team he laid down as well.....pretty disappointing if you ask me.

He wouldn't get shut down if Moncrief and Dorsett did their jobs. Dorsett can't catch for nothing

11 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Did I hear it right that he's one of only two current players to put up 4 1000 yrd seasons in a row?  I think 5 may be historic so yeah, I can see why he has no credibility with the fan base...yikes.  Leadership isn't a popularity contest anyway so good for TY, not everyone can be cheerleader like Chuck.

I feel you my brother....

Everyone has been lacking this year thus our poor record. Our fanbase wants to play cheerleader as oppose to stating the obvious no matter how ugly it may seem.  TY is stepping up... I bet if you asked him he would state he needed to step up his game but that fact doesn't absolve the rest of the team.

Maybe having dreds means you have no authority..... just saying:thinking:

18 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Just imagine if he showed up every week.  He could top 2,000 yards.

2 hours ago, MR. Blueblood said:

And what can you say about the other receivers when Hilton has had a bad game have they stepped up? He's the only one other than Doyle who's showed up more consistently therefore he had the right to talk 

5 hours ago, tikyle said:

Did you really write this?       Seriously?     

Luck is not only "a" leader on the team,   I've got news for you....    he is THE leader on the team.

The fact that you have no clue about this tells me everything I need to know about you and your knowledge of the Colts.

Oh!       My!        God!!!!             :facepalm:

5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Yep, because this will really really help us get better. The next time he gets shut down, will he tell the team he laid down as well.....pretty disappointing if you ask me.

When you go for over 1,000 yards receiving for the 4th straight year, you can say those things. He's been the most consistently good Colts player next to Vinateri and Mcafee.

I always expect a lot of these responses after a tough loss.  

However, I would ask those who claim the team needs to be called out....how do you know that is not happening behind closed doors?  We have no idea.  It would be funny, strange if it came out that the players are getting tired of the verbal beatings they get from Pagano and the coaches on a daily basis!!

When someone speaks out in public, it may make the person feel better because he let loose his frustrations.  It may make us feel better vicariously, but I have my doubts that it helps the team in anyway. 

And then Pagano goes and tells the media that T.Y didn't mean what he said.. Coach's and politicians..

T.Y was right. We all saw it. That was a terrible loss, considering that they literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory several times.

Thinking about that game yesterday.. puke city.

This is the norm on bad teams so I'm not shocked. Happens every year.

We're bad, he's saying it. Regardless if you think it's helping out or hurting, it literally happens every year when a team with aspirations falls flat on its face.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did you really write this?       Seriously?     

Luck is not only "a" leader on the team,   I've got news for you....    he is THE leader on the team.

The fact that you have no clue about this tells me everything I need to know about you and your knowledge of the Colts.

Oh!       My!        God!!!!             :facepalm:

He's an offensive captain but Luck would never demand people to play better. I.e. Ray Lewis Ed Reed PM and so on

I agree with Hilton as most here do.  I'm going to also say something controversial here and may get ripped for it but whatevs.  This team will NEVER be a hard-nosed team until they build the defensive side of the ball.  Never.  It may be able to be done with what we have now on offense, it may not.  It MIGHT even take a complete overhaul of the teams' personnel, yes including sending Luck packing.  He takes up a lot of the cap unfortunately.  And it's hard to build an entire stud defensive unit when 20% or so of your cap hit goes to one guy.  Again, maybe they could still do it, but I'm not so sure.  So if they ever want that tough-minded, take no prisoners type of team, they make have to consider an overhaul.  I know this isn't popular, and it isn't even a guarantee of success, but if that is the type of team people want that MAY be what is needed.  I'm not even so sure I would like that myself because I am a Luck supporter.  But.........

15 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I agree with Hilton as most here do.  I'm going to also say something controversial here and may get ripped for it but whatevs.  This team will NEVER be a hard-nosed team until they build the defensive side of the ball.  Never.  It may be able to be done with what we have now on offense, it may not.  It MIGHT even take a complete overhaul of the teams' personnel, yes including sending Luck packing.  He takes up a lot of the cap unfortunately.  And it's hard to build an entire stud defensive unit when 20% or so of your cap hit goes to one guy.  Again, maybe they could still do it, but I'm not so sure.  So if they ever want that tough-minded, take no prisoners type of team, they make have to consider an overhaul.  I know this isn't popular, and it isn't even a guarantee of success, but if that is the type of team people want that MAY be what is needed.  I'm not even so sure I would like that myself because I am a Luck supporter.  But.........

I stopped reading after you said send Luck packing, but before you said that you were talking about being a hard nosed team. You're right. We're like a bunch or choir boys. We need young playmakers, but we also need guys with swag. Hard nosed, in your face type players like a Vontaze Burfict, Aqib Talib, Janoris Jenkins, etc. We need some bad boys who ball out and will do anything to win.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

I stopped reading after you said send Luck packing, but before you said that you were talking about being a hard nosed team. You're right. We're like a bunch or choir boys. We need young playmakers, but we also need guys with swag. Hard nosed, in your face type players like a Vontaze Burfict, Aqib Talib, Janoris Jenkins, etc.

Not saying they should, just saying it might be a consideration IF they want that kind of team.  Tough to bring in a lot of guys like you mentioned when you are paying Luck $25M.  If they are dead set on keeping him and doing it then they need to re-structure his deal a la Tom Brady to free up cap space.