Robert Turbin Signs

backshoulderfade

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In high school, we ran the Wing-T offense. Robert Turbin was the 'flyback' (mix of RB and receiver) and probably not the best RB on the team. The best RB was only 5'5" and could fly, but he was too small to go onto the next level. Robert gained a huge amount of muscle mass in college. I coached JV when he was on varsity so I got to watch him play quite a bit.

Yep, no need to draft a RB now! lmao 
 Not the last one we sign.

2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

Robert Turbin is a thick back with a power running style. Has quick feet, always moving forward. He runs behind pads, stay slow, uses good leverage and above average balance. Good speed for his weight and explosive out of his breaks. Very athletic.

Turbin has a great blend of power and quickness. Gets to full speed quickly and a natural downhill runner. Has solid hands and turns around quickly to get upfield. Keeps his legs moving through contact and can continue to gain yards after first contact.

Concerns after 2010 knee injury. Doesn't often play up to timed speed (4.5 40 yard dash at combine). Would typically be described as "more quick than fast." Sometimes a bit reckless with the football in the open field. Vision can still be improved, another year in college could have ironed that out and moved him up a round, but he'll earn his keep in the NFL and probably see the field as a rookie.

Turbin will likely end up becoming a zone runner who can pick his spots and hit the hole full force. He's not a home run hitter, but he'll grind out yards and wear down defenses.

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

That pretty much takes a RB out of our draft for my eyes anyways which is cool with me

I agree. We have Gore, Robinson, Varga, and Turbin.....good to go plus any other guys we have for pre-season. One more pick to target the defense or OL.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I might be wrong but wasn't josh robinson waived? 

Oh...I must have missed that. Thought it was Ballard that got waived last year....I knew Robinson struggled but I thought maybe just needed more time. If that is the case I'm sure we sign an UDFA...Turbin is a solid back up that can help catch the ball adequately out of the back field....something Gore CAN'T do.

33 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Glad we're fixing the o-line and defense...can we sign one guy to one of our big holes? Like a G or C or ILB or OLB or CB...nah RB

We get this exact post every year.

The Colts sign somebody but it's not at the position of greatest need and some fan acts as if it makes a bit of difference WHEN you sign someone.

If we sign someone tomorrow,  or next week,  or next month to address a need,  it makes no difference either way.    The only thing that matters is that we actually address the need.     "When" doesn't matter.

Odds are the biggest holes will be addressed in the draft.

So now there are 4 RBs on the roster: Gore, Varga, Trey Williams, and Turbin. 

They will have to draft or sign a couple more. There are a few decent options still available in FA. I'm curious they chose Turbin over, say Starks, Hillman, Hightower, Ridley, Bryce Brown, Morris (looking at not too old who have a history of producing) unless it was strictly bargain shopping and they are planning to see how the draft plays out before making a move for one of the other options.