Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do the colts have the worst roster in football?

12isthenew18

Seriously. I've talked with my friends of all nfl fandom: eagles, ravens, steelers, rams etc. I see outside of Luck We have the worst roster and the only reason we are even considered one is because of Luck. Like what on paper or even in the field do we have better than even our division as a whole that isn't Luck. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 12isthenew18 said:

Seriously. I've talked with my friends of all nfl fandom: eagles, ravens, steelers, rams etc. I see outside of Luck We have the worst roster and the only reason we are even considered one is because of Luck. Like what on paper or even in the field do we have better than even our division as a whole that isn't Luck. 

Now why would you go and ask such a silly question?

If your friend are really saying that then they don't know football....

We don't even have close to the most roster in football.....

Goodness.....

13 minutes ago, 12isthenew18 said:

The Colts have always been sold as a soft indoor team who's undeniably great QB carries an otherwise bad team to the playoffs year after year.

That narrative helps to feed the mindset that dopes in NE, Pitt, Balt, Clev , and NY are tough minded real football fans because they are willing to pay a $100 dollars to sit in 25 degree weather and still buy $10 beers and $5 hot dogs.  And because of it, those fans are told they have good rosters even when they have down years....otherwise, they'd feel stupid freezing in the stadium paying to get drunk.

IOW, don't listen to your friends because they are just parroting a narrative.

15 minutes ago, 12isthenew18 said:

Like this isn't an attack on us or even like an advocacy for signing everyone but I truly believe except for the niners, without Luck we have the worst roster AGAIN in football

How did we win 8 games without luck for a large part of the year

12 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I'm not sure there is another defense desperate for difference makers.

hope I'm not stepping on any toes here. I just jog through these statements and respond to ones that get my attention. Defense needs help badly, but colts are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Cant let luck get pummeled like last year.

No. We're a G and C away from maybe the best offense in the NFL. We lack talent on D. But we still have Anderson, Langford, Davis, and Adams. If we could just sign a corner, G, and C in free agency we could have a top roster as long as we draft good. And by drafting good I mean getting 4-5 good promising young players and at least 2 who come in and start week 1.

4 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

hope I'm not stepping on any toes here. I just jog through these statements and respond to ones that get my attention. Defense needs help badly, but colts are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Cant let luck get pummeled like last year.

Agreed.  But talent wise the offense has some talent....I just wish more of that talent was on the offensive line.

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I'm not sure we have the worst? But I think we have some serious holes in the roster.

Our dominance of the AFC South quickly is fading away.

Titans, Texans and Jags are all looking much improved.

How did the Texans improve?

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I'm not sure we have the worst? But I think we have some serious holes in the roster.

How are they looking much improved?   Training camp is months away. 

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I agree with you!

We will struggle in this division in the next couple of years. Our years of dominance over our AFC South opponents is over.

Winner of this division will be 10-6. No better

No, it's not the worst. 

There is still time to pull a good team together. And the NFL is so unpredictable. For example, I thought the Panthers were headed for another 7 win season after Kelvin Benjamin went down for the year. We'll see what plays out over the rest of FA and the draft, and even then we won't really know. 

all the people that come here just to comment that this is a "whine thread" or the "the dumbest thing ive ever read" is hilarious to me. Is it a byproduct of us not signing anybody and letting our guys walk and as well the Allen signing, absolutely, but in all reality there is a lot of truth to this topic, our roster is easily one the worst in the league and people just dont want to see that and continue to pretend. Where is that guy with meme "The truth? You cant handle the truth!" lol seriously a lot of whining and crying going on here lately but you know whats worse than a whiner is the guy who refuses to realize the facts and pretends everything is ok