Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do the colts have the worst roster in football?

12isthenew18

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan1284 said:

They just signed a competent quarterback who is better than what they have probably ever had.  Also they signed the 2nd best FA RB.

I wouldn't count on Brock being any better than what they have.  He was below average in Denver,  Have any of the small sample size quarterbacks ever worked out?

They signed a RB?  Who cares.  They had one of the better ones in the league for yrs and it didn't help much.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BOTT said:

I wouldn't count on Brock being any better than what they have.  He was below average in Denver,  Have any of the small sample size quarterbacks ever worked out?

They signed a RB?  Who cares.  They had one of the better ones in the league for yrs and it didn't help much.

I can agree on the QB, but their previous RB Arian Foster ended up on IR the past two seasons.

5 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

They have a good defensive line and Gurley... not too much else. 

Unless we cut or trade Andrew he's still a part of our team so all these "minus Luck" arguments make no sense at all. 

They have an excellent defensive line and that goes a long way.

other than WR, where are the colts better than the Rams?

4 hours ago, 12isthenew18 said:

Seriously. I've talked with my friends of all nfl fandom: eagles, ravens, steelers, rams etc. I see outside of Luck We have the worst roster and the only reason we are even considered one is because of Luck. Like what on paper or even in the field do we have better than even our division as a whole that isn't Luck. 

I heard a very interesting stat today on ESPN. Of over 500 FA's that changed teams last year, only 4 made the pro bowl.  And that was for a record setting large number of Pro Bowlers and Fill Ins. So if you have less than a 1% chance to sign a Pro Bowler (or even a fill in Pro Bowler) in FA, perhaps it will make some of you feel a bit better.   

We'll sign some FA's (we need to at least) but probably none of the dream team picks so many have hoped for.  I kind of hoped we'd find a really solid CB partner for Vontae (as we hope he regains his mojo next year as it's critical he does for us).  I thought perhaps Sean Smith would be available to us, but right now he's the #1 unsigned CB FA so it's unlikely we'll get anywhere near him. I'd rather avoid the likes of Prince Amukamara who under performed last year and caused the Giants to break the bank to replace him.  Anyone have any thoughts on who we might realistically find/sign at CB? Or do we expect to draft our #2 guy? 

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I somewhat agree with your Post. I think Brock is Above Average but far from Good. Miller is a good signing but Foster was the better runner in his prime. Their moves today don't really scare me. I think we are waiting on the Draft and until then I will be optimistic. If Andrew Luck stays healthy we will have a winning record no matter what happens.

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Qb and corner. Not to mention left tackle and guard. You keep trying to take away parts of our team to suit you're argument but you're still wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Qb and corner. Not to mention left tackle and guard. You keep trying to take away parts of our team to suit you're argument but you're still wrong. 

I started off saying minus Luck. So what other parts do I keep trying to take away?

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I somewhat agree with your Post. I think Brock is Above Average but far from Good. Miller is a good signing but Foster was the better runner in his prime. Their moves today don't really scare me. I think we are waiting on the Draft and until then I will be optimistic. If Andrew Luck stays healthy we will have a winning record no matter what happens.

No offense, but in what world has Brock shown to be above average?

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

No offense, but in what world has Brock shown to be above average?

I am just giving him credit for his 5-2 record last season and he showed signs of being decent. Having said that I am not totally disagreeing with you either as I don't think he is Good. NFLfan labeled him Average and that is probably about right, you have Below Average, I have him Above Average and my rating may very well be generous.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

No, I simply acknowledged the colts receivers are better.  But I don't put a lot of stock in having a great receiving core.

Yea, but who could beat our receivers in a 4 X 4 relay- Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Bray!!   JK

Exactly, I'm with you on this! You get put down on this forum for having a different opinion than everyone else. That's why I don't even like coming on here much anymore, too many people who only want people to say what they want to hear. "Boohoo, you're a whiner, blah blah blah." No, we're just realists, if you believe this roster isn't AT LEAST in the bottom third of the league then you are just a homer. 

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

You may not agree but coaching is an area where the Rams have a problem. I would take one Pagano over five Fishers. The rest of the Colts coaches are yet to be determined.

57 minutes ago, Aaron23 said:

Exactly, I'm with you on this! You get put down on this forum for having a different opinion than everyone else. That's why I don't even like coming on here much anymore, too many people who only want people to say what they want to hear. "Boohoo, you're a whiner, blah blah blah." No, we're just realists, if you believe this roster isn't AT LEAST in the bottom third of the league then you are just a homer. 

You may feel that way but the Colts are just one season away from being in the AFC championship game and the majority of those players are still on the roster. Believe what you want but there is good talent on this team no matter what you think. If you call me putting you down because I said that you are too sensitive.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just giving him credit for his 5-2 record last season and he showed signs of being decent. Having said that I am not totally disagreeing with you either as I don't think he is Good. NFLfan labeled him Average and that is probably about right, you have Below Average, I have him Above Average and my rating may very well be generous.

I have no clue if Brock is going to be a star but sitting behind Peyton wasn't a bad thing. He has had plenty of time to watch and study Peyton and how he works. If it doesn't show in his work and preparation I guess the signing was a mistake? Nobody at this point knows for sure.

2 hours ago, Aaron23 said:

So in the first part you bag on people for calling out someone's opinion then proceed to call out people for being a homer.. mixed message right there.

As for the OP.. you say that this is something you've discussed at length and isn't a knee jerk to the opening shots of FA yet it reads exactly like that. 

Let's see what the final 53 is before we even start guessing the talent level... not many Super Bowls are won in March. Draft still to come and splashing in FA isn't a proven strategy.

In spite of the above I'd say currently (and it's still silly to judge rosters at this stage) the 49ers,  Browns, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers, Rams, Redskins, Eagles have at least the same amount of issues if not more than us. So no, we're not the obvious worse roster in the NFL as it stands now. 

If we nail the Draft as in get 1 or 2 decent O.Lineman to help protect Andrew and a Good Pass Rusher to get Defensive stops I see 11-5 if Andrew stays healthy. TY, Moncrief, and Dorsett can blow the doors off most Corner's. Allen will be solid in the RedZone + he can block well. Our Offense should be pretty tough to stop with Chud calling plays. Look at that Denver game for example.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

It's definetly in the discussion. 

If we didnt have Andrew Luck I would somewhat agree but having a Franchise QB puts a team out of the discussion as having a Bad Roster and we have that type of QB. If a team has a Franchise QB and Good D.Line, not even a Great one but a Good one that can control games 75% of the time than normally you will be a Playoff team.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You may feel that way but the Colts are just one season away from being in the AFC championship game and the majority of those players are still on the roster. Believe what you want but there is good talent on this team no matter what you think. If you call me putting you down because I said that you are too sensitive.

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

So in the first part you bag on people for calling out someone's opinion then proceed to call out people for being a homer.. mixed message right there.

Not really a mixed message, it's not an opinion that there are homers on here. It's a fact so.... ?

1 minute ago, Aaron23 said:

Not really a mixed message, it's not an opinion that there are homers on here. It's a fact so.... ?

Yet you're arguing that people should be able to express their opinion without recourse from other posters (which I don't agree with if you respond in the correct manner) and then badgering people for being homers. 

11 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

The Browns lost 4 of their 5 best players today ( mack gipson benjamin and schwartz)..........so surely our roster is better than theirs

Still it's pretty sad, if we take any satisfaction touting we are 2nd only to the Browns.

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

12 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Yet you're arguing that people should be able to express their opinion without recourse from other posters (which I don't agree with if you respond in the correct manner) and then badgering people for being homers. 

I didn't say posters shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion about your opinion, I just said you shouldn't be Put Down for having that opinion. Like being told you are wrong, or that you are overreacting. You can have a difference of opinions without putting the other person down. That to me just seems a little overboard I guess. 

This a very sad thread. For goodness sake...

DB's

Geathers will have a superior year at safety and will soon make us forget about Lowery, glimpses of Bob Sanders 

Adams and Davis a very solid

Will Smith take over the other CB spot? or is there a free agent coming

LB

Mathis and Walden are very solid

We need an upgrade at MLB, Irving should fill this gap pretty well but I would like to see another in the draft or free agency. Jackson and Freeman can should be replaced 

DL

Anderson is going to be a great DE and Jones is very solid when healthy

Perry is up and coming but I expect a draft pick or free agent here

Langford was a great last season and is leading by example

McGill could become a great fit or very solid backup 

OL

We need upgrades at Center and Right Guard (Draft of Free Agency

This team cannot go another season of ignoring this huge need

RB

Gore 

Draft or Low Cost Free Agent 

WR

TY

Moncrief

Dorsett 

????    Free Agency or Draft

Bray

TE

Allen

Doyle

????? Upgrade over Doyle

13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

More important thought is we may be becoming the least talented team in our division. And when you combine that with a below average HC it may be a lot more difficult times than we've been used to.

Below average coach? You seriously typed that? 

How many big market teams have been in the headlines signing free agents? It's mostly teams that are 500 or worse every season.  We have tons of talent.  Take off the blinders. 

Thank god these people complaining about free agent signings and thinking they're NFL talent scouts have zero input with the Colts front office.  This team would be a train wreck!!