Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do the colts have the worst roster in football?

12isthenew18

20 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I'm not sure we have the worst? But I think we have some serious holes in the roster.

Our dominance of the AFC South quickly is fading away.

Titans, Texans and Jags are all looking much improved.

1) Titans offensive line is still pretty awful and don't get me started on their defense. It sucks.

2) Brock Osweiler has shown little on why he deserves the $72 million dollar contract. I thought he looked average at best when he started. Lamar Miller is slightly overrated.

3) Jaguars has no offensive line and no pass rush. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Introspect said:

I agree with you!

We will struggle in this division in the next couple of years. Our years of dominance over our AFC South opponents is over.

Winner of this division will be 10-6. No better

10-6? Not too shabby...I'll take it lol.

8 minutes ago, MTC said:

1) Titans offensive line is still pretty awful and don't get me started on their defense. It sucks.

2) Brock Osweiler has shown little on why he deserves the $72 million dollar contract. I thought he looked average at best when he started. Lamar Miller is slightly overrated.

2.Titans ranked 12th in total yards allowed a game last year

3.Jags had 51 sacks last year......4th best

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

No but if Osweiler plays half as good as the Texans are betting he will and Bortles has a similar performance in 2016 like that of what he did in 2015 we could be looking up in the division

Yep, Tennessee has picks and just got a pretty good rb. might be in trouble.

32 minutes ago, MTC said:

tunsil to tennesee. jags still have fowler to be awoken

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

How are they looking much improved?   Training camp is months away. 

By paying out nearly $300 million to top free agents, It's easy to see our opponents have all improved.

As I am typing... NFL Network pundits are saying Texans are by far the best in division.

With the Brock Osweiler, Lamar Miller and Jeff Allen signings.

Jags have added Tashaun Gibson, Malik Jackson, Chris Ivory, 

Tennessee brings in DeMarco Murray and Ben Jones.

Titans hold the No. 1 draft pick overall

Jags No 5

23 minutes ago, Gavin said:

2.Titans ranked 12th in total yards allowed a game last year

3.Jags had 51 sacks last year......4th best

2. Titans secondary is still a big weakness and they have no LBs besides Orakpo (Zach Brown is a FA). 

3. Should of said no pass rushing LB's

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

By paying out nearly $300 million to top free agents, It's easy to see our opponents have all improved.

As I am typing... NFL Network pundits are saying Texans are by far the best in division.

With the Brock Osweiler, Lamar Miller and Jeff Allen signings.

Jags have added Tashaun Gibson, Malik Jackson, Chris Ivory, 

Tennessee brings in DeMarco Murray and Ben Jones.

Titans hold the No. 1 draft pick overall

Jags No 5

Paying free agents tons of money doesn't mean they are going to be better.  Ask dan snyder

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Paying free agents tons of money doesn't mean they are going to be better.  Ask dan snyder

No it doesnt mean they will be better. But the teams in our division did sign a good number of the highest ranked players available. 

Just being realistic. 

Just now, 1959Colts said:

No it doesnt mean they will be better. But the teams in our division did sign a good number of the highest ranked players available. 

Just being realistic. 

Yes,   the Redskins have signed many of the "highest ranked players" in the past as well.    How has that strategy worked for them?  That's being real

1 hour ago, 12isthenew18 said:

Like this isn't an attack on us or even like an advocacy for signing everyone but I truly believe except for the niners, without Luck we have the worst roster AGAIN in football

Our roster has holes but imo the browns and 49ers have the worst rosters. 

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Respectfully, there have been recent cases where paying free agents tons of money makes sense. For instance, the Patriots rented Revis for a year - and won the SuperBowl.

The Broncos spent tons on TJ Ward, Talib, and Ware - and won the SuperBowl.

These were good teams that needed difference makers to push them over the top. That's what we are asking for, IMO. I think realistically, asking for a high paid corner, edge rusher, or O-lineman in FA is not a bad idea.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Respectfully, there have been recent cases where paying free agents tons of money makes sense. For instance, the Patriots rented Revis for a year - and won the SuperBowl.

These were good teams that needed difference makers to push them over the top. That's what we are asking for, IMO. I think realistically, asking for a high paid corner, edge rusher, or O-lineman in FA is not a bad idea.

They didn't have a 100+ million dollar contract looming in the near future either

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

A cool player u r. I agree with what u say, but we have quite a few needs. as u probably know I'm o-line.

2 hours ago, 12isthenew18 said:

Like this isn't an attack on us or even like an advocacy for signing everyone but I truly believe except for the niners, without Luck we have the worst roster AGAIN in football

Who is that lady that shows up on Saturday night live in the weekend update segment? I think her name is Daisy Rose. Yeah that's who you remind me of.

The Browns, 49ers, Titans, Falcons, Rams, and the Chargers are all less talented. 

Luck, TY, Moncrief, AC, Mewhort, Gore, and Davis are all very talented guys that make an excellent core group of players. 

Guys like Geathers, Dorsett, and Anderson have potential and could join the group above very soon. 

So no we are not the least talented team. All this overreacting is insane! We have a good team and we'll be just fine. R-E-L-A-X

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I'd maybe give you Vontae. But he needs to bounce back to what he was the year previous to this past season. 

McAfee is a punter. I'm talking about true difference playmakers on the team 

So field position isn't a difference maker. Being able to do onside kicks and even recover them doesn't make you a playmaker? A guy that could throw a good pass if needed?(If it doesn't get dropped). A guy that can run and make a play and change momentum?

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

tom brady and manning were both making huge contracts how is it the colts have no money but have no playmakers on defense and a horrible o line

Brady doesn't have a huge contract.   And the Broncos sold the future to win in the last couple of years

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

10-6? Not too shabby...I'll take it lol.

I remember when $18m QBs would guarantee a 10 win season...

Glad the Texans got their guy, but a) he's got 7 games under his belt, and b) that's a huge contract. Hope he plays well for you guys, but that's the most risky deal of the day, IMO.

Lamar Miller is a big acquisition, too.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I remember when $18m QBs would guarantee a 10 win season...

Glad the Texans got their guy, but a) he's got 7 games under his belt, and b) that's a huge contract. Hope he plays well for you guys, but that's the most risky deal of the day, IMO.

Lamar Miller is a big acquisition, too.

You're absolutely right. It's a big risk. But having a guy who's been in the league a few years, rather than a rookie, makes me feel a lot better about winning sooner rather than later. But we have to see how he plays first, adjusts to a new system, handles playing a whole season, etc. A risk worth taking I think. I too like that we're bringing in Miller to help ease Brock into the offense. A good running game is a QB's best friend. 

Because of Andrew Luck we have far from the worst roster. The QB is the most important position on the field and until another team in our Division gets a Better QB than us than we should be favored to win the Division. TY, Moncrief, Allen, Tony C, Vontae, Jackson, Adams, Vinny, and Pat are all solid players too.

15 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

You're absolutely right. It's a big risk. But having a guy who's been in the league a few years, rather than a rookie, makes me feel a lot better about winning sooner rather than later. But we have to see how he plays first, adjusts to a new system, handles playing a whole season, etc. A risk worth taking I think. I too like that we're bringing in Miller to help ease Brock into the offense. A good running game is a QB's best friend. 

I like the Miller signing.

57 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

The Browns, 49ers, Titans, Falcons, Rams, and the Chargers are all less talented. 

Luck, TY, Moncrief, AC, Mewhort, Gore, and Davis are all very talented guys that make an excellent core group of players. 

Guys like Geathers, Dorsett, and Anderson have potential and could join the group above very soon. 

So no we are not the least talented team. All this overreacting is insane! We have a good team and we'll be just fine. R-E-L-A-X

Minus Luck, I would trade the Colts roster for the Rams in a heartbeat.

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Minus Luck, I would trade the Colts roster for the Rams in a heartbeat.

They have a good defensive line and Gurley... not too much else. 

Unless we cut or trade Andrew he's still a part of our team so all these "minus Luck" arguments make no sense at all. 

2 hours ago, MTC said:

Sounds like the 14-15 Colts that went 11-5.