Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots claim Dewey McDonald off Waivers (Merge)

TKnight24

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safety/Special teams player who played with the Colts the past few years.  He's the one that dropped a wide open pass on a fake punt last year VS the Cowboys(I don't know if you remember that or not)

Thanks. I assume Pats picked up for STs depth.

Bummer on the fake punt. I do remember that play.

Remember when people thought he was going to get a shot at FS one day?

But he was good on ST's

I disagree. I thought he's been terrible on special teams. Dude had 3 penalties on special teams against the saints. And the drop fake punt last year. I honestly can't recall him really ever having impact on special teams.

As soon as he commits 2 or 3 dumb penalties, the headline will be Bill Belichick waives Dewey haha. BB always does this. Reggie Wayne didn't buy his nonsense though and said bye, BB just wanting to get the scoop on what we are doing he isn't fooling me. I still think we should sign Reggie for the final 9 games of the season since Dorsett is out for leadership, team morale more than anything but he is healthy too and Luck trusts him. I think having him here would turn the team around.

Remember when people thought he was going to get a shot at FS one day?

But he was good on ST's

And now he will get that shot with the Pats.  Outside of Chung the Pats are really thin at safety.  Definitely not this week but perhaps next year.  I mean my word the guy was an UDFA last year from a small school, it's not unheard of that it may take him a couple of years before he gets a chance to contribute on D.

Thanks. I assume Pats picked up for STs depth.

Bummer on the fake punt. I do remember that play.

We will see what BB does with him. Kids got some talent. He is not that bad. Good size and speed and not afraid of contact. Mostly special teamer but has enough talent to do more than that if given a chance. Guy has about 3 to 4 different degrees so he is pretty smart. Yeah he made some dumb special teams penalties against the Saints but I think he was really excited to play again coming off the PS. Didn't play under control but he is usually better than that.

Picked up for intel

Exactly, BB wants to know for sure that the Colts are genuinely this bad all of a sudden or is this a strategy to make it appear we are a god awful team and do a rope a dope maneuver at playoff time throwing everyone off. All we have to do is just win enough to get in. Good scouting by BB

As soon as he commits 2 or 3 dumb penalties, the headline will be Bill Belichick waives Dewey haha. BB always does this. Reggie Wayne didn't buy his nonsense though and said bye, BB just wanting to get the scoop on what we are doing he isn't fooling me. I still think we should sign Reggie for the final 9 games of the season since Dorsett is out for leadership, team morale more than anything but he is healthy too and Luck trusts him. I think having him here would turn the team around.

They already beat us, what Intel do they need?

And no he wouldn't. Reggie stinks now. If the Panthers haven't picked him up by now, no one will. They need a WR the most out of anyone in the NFL right now imo

I'm so jealous the Dolphins have a head coach like Dan Campbell

verydstrbd_zpsshfuisg1.gif

Dan Campbell has very little coaching experience.  He was a player as recently as 2010.  And a TE coach under Sparano and Philibin,  Gets promoted to interim HC this year.  He takes over in Rah Rah form, installs Oklahoma drills, and delivers Pumped up Lombardi speeches, and raw spirit.  It worked.  For two games so far. Football is as much a mental and emotional game as it is physical.  The only problem, that method is a sand foundation.  It is not a long term solution and will wane and reveal the true Dolphins, whatever that may be.  If Pagano is let go, or his contract not renewed at years end, I do not covet Campbell being the new HC by any means.

Picked up for intel

BB: Dewey... [raises eyebrow] Is your name really Dewey???

DM: Yeah, that's my name, coach.

BB: .... Okay. Well, look. I just want to know, what the devil were you guys trying to do on that 4th down fake?

[next day]

The Patriots have waived Dewey McDonald from their active roster.

We will see what BB does with him. Kids got some talent. He is not that bad. Good size and speed and not afraid of contact. Mostly special teamer but has enough talent to do more than that if given a chance. Guy has about 3 to 4 different degrees so he is pretty smart. Yeah he made some dumb special teams penalties against the Saints but I think he was really excited to play again coming off the PS. Didn't play under control but he is usually better than that.

How come the Colts released him? Was it all the mistakes piling up?

Thanks for taking the time to write that up as it will help as I watch him play and hopefully grow with the Pats. One thing about Bill. He loves STs players. If he feels he can contribute in that area than he is more than worth it to pick up off of waivers.

Dan Campbell has very little coaching experience.  He was a player as recently as 2010.  And a TE coach under Sparano and Philibin,  Gets promoted to interim HC this year.  He takes over in Rah Rah form, installs Oklahoma drills, and delivers Pumped up Lombardi speeches, and raw spirit.  It worked.  For two games so far. Football is as much a mental and emotional game as it is physical.  The only problem, that method is a sand foundation.  It is not a long term solution and will wane and reveal the true Dolphins, whatever that may be.  If Pagano is let go, or his contract not renewed at years end, I do not covet Campbell being the new HC by any means.

I'm amazed he didn't bury the ball too while he was at it. 

Thanks for taking the time to write that up as it will help as I watch him play and hopefully grow with the Pats. One thing about Bill. He loves STs players. If he feels he can contribute in that area than he is more than worth it to pick up off of waivers.

He was already on the PS and called up because of injuries. Now that we are getting Mike Adams and Clayton Geathers back we had to let him go. In all likelihood we would have stashed him back on the PS if he did not get claimed.

Thanks for taking the time to write that up as it will help as I watch him play and hopefully grow with the Pats. One thing about Bill. He loves STs players. If he feels he can contribute in that area than he is more than worth it to pick up off of waivers.

With the drafting of Clayton Geathers it gave us kind of a glut at safety. Colt Anderson is pretty good at special teams, and they like Winston Guy. McDonald did not play that much in the preseason due to injury do they went with the guys who did(Guy,Geathers,Anderson,Adams,Lowery). McDonald they cut and signed to the PS.

Who is he?

"Who is he' is the question fans ask of Patriots players after they excel despite no one ever hearing of them. That is what the Pats are famous for. Everyone in Houston thought Ryan Mallet of the Texans would be a great pick but keep in mind he was available because NE dropped him and as it turned out we all know why.

I think they made him Interim HC rather than promoting one of the coordinators because they want to keep both but do not think either is ready to be a HC.  Rather than promote then demote, you put a guy with no shot at doing anything in there while you find your guy.  Campbell screwed up that plan by winning football games.  What does ownership do if he is a player favorite and fan favorite but they want someone else?