Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe I'm blind

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

Who comes up with the ball is irrelevant for reviews. They review to see if there is a recovery before it gets to a pile. If they can't tell then they won't overturn.

Except you could tell. The ball was laying next to the Pats player when Moncrief snatched it up. I wonder if they even looked at that view?

As Bob Kravitz said on Twitter, have you ever heard of the team that came out of the pile not getting the ball? Blown call by the refs who went what they thought they saw rather than uncovering the pile and seeing who had the ball.

Despite that it's a shame the offense couldn't do anything in the second half or the Colts might have pulled this one out. The Colts continue to be their own worst enmney with flags and the dumb call on the trick play.

That was a horribly missed call and the reason I have no faith in the refs video reviews. What the heck is the point in challenging a call if they are still gonna get it wrong anyway. Moncrief comes out of the pile with the ball. The replay shows that the Pats player never had control of the ball and Moncrief, who again comes out of the pile with the ball, is seen on the replay grabbing the ball off the Pats players hip as its loose on the ground. What more evidence do ya need??? Unfreakinbelievable.

The fact that the refs called it Patriots ball on an ONSIDE kick without uncovering the pile blows me away. It is an onside kick where almost all officials are blocked from a clear view of the ball yet they somehow could call it Pats ball before uncovering the pile? That is ridiculous officiating IMO.

As Bob Kravitz said on Twitter, have you ever heard of the team that came out of the pile not getting the ball? Blown call by the refs who went what they thought they saw rather than uncovering the pile and seeing who had the ball.

Despite that it's a shame the offense couldn't do anything in the second half or the Colts might have pulled this one out. The Colts continue to be their own worst enmney with flags and the dumb call on the trick play.

If we could just keep growing with this offense and start putting together consistent drives and putting up more points. I'm not sure which direction we headed today other than the line blocking well.

The fact that the refs called it Patriots ball on an ONSIDE kick without uncovering the pile blows me away. It is an onside kick where almost all officials are blocked from a clear view of the ball yet they somehow could call it Pats ball before uncovering the pile? That is ridiculous officiating IMO.

They absolutely ruled Pats ball way too prematurely, and then it's too late for a review to fix it.

Didnt they rule we had the ball first then changed it to the pats have the ball before they even reviewed it?? How does everyone commentators tv viewers clearly see he never had the ball and they say that he did Smfh conspiracy

They announced it wrong, they gave the Pats the ball to begin with and accidentally said Colts

Yeah that was our ball. The refs were terrible

Even worse the game announcers seemed to look the other way as well. It was a blatant missed call as shown by the replays yet they barely raised an eyebrow over it. How do you not get that call right or overturn it when Moncrief clearly comes away with it. At no point did a Patriot player have complete control of the football. I expect little mention or discussion of this by the national media today. But they will be all over the stupid botch punt formation and act as that was the main factor in the loss. The missed onside kick call was a huge swing in the game as well. If Colts are awarded that ball it's a whole different ball game.

Yes, in real time it looked like Kline fell on it and then he didn't move. So I think a ref that might have seen that convinced the others he was down by contact.  The problem is, Kline never possessed it.  One of the replay angle (others have mentioned it) shows the ball out and away from Kline.  Dean Blandino felt that wasn't enough to overturn the refs on field decision.  I thought it was.  Water under the bridge.  I move on.

Even worse the game announcers seemed to look the other way as well. It was a blatant missed call as shown by the replays yet they barely raised an eyebrow over it. How do you not get that call right or overturn it when Moncrief clearly comes away with it. At no point did a Patriot player have complete control of the football. I expect little mention or discussion of this by the national media today. But they will be all over the stupid botch punt formation and act as that was the main factor in the loss. The missed onside kick call was a huge swing in the game as well. If Colts are awarded that ball it's a whole different ball game.

I feel like that kick was a 14 pt swing

media tends to stay away from ref mistakes if they can.

Anyone can see the Colt player recovered the onside kick? The pat player never possessed the ball. It was under his abdomen and neither hand was on it. Moncrief dug it out from under him. That was when it was finally possessed by anyone. The TV commentators did not seem to be too concerned but that this was a huge mistake by the officials and the replay system. I would have appreciated an explanation from one of those expert TV officials. The question is "Can you posses the ball when you just fall on it without holding it in your hands?'

I had to laugh so hard when they said there was not enough visual evidence. Seriously??? Moncrief came out of the pile with the ball! How much more visual evidence do you need? Unbelievable

Was a terrible call, no idea what made them give it to the Pats. But on video there was no EVIDENSE tell who the heck had control of the ball this no way to overturn the call on the field.. Was a complete screw up. (And I'm a pats fan).