Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 6: Score Predictions

pgt_rob

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

349 to the bills (not an offensive powerhouse) 293 to the Jacksonville freaking jaguars big whoop and 264 yds to Brandon weeden who hasn't won a game in how many years. we will go 400 + yds on this team take that to the bank. if we don't turn the ball over and D plays well we CAN win this game. ive said it several times our biggest need is to SUSTAIN drives LONG drives when you get the ball hold it 7-8 minutes and keep brady & co on the bench

And we gave up 400+ to the Texans and Jaguars

And since two of the opponents are common opponents I should mention that the Colts gave up 342 yards and 147 rushing to the Bills, 431 yards with 142 rushing to those same "Jacksonville freaking jaguars" that you just dismissed.  AT HOME.

the matchups are different the scheme is different the line is playing better theres a hundred scenarios I could bring up but ill stick to this im referring to the offense not our defense that is a lot healthier than they were when we were playing the bills and the jags

Our ILB`ers are filling the gaps better than we have seen (DQ) for awhile against the run.
So I expect NE to keep them on their heels early & often with the pass and then run well, not great.
 No reason to believe Andrew will throw well enough to maintain drives, or be accurate enough to prevent turnovers.
Our O-Line held their blocks last week and may be coming together! Go Line, Go Colts!

At home, 41-20 NE

ok what is your point im talking about the patriots defense which was not injured the beginning of the season as ours was

His point and my point are similar.  You are going after the Patriots for giving up yards, but the Colts have been decidedly worse at giving up yards as well.  You can't with one hand say that Pats D is bad for giving up yards to Jax but then with the other hand ignore the fact that the Colts did the same thing.  You can say the Colts were injured, but the Patriots lost 3 HUGE names from their 2014 team that they are going to have to adjust over 2015 to replace.  Everyone has excuses. 

Thanks :thmup: I just read he was a full participant but looked a little rusty

He was limited: http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

I don't think that means a whole lot, and I won't be surprised if he is listed as limited all week. What's going to matter is if he is listed as probable after Friday practice.  

His point and my point are similar.  You are going after the Patriots for giving up yards, but the Colts have been decidedly worse at giving up yards as well.  You can't with one hand say that Pats D is bad for giving up yards to Jax but then with the other hand ignore the fact that the Colts did the same thing.  You can say the Colts were injured, but the Patriots lost 3 HUGE names from their 2014 team that they are going to have to adjust over 2015 to replace.  Everyone has excuses. 

I never ignored the fact of the defense giving up massive numbers OR the fact that theres injuries all over our defense the point im touching on is the fact that NEs defense is worse than it has been in many years so if u would entertain me and quote my post where I said anything about our defense not giving up huge yards that would be awesome :thmup:

I never ignored the fact of the defense giving up massive numbers OR the fact that theres injuries all over our defense the point im touching on is the fact that NEs defense is worse than it has been in many years so if u would entertain me and quote my post where I said anything about our defense not giving up huge yards that would be awesome :thmup:

Do you have stats to back this up or are you guessing?  Pats D is currently ranked 7th in the league in points allowed.  Last year they were 8th.

Do you have stats to back this up or are you guessing?  Pats D is currently ranked 7th in the league in points allowed.  Last year they were 8th.

sure plenty of stats only 4 games into the season for NE and when one of those games is vs. the Brandon Weeden led cowboys with only 6 pts it SIGNIFICANTLY influences your "points allowed ranking" but im willing to wager that stat changes by wk 17.

heres some stats for you

NE D is currently 39% on 3rd down vs 40% last year  a 1% increase considering there opponents so far (not impressive)

they are 66% on 4th down vs 34% last year

they are allowing 4.7 yds a carry vs 3.9 last year

they are giving opposing QBs a 66% completion % this year vs 59% last year

and there TOP is about 1:32 difference (so far)

satisfied??

and since were on the statistics topic no reason to stop there

the Colts D on 3rd down 38% vs NE 39%

64% Comp % vs NE 66%

3.7 yds a carry vs NE 4.7

AND weve played one more game than they have

AND were are banged the heck up

so it seems Hannah you are the one choosing to ignore statistics if you want to brow beat the colts theres a NE forum for that

If We have ALL our starters on defense, Pats score 35

If a major player cannot play, -such as Davis, or Toler(whom is major considering who is behind him) 60+

If we keep balanced attack, use Gore and Bradshaw alot, and not taking unnecessary chances, Colts score best game this year 42 (Pats only decent at linebacker)

If we go to throwing 2/3+ of the time,...we give away the ball 3-4 times and maybe score 17.

We have a chance, but the winds of change with Luck this season has to start now for it to happen.

and since were on the statistics topic no reason to stop there

the Colts D on 3rd down 38% vs NE 39%

64% Comp % vs NE 66%

3.7 yds a carry vs NE 4.7

AND weve played one more game than they have

AND were are banged the heck up

so it seems Hannah you are the one choosing to ignore statistics if you want to brow beat the colts theres a NE forum for that

Post qb passer rating and yards per a game next time instead of what is close lol

Post qb passer rating and yards per a game next time instead of what is close lol

our defense is giving up almost 35 more yds/gm compared to theres and last I checked besides Ben they haven't played a QB that's started more than a handful of games "lol" more colts haters on this forum than NE I think im gonna go to pats forum probably find better fans there

ok what is your point im talking about the patriots defense which was not injured the beginning of the season as ours was

You do know BB treats the first 4 games of the season as an extended part of preseason right? Am(proof this year is the toast man fletcher is gone)

I also think your fellow colt fans pointing out that if ours is bad the colts d is worse.

You do know BB treats the first 4 games of the season as an extended part of preseason right? Am(proof this year is the toast man fletcher is gone)

I also think your fellow colt fans pointing out that if ours is bad the colts d is worse.

well I disagree I think they are about equally bad the difference being injuries obligating us to play a zone coverage which is making our DBs look like high schoolers and there secondary being healthy for the most part

and these aren't fans there bandwagons looking for anything to whine about

My heart tells me 27-24 Colts, my brain tells me 30-20 Patriots. I think we keep it within 10 this time in a worst case scenario deal unless we just keep turning it over. If we bring our A game and they don't we could win by 3-7 points. I am glad it's here and not in Foxboro. Out of Andrew's 4 losses 3 of them have been in NE.

I can't decide if i go with my heart (homer) or my head (realist).

The scores/outcome i see for these teo views are polar opposites.

Oh who am i kidding, the heart wins.

Colts - 35. Pats - 30

(You are allowd to laugh at me, i don't care.... I kinda have it comin)

But what a game THAT would be, no ?

We often win games against much better opponents about once a year since Luck came around.  (GB (and really half the teams) yr 1, SEA, DEN yr 2, BAL, CIN last year etc.)  This could be the one.  

Colts 36 Pats 35 with Adam kicking the winning field goal as time expires.  

(or...we could get creamed as always... but who knows... we've already lost our 2 games we shouldn't, we really are due to win one we shouldn't have).  

A good friend of mine says this is the season, also it seems a lot of others are thinking like this too. I wouldnt go that far but it will show us alot regarding if we will do anything this season as far as contending for a SB berth. If we lay another egg against this team we will probably be nothing more than a 9-7 team that wins a poor Division and maybe 1 Playoff win. If we win this game and get to 4-2, we could easily ride that momentum to another 11-5 season and win the Conference perhaps. If we win I cant wait to here how Pats fans will react considering all of them think this will be another 38-17 type of game. If we win, I can hear them now downplaying it and saying things like we got all the calls, we cant win them all, it's only the Regular Season. You know the excuses are coming if they lose somehow.