Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 6: Score Predictions

pgt_rob

It's humpday. What is your score prediction for Sunday Night Football against the Patriots?

I'm hoping for a closer game than our usual Patriots/Colts meeting. Looking for some good O-Line play and quicker passes. Also looking for some great D-Line play to stop the run and create pressure inside. My worries is our secondary right now. I felt like it was a bit of a strength last year but we are giving up WAY too much yardage this year. I blame it on the zone coverage and beat up players, but we need to be in the rhythm like yesterday. Our safety's look pretty good though. Also, looking for a big game from Frank Gore. I think we rely heavy on him early. I don't think we make it out with a win this week but there's some hope like any game.

Patriots: 41

Colts: 17

Let's hope I'm wrong! :coltshelmet:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me bipolar or crazy...... but these past few days I've been hyped for this game

I don't know why, but I got a good feeling about this game. I really think we pull off the upset

At first I was one of the many saying we're getting spanked.... but now I really got a good feeling.

I'm not watching any media this week, just gonna watch the game Sunday night. But I think :colts: win

:colts: 38

:flyingelvis: 34

Game of the Week

:coltslogo:

It's humpday. What is your score prediction for Sunday Night Football against the Patriots?

I'm hoping for a closer game than our usual Patriots/Colts meeting. Looking for some good O-Line play and quicker passes. Also looking for some great D-Line play to stop the run and create pressure inside. My worries is our secondary right now. I felt like it was a bit of a strength last year but we are giving up WAY too much yardage this year. I blame it on the zone coverage and beat up players, but we need to be in the rhythm like yesterday. Our safety's look pretty good though. Also, looking for a big game from Frank Gore. I think we rely heavy on him early. I don't think we make it out with a win this week but there's some hope like any game.

Patriots: 41

Colts: 17

Let's hope I'm wrong! :coltshelmet:

I am usually wrong predicting scores!  However, if the Pats win, I don't see it by more than 13, and I actually could see scenarios where the Colts could win by 7-10

Optimistic ColtStonger:  Colts 27   Pats 20

Realistic ColtStronger:   Colts 17  Pats 27

I am usually wrong predicting scores! However, if the Pats win, I don't see it by more than 13, and I actually could see scenarios where the Colts could win by 7-10

Optimistic ColtStonger: Colts 27 Pats 20

Realistic ColtStronger: Colts 17 Pats 27

Colts hold pats to under 40 is unreal

Colts hold pats to under 40 is unreal

Not at all!  I think you will be surprised!  It is very possible if the Colts limit TO penalties (like recently with Hasselbeck), and our corners play well together now that they're healthy and have had 1 game and 2 full weeks of practice together.  Our run defense is ALOT better than it has been in years past.

I almost think it's unreal to give up over 40+ again.  I wouldn't be surprise about 30 though

I am usually wrong predicting scores!  However, if the Pats win, I don't see it by more than 13, and I actually could see scenarios where the Colts could win by 7-10

Optimistic ColtStonger:  Colts 27   Pats 20

Realistic ColtStronger:   Colts 17  Pats 27

Come on man, don't copy my lucky prediction :).

The hype for this game is reminding me a lot of the 2013 Colts/Broncos game. Mannings first game back, Broncos dropping 50 points on everyone that season, Colts just an average team. Everyone picked Manning to drop 60 on the Colts for letting him go. I, myself, even expected a blowout. And then what happened? The Broncos game in, the stadium was nuts (I was there), it amped the team up, and we handled the Broncos pretty easily in a year that they were handling everyone else pretty easily.

While I agree that the Patriots have a 99.9% chance of winning by 14+ points, I would not be shocked if this team pulls together and keeps this thing closer. We still have that .1% chance of winning, and that stadium is going to be nuts on Sunday night. It will surely boost our team up. We have always looked average against division opponents, everyone does because they are more familiar with them and know how to exploit weaknesses (look how close the Jets/Pats games seem to be so often).

The closer this game gets the more amped I am getting. I'll be there Sunday night screaming my head off. If anyone is such a doubter that they aren't even going to root and hope for a win this Sunday I hope you just stay home because those of us that have seen the fight in the team when they were huge underdogs (Packers, Seahawks,Broncos x2) know that they can step up sometimes, especially at home, and put the doubters to rest. I hope this game ends up being one of those games.

Colts 38

Pats 35

This pats d gave up 475 yds to the steelers with no martavus Bryant and no leveon bell IN FOXBOROUGH

You make a good point, they also gave up quite a bit against the Bills(points at least) but on the other hand our offense hasn't clicked with Luck yet so that should be concerning.  Hopefully they get it together this weekend.

24-21 Colts. Game will be played in the trenches. Both teams will run from 130+. 

I have to disagree. our run defense is much improved and belichick knows this. he also knows our secondary is banged up and giving up lots of yards. no my prediction this year is brady will air it out. we will try to be balanced but NE is going to score and we are going to air it out as well if we go 125 on the ground and 350 threw the air no turnovers we can win

Colts 38

Pats 35

This pats d gave up 475 yds to the steelers with no martavus Bryant and no leveon bell IN FOXBOROUGH

Pittsburgh with Ben is a top 5 offensive team.

And since then the Pats have given up 349, 293, and 264 yards with two of those games being on the road. 

I want to be optimistic here, but the Colts have shown me little to be such about.  If Davis doesn't play, Toler plays like he did last week and our secondary doesn't step up along with our DL,  it wont matter who is playing QB, they'll rarely see the field.  

I'm gonna call this a 62-7 blow out, Pats.

Pittsburgh with Ben is a top 5 offensive team.

And since then the Pats have given up 349, 293, and 264 yards with two of those games being on the road. 

349 to the bills (not an offensive powerhouse) 293 to the Jacksonville freaking jaguars big whoop and 264 yds to Brandon weeden who hasn't won a game in how many years. we will go 400 + yds on this team take that to the bank. if we don't turn the ball over and D plays well we CAN win this game. ive said it several times our biggest need is to SUSTAIN drives LONG drives when you get the ball hold it 7-8 minutes and keep brady & co on the bench 

I have to disagree. our run defense is much improved and belichick knows this. he also knows our secondary is banged up and giving up lots of yards. no my prediction this year is brady will air it out. we will try to be balanced but NE is going to score and we are going to air it out as well if we go 125 on the ground and 350 threw the air no turnovers we can win

I agree our run defense has improved, but our LB's still overpursue the ball and that's how NE gets us. Maybe we won't have that problem as much if Freeman sits lol.

349 to the bills (not an offensive powerhouse) 293 to the Jacksonville freaking jaguars big whoop and 264 yds to Brandon weeden who hasn't won a game in how many years. we will go 400 + yds on this team take that to the bank. if we don't turn the ball over and D plays well we CAN win this game. ive said it several times our biggest need is to SUSTAIN drives LONG drives when you get the ball hold it 7-8 minutes and keep brady & co on the bench 

And since two of the opponents are common opponents I should mention that the Colts gave up 342 yards and 147 rushing to the Bills, 431 yards with 142 rushing to those same "Jacksonville freaking jaguars" that you just dismissed.  AT HOME.