Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson Released (merge)

Dustin

I feel like you're missing a lot. He's throwing everyone under the bus on his way out, taking zero responsibility for his poor play. He's leaving scorched earth behind him, but he's not fast enough to avoid getting burned by it himself.

I wouldn't get so upset about his whining on the way out. Brandon Spikes did the same thing last year with us. It is tough on guys when they get cut especially someone like Trent who was a top pick and now is on to his third team. It is not like anyone takes what they say seriously. Just sour grapes.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was said about Marshawn Lynch as well when he left Buffalo too.

I think in fairness to Trent he played for the hapless Browns and then went to the Colts where their is not much of a line to succeed behind. I think he could be a quality back depending on where he ends up.

Marshawn Lynch in Buffalo:

2 1000 yard seasons before being injured/suspended

Trent Richardson's Career

Barely 2000 yards in three years

On top of that, Richardson has never had a single run of 40 yards or more. Lynch has had one year where he didn't bust a run of 40 or more yards (2010 when he first went to Seattle) and his long was 39. 

I honestly don't see the comparison between these two, beyond they both have long hair and are big-bodied backs. Richardson is not going to succeed anywhere, especially when he's outplayed by guys like Donald Brown, Boom Herron and Zurlon Tipton in Indy. 

The NFL is a serious business, and Trent doesn't have the stomach for that. Trent never gotten over the fact that he was a 1st round pick that got traded, in only his second year. Instead of using this as motivation to rejuvenate his career, he decided to cry about being traded in his interviews. He didn't help his case by doing the cha cha slide everytime he ran the ball. The Colts gave him the benefit of the doubt, but the man dosn't have what it takes. He's not taking accountability for his actions or his poor play whatsoever so peace.

Why is this post even here? Waste everybody life up....I hope our organization don't do what our fans do. Keep this forum at least a lil relevant. That's why I left last time. Soon as I come back, irrelevance. This dude is not on the team. Get over it. What do u wanna take him out or something?

Why is this post even here? Waste everybody life up....I hope our organization don't do what our fans do. Keep this forum at least a lil relevant. That's why I left last time. Soon as I come back, irrelevance. This dude is not on the team. Get over it. What do u wanna take him out or something?

"Soon as you come back, irrelevance." ......True enough!  ;)

Link?  if we try to side step the money owed he and the NFLPA will appeal, so we may win, we may lose, but the money isn't there for us to spend until it clears the appeal process.

Per Mike Wells:

"Language in Richardson's contract allowed the Colts to avoid paying Richardson's $3.1 million salary for next season because of his two-game suspension. A grievance to try and recoup some or all of Richardson's salary will likely be filed."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12470099/indianapolis-colts-waive-disappointing-rb-trent-richardson

:blah::scratch: :scratch: :thinking::realitycheck:     truly insightful post :thmdown:

Richardson's comments didn't go himself any favors in finding another job. Sounds like he isn't responsible for any of this. Accountability he does not have, and I've lost what respect I had for him. What's with the entitlement these days?

Adios Trent

The real question is did we void his contract?

Here ya go.....

Richardson: 'I'll be one of the top running backs'
  • _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The NFL Editor
  • Published: March 12, 2015 at 08:31 p.m.
  • Updated: March 12, 2015 at 09:49 p.m.

Trent Richardson isn't taking his departure from Indianapolis lying down. After two desultory seasons with the Colts, Richardson still sees himself as a star.

"I'll be one of the top running backs from here on out," Richardson told ESPN's Mike Wells Thursday. "They ruled Marshawn Lynch off in his third year. Look at what he's doing now. My next stop, I'll be the starter. I still have my pride and I know who I am."

One of Lynch's former teammates, Matt Hasselbeckalso once made the comparison between Richardson and Lynch. The difference: Marshawn displayed difference-making talent while he was showing a lack of maturity early in his career in Buffalo. Richardson, meanwhile, has the second worst yards-per-carry average for any running back with at least 500 carries since 1979. And he isn't taking much accountability for his troubles.

"I'm not saying anything bad about the program, but that program just didn't fit me at all. Me and the GM (Ryan Grigson) didn't see eye to eye. It was a bad marriage for us," Richardson said.

Grigson gave up a first-round pick for Richardson in one of the worst trades of the last 20 years. The team was unhappy with Richardson reportedly being late for team meetings and being overweight.

"We had made an agreement where I'd weigh 230 pounds, but it turns out that I was supposed to be 227 pounds and they didn't tell me that," Richardson said. "We've got a list of things we can use against the Colts where I can get my money back. They were fining me for failing to meet conduct code. Not making weight is not conduct code."

Richardson's agent might want to curtail his excuse-making on his way out the door. It's only going to make it harder for Richardson to get another job, much less a starting gig.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast breaks down DeMarco Murray's move to the Eagles and breaks down which teams have been wise in free agency. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

What I don't understand is even if Indy secretly wanted him to meet 227 lbs instead of 230 lbs, why did Trent settle for wanting to be EXACTLY at 230 lbs? Would he not be a more effective back by being even lower than 230 lbs? Why not strive for 220 lbs? 

He talks about wanting to be the best back in the league. Well, the best backs in the league don't settle for minimum quotas. They push their bodies to the limit.

What I don't understand is even if Indy secretly wanted him to meet 227 lbs instead of 230 lbs, why did Trent settle for wanting to be EXACTLY at 230 lbs? Would he not be a more effective back by being even lower than 230 lbs? Why not strive for 220 lbs?

He talks about wanting to be the best back in the league. Well, the best backs in the league don't settle for minimum quotas. They push their bodies to the limit.

And I don't understand why he didn't ask what he was supposed to weigh when he started getting fined. Most people wouldn't wait for the 14th time before asking what is going on

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago

Per source, Colts RB Trent Richardson has filed a grievance over his January suspension. $3.184 million hangs in the balance.

Trent was quoted as saying in at least one of those articles that meeting weight wasn't conduct, and so he had a case.

From Wells on ESPN-

"We had made an agreement where I'd weigh 230 pounds, but it turns out that I was supposed to be 227 pounds and they didn't tell me that," Richardson said. "We've got a list of things we can use against the Colts where I can get my money back. They were fining me for failing to meet conduct code. Not making weight is not conduct code."

I still think he doesn't realize just why he is being punished and cut.

Trent was quoted as saying in at least one of those articles that meeting weight wasn't conduct, and so he had a case.

From Wells on ESPN-

"We had made an agreement where I'd weigh 230 pounds, but it turns out that I was supposed to be 227 pounds and they didn't tell me that," Richardson said. "We've got a list of things we can use against the Colts where I can get my money back. They were fining me for failing to meet conduct code. Not making weight is not conduct code."

I still think he doesn't realize just why he is being punished and cut.

Maybe he can use that money to go back to kindergarten to learn his numbers. Apparently he's getting 27 and 30 confused. He should also stop by a Sprint store on the way to school to learn how to dial a phone. Add reading comprehension, and basic modern human being functioning to the list of things he's terrible at. Nothing more annoying than clueless, delusional, entitled people.

Maybe he can use that money to go back to kindergarten to learn his numbers. Apparently he's getting 27 and 30 confused. He should also stop by a Sprint store on the way to school to learn how to dial a phone. Add reading comprehension, and basic modern human being functioning to the list of things he's terrible at. Nothing more annoying than clueless, delusional, entitled people.

Sounds like he should go into politics:-)

Violating conduct code ... how about being late to meetings or missing them entirely without giving notice.  Guess millionaires are no different than a lot of my former employees ... they don't show up and they don't call in to say so.  Sad times across the board, when an employee can't even give the courtesy of a phone call.

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts 
 Trent back in the AFC South? RT @terrymc13: Per a source, don't be too surprised if the #Titans kick the tires on Trent Richardson

That would be hilarious, because they have no QB. If Trent couldn't get it done with Andrew Luck, no way he gets it done with the Titans, especially when Chuck Pagano knows all of Trent's weaknesses.

Have fun with that Titans, only way TR gets better if he accepts responsibility and works hard to improve.  Sounds like

the opposite to me, making excuses, and blaming others.  It's sad really, he has the talent to be a top running back, but he feels entitled and believes he can rely on talent alone.  Unfortunately this happens quite a few times with players picked high in the draft.