Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson Released (merge)

Dustin

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be hilarious, because they have no QB. If Trent couldn't get it done with Andrew Luck, no way he gets it done with the Titans, especially when Chuck Pagano knows all of Trent's weaknesses.

Like running, catching, and blocking?

I wouldn't get so upset about his whining on the way out. Brandon Spikes did the same thing last year with us. It is tough on guys when they get cut especially someone like Trent who was a top pick and now is on to his third team. It is not like anyone takes what they say seriously. Just sour grapes.

It doesn't matter. But it's wrong.

Trent seems to let his mouth write a lots of checks that his butt can't cash.

He was gonna put up 1500 yards last season, didn't happen. He was gonna turn it on for the last 4 games of the season, didn't happen. He was gonna jump in the Dawg Pound when he scored, didn't happen.

His mouth seems to have no problem moving unless someone wants him to take some personal accountability, then it moves less then his legs do on a run play.

He will never make it out of training camp if someone pucks him up.

then we would have never have had faulk, or james, draft picks often don't work out, don't pass up a good player because of first round rules

Colts would have done fine without them. Colts went to AFC championship game during the Faulk era.....when Faulk was hurt and on the bench. Colts won the SB with a rookie and a journeyman in the backfield.

"I'm not saying anything bad about the program, but that program just didn't fit me at all. Me and the GM (Ryan Grigson) didn't see eye to eye. It was a bad marriage for us."  

He's the only Colts player I've seen say that.  

What kind of coward can't admit he didn't perform?  

Also hearing he missed weight over a dozen times shows his lack of effort also.    

Late to meetings? He's lucky he wasn't suspended earlier.

He's just in it to get the paycheck.  

​He lacks discipline, and quite frankly, talent.   

I don't see him getting his money back seeing as he didn't fulfill his contractual duties.  

Good riddance. I didn't know this guy was a clown before we got him.

Colts would have done fine without them. Colts went to AFC championship game during the Faulk era.....when Faulk was hurt and on the bench. Colts won the SB with a rookie and a journeyman in the backfield.

rhodes wasnt a journeyman. he was a undrafted free agent by the colts

Just imagine if we hadn't traded for him to start with. We would be one more piece closer than we are. We could have gotten a guy like Bradley Roby, Deone Bucannon, or Joel Bitonio. Or traded back and actually gotten a good RB like Jeremy Hill.

Do you think there is a chance we have to pay him?

I don't know enough to make an educated guess. Based on the article alone I would say he has an argument. If it is only because of three pounds...

Than again, I am sure Grigs and the front office know what they are doing.

"I'm not saying anything bad about the program, but that program just didn't fit me at all. Me and the GM (Ryan Grigson) didn't see eye to eye. It was a bad marriage for us."  

He's the only Colts player I've seen say that.  

What kind of coward can't admit he didn't perform?  

Also hearing he missed weight over a dozen times shows his lack of effort also.    

Late to meetings? He's lucky he wasn't suspended earlier.

He's just in it to get the paycheck.  

​He lacks discipline, and quite frankly, talent.   

I don't see him getting his money back seeing as he didn't fulfill his contractual duties.  

Good riddance. I didn't know this guy was a clown before we got him.

Best part of listening to this joker is his explanation of the weight issue. He claims the agreement he understood was 230 lbs.but the Colts "never told him it was 227 lbs." So that would lead us to believe he kept coming in at 230. Ok.. I got that part of it. We are also told he was fined 12 times for missing weight . So I guess we are to believe that he was fined 11 times for being 230Lbs and never thought to ask why he was being fined ? 

Stephen Holder of the Star got another article up on this, including a few more choice quotes from Richardson

article: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/03/12/colts-waive-trent-richardson/70229002/

"My next team will be my last team," he said. "They're going to get my all. Hey, they doubted Marshawn Lynch for three years until he got to Seattle. Look at him now."

He added, "It didn't work out in Indy, but I know my pedigree and I know what I'm made of. At the end of the day, you and me are going to sit back and laugh at this situation."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We always talk about faith and family around here," he said, "but when I tried to put my family first, it was a big problem."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Richardson said no indication has been given about the team's plans to proceed with voiding the guarantee. The subject didn't come up during his conversation with Grigson on Thursday. In fact, Richardson said the two had a productive talk.

"(Grigson) said he didn't want our relationship to be sour," Richardson recalled. "I applaud him for that."

Not a fan of what I'm hearing from him.  He had a sweet deal here especially when you factor in what the team got for what they paid.

I'm sure the team and TR didn't see eye to eye.  How could they?  

Anyway, a little humility and gratitude for the faith the team put in your and how you let us down?

Remember, the rest of the NFL is watching

I don't know enough to make an educated guess. Based on the article alone I would say he has an argument. If it is only because of three pounds...

Than again, I am sure Grigs and the front office know what they are doing.

If his contract says he had to be at 227 and he kept coming in at 230 then 3 pounds is a big issue.

$3 ain't much money but if you short your landlord and utility companies $3 each month then they will kick you out or turn you off. You would get mad if they tacked on $3 a month to your bill.

3 is a small number but a contract is a contract.

Seems he didn't mind being fined if he kept showing up overweight. The guy has free access to a gym and trainers, its not like he couldn't have shed 3 pounds pretty easily.

I would use that as an example of him just not caring.

If you look at Trent's NFL career so far you see Cleveland in a hurry to unload him for a huge discount after one season. You see him come to Indy and after 12 games still claim he doesn't know the playbook. He shows up overweight, he doesn't keep in contact with the team on at least 2 occasions. He shoots his mouth off about what he is going to do, but never actually does anything but fail.

When he is finally benched for a game he runs to the press and says that it will never happen again, which could be seen as a threat, or not, I don't know him personally to make that call.

It wouldn't even be far fetched for me to believe that he found out he was being benched and to save face had his girlfriend go to the hospital thinking that doing so would keep the team from being able to do anything to him. I mean after all he never called the team.

I have 4 kids and my wife is a trooper when it comes to being pregnant and having babies, but I also have 2 sisters who aren't so tough and will run to the hospital if they have gas during pregnancy. Being at the hospital doesn't always mean life and death, people go for the attention, to get pain pills, and sometimes just to get a note for work.

Trent has a phone, his girlfriend has a phone, the hospital has phones, Trent didn't call to check in because Trent either didn't feel like it or because he knew doing so wouldn't save him from being benched again.

The guy is poison IMO. Zero talent and tons of issues.

If his contract says he had to be at 227 and he kept coming in at 230 then 3 pounds is a big issue.

$3 ain't much money but if you short your landlord and utility companies $3 each month then they will kick you out or turn you off. You would get mad if they tacked on $3 a month to your bill.

3 is a small number but a contract is a contract.

Seems he didn't mind being fined if he kept showing up overweight. The guy has free access to a gym and trainers, its not like he couldn't have shed 3 pounds pretty easily.

I would use that as an example of him just not caring.

If you look at Trent's NFL career so far you see Cleveland in a hurry to unload him for a huge discount after one season. You see him come to Indy and after 12 games still claim he doesn't know the playbook. He shows up overweight, he doesn't keep in contact with the team on at least 2 occasions. He shoots his mouth off about what he is going to do, but never actually does anything but fail.

When he is finally benched for a game he runs to the press and says that it will never happen again, which could be seen as a threat, or not, I don't know him personally to make that call.

It wouldn't even be far fetched for me to believe that he found out he was being benched and to save face had his girlfriend go to the hospital thinking that doing so would keep the team from being able to do anything to him. I mean after all he never called the team.

I have 4 kids and my wife is a trooper when it comes to being pregnant and having babies, but I also have 2 sisters who aren't so tough and will run to the hospital if they have gas during pregnancy. Being at the hospital doesn't always mean life and death, people go for the attention, to get pain pills, and sometimes just to get a note for work.

Trent has a phone, his girlfriend has a phone, the hospital has phones, Trent didn't call to check in because Trent either didn't feel like it or because he knew doing so wouldn't save him from being benched again.

The guy is poison IMO. Zero talent and tons of issues.

Well said.