Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson Released (merge)

Dustin

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Buckeye living in Bama, with a kid going to school there, I've followed him for a long time.

I hope he turns it around and has a good career.  I really don't get all the hate and sarcasm here.  Whatever.

I too hope he goes on to a decent career. I had nothing against him personally, as he seemed like a good person. It's just that he didn't do well here. I hope people don't pile up on him and talk smack. He did the best he could, but it just wasn't good enough. Not every RB can be Barry Sanders. Let it go.

Watch the Cowboys picking him up and him becoming the next Murray and have a PRO BOWL season.

thats about the only line that he could get 4ypc behind...closest thing to Alabama he would ever get. Have to be honest....he was a train wreck here....and he has to get his mind right and weight right if he wants to even have a marginal NFL career.

Watch the Cowboys picking him up and him becoming the next Murray and have a PRO BOWL season.

look you have your ocho cinco we got our Trent.... Just yours didn't cost a 1st rd pick.....we all make mistakes we just have to admit it and move on.

look you have your ocho cinco we got our Trent.... Just yours didn't cost a 1st rd pick.....we all make mistakes we just have to admit it and move on.

I'm not knocking the Colts, I am just praising the Cowboys O-Line making a nobody a star...Hell even my grandma could be a pro bowl RB for the cowboys with that O-Line!

I'm not knocking the Colts, I am just praising the Cowboys O-Line making a nobody a star...Hell even my grandma could be a pro bowl RB for the cowboys with that O-Line!

i know I know...and Dallas fans act like letting murray go and not giving him 8 million is crazy.....doesn't really matter because we all know the soap opera that is the NFL will have AP getting cut in Minnesota and playing in Dallas. At the very least plan b and they draft gurley or Gordon for a 1/3 the cap space and use it wisely on defense at lb or DL.

Maybe, he would definitely need that 5-8 seconds of dancing around in the backfield to potentially find holes.  However maybe, just maybe, the Cowboys OL can offer what Trent needs to be a thriving running back, 8 seconds of time in the backfield.

then we would have never have had faulk, or james, draft picks often don't work out, don't pass up a good player because of first round rules

When you get a chance, you should check a calendar. Maybe call the number for time.

Once the shock wears off, we're all here to welcome you to the 21st century. You'll notice a lot has changed.

I too hope he goes on to a decent career. I had nothing against him personally, as he seemed like a good person. It's just that he didn't do well here. I hope people don't pile up on him and talk smack. He did the best he could, but it just wasn't good enough. Not every RB can be Barry Sanders. Let it go.

I feel like you're missing a lot. He's throwing everyone under the bus on his way out, taking zero responsibility for his poor play. He's leaving scorched earth behind him, but he's not fast enough to avoid getting burned by it himself.

The Colts had faith in him to risk a first-round pick for him, a young runningback already on the decline in his second year. We helped him through his struggles, gave him advice as to how to come back, tried everything we could to regenerate his career. And what did he do? He continued to be the bum he is, refusing to lose the 'three' pounds that he so claimed he had too many of. He showed his ignorance with this comment and his refusal to listen to the coaches' advice. Good riddance, T-Rich. I once believed in you. I don't think anybody does anymore.

When you get a chance, you should check a calendar. Maybe call the number for time.

Once the shock wears off, we're all here to welcome you to the 21st century. You'll notice a lot has changed.

I am 72 years old. I have been a fan a long time, I have seen the whats in favor come and go. stick around and you may see it too.

I am 72 years old. I have been a fan a long time, I have seen the whats in favor come and go. stick around and you may see it too.

I can appreciate that. But things now are different than they were in 1995 & 1999. Perhaps they'll be different again in a few years. But now -- and even in 2013 -- using a first rounder on a RB isn't a good idea.

I'd wager RB's -- both now and in the future -- will be upset with Trent Richardson, because when GM's look back on this acquisition, GM's will think twice before using a 1st rounder on anything RB related. This stigma against HB's was bad enough as it was; Trent's failure simply reinforces it.

Trent was a talented Alabama prospect compared by some to Adrian Peterson as the "complete" back. Two teams used a 1st rounder on him (Cleveland for acquiring him; the Colts for trading to get him). Despite this promise, he seemed incapable of losing a mere 3 lbs.

Trent has hurt every RB's draft and trade stock. As a bust, I'd put him near the top.

I can appreciate that. But things now are different than they were in 1995 & 1999. Perhaps they'll be different again in a few years. But now -- and even in 2013 -- using a first rounder on a RB isn't a good idea.

I'd wager RB's -- both now and in the future -- will be upset with Trent Richardson, because when GM's look back on this acquisition, GM's will think twice before using a 1st rounder on anything RB related. This stigma against HB's was bad enough as it was; Trent's failure simply reinforces it.

Trent was a talented Alabama prospect compared by some to Adrian Peterson as the "complete" back. Two teams used a 1st rounder on him (Cleveland for acquiring him; the Colts for trading to get him). Despite this promise, he seemed incapable of losing a mere 3 lbs.

Trent has hurt every RB's draft and trade stock. As a bust, I'd put him near the top.

I would argue that RBs should be evaluated on a case by case basis.....and that flushing the entire idea of a RB in the 1st round could lead to a badly missed opportunity.

Ironically, a recent 2013 example would have helped us avoid this Richardson nightmare entirely.

Because had the Colts drafted 3-down back LeVeon Bell at the #24 slot where they drafted Bjorn Werner in 2013....we would never have had to make the Richardson trade 5 months later in the first place.

That's not a shot at Grigson so much as it is simply stating a fact that Bell has clearly proven himself a 1st round talent......and OLB Bjorn Werner has NOT.

Oh.....and for every laundry list trotted out here of failed 1st round RBs....there's a generous list of washed up bums for every other position drafted in the 1st round over the years.

Similarly....for every late round RB gem found in the draft, there are players at every other position that surprise.

The rookie salary cap has taken a lot of risk out of 1st round picks....regardless of the position they play.

I think that NFL GMs that identify a RB with playmaking talent that happens to rank them as the BPA at a 1st round slot, should select them in the 1st round and not subscribe to any suggestion of writing off the entire position as a 1st round choice.

Grigson swung and missed on Richardson so badly he corkscrewed himself into the earth....there is no arguing that.

But that doesn't mean you damn every other RB draft prospect out of the 1st round for it. 

The thng is, you didn't HAVE to read it. There was a specific thread for venting about Richardson. So if you felt you had to read it, you must be a masochist....

No...there were hundreds of negative posts....long before a thread was created. Even then, he was mentioned continually in other threads. There was simply no escaping the Trent hatred.

I was in his corner before tonight

Me too...

I tried to stay optimistic about Trent's sucktastic performance as a Colt, but now I want my 75 bucks back...

I was a complete * & got a #34 jersey when Grigs traded for him thinking he'd be the feature back for the next 5-6 years...

wow what an epic failure...

o.k. I'm done, just had to vent a little, sad the guy had to dis the franchise...

Time to go burn that jrzy for reals...

The reason Richardson is gone is because he showed himself to be a bad player. And based on reports, pretty irresponsible. Let's see him average better than 3.6 yards/carry before we start talking about him succeeding.

I'm not the kind of person to make dogmatic, matter of fact statements, but I say, with no hesitation, that Trent Richardson is not going to have any "success" in the NFL. 

That was said about Marshawn Lynch as well when he left Buffalo too.

I think in fairness to Trent he played for the hapless Browns and then went to the Colts where their is not much of a line to succeed behind. I think he could be a quality back depending on where he ends up.

seriously... I wouldn't be surprised if you were a Tim Tebow believer. Or maybe you still think Jamarcus Russel has potential. I honestly could walk onto the field, close my eyes, and backpedal and still play better than trent richardson did.

But... that's all Trent Richardson ever did.