Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gore or Spiller what do you guys think

I don't want anyone else's backs at a high price. Draft the back and maybe sign Pierre Thomas or spiller. We don't need to spend tons of money at RB bc we are a passing team. Just need someone good enough to balance the O not carry it.

I would actually like Murray over either and would much prefer to anything thats available we should just draft a back.  However I suspect Grigs will bring in an FA.  If the other post is correct and Philly is offering 5 a year I dont want any part of that too much unless it is on a one or two year deal and even then it is a large hit.

I just wanted to throw all this out there fun topic.

Spiller would be a great fit in this offense.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we make a run at Knowshon Moreno -- he should be cheap as he missed most of last year with injury (which I don't think is something that should linger into this coming season).  Knowshon is a complete back, and if healthy would be a huge asset to this team.

so we can have him for 8 games again? I love Bradshaw when he's healthy, but that just isn't going to happen.

You seen how he got hurt right? Well, odds are any other player in the league in that same senario is also going to get their ankle broke. Before that he was tearing it up. The guy runs angry and he knows this system already. He's shown he good at picking up the blitz and blocking as well. I imagine the contract would benifit the Colts as well. Sounds like a win win to me.

Just listen to what Eric Allen had to say following the injury. Though after about half way through you can stop listening... lol

http://youtu.be/coWQJzEhzPU

That is what Bradshaw brings to the table and what the Colts need. Anyone can get hurt on any given play. A healthy Bradshaw is a damn good RB. I hope they bring him back and draft a RB from this loaded RB class as well. One of the best RB classes in quite a while imo.

I really thought we were getting Gore.  Not feeling Spiller or DeMarco.  Ugh...Nothing much out there interests me now.  Other than maybe Helu who should be fairly cheap.  Would be fine with him and drafting another back or even just taking two running backs in the draft and not worrying about signing a running back in free agency.

I thought during all of last season the promblem was the o-0line and how they could not open any holes. The boom averaged a little over 4 yards a carry with the line we had, did not get to see much of tipton but sure he can be a promiseing back this year lets see what he brings during training camp.So go after the o-line keep what you got resign Bradshaw for cheap use him in certain situations for health reasons and draft a RB. Any RB you get now would not get through any holes if their is no hole.

so we can have him for 8 games again? I love Bradshaw when he's healthy, but that just isn't going to happen.

Total agreement. Bradshaw is what Bob Sanders was. Great when played, but rarely played the full season. Why pay for a back that cannot last a whole year? Spiller would do well in Indy, as he run well and catch the ball out of the backfield.

I would take Spiller in a heartbeat.

When healthy he is the closest thing to Marshall Faulk, since Marshall Faulk.

He is good for 10-20 touches a game and he is a game wrecker.

A 4 year 12 million dollar deal sounds like a nice price for him.