Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you had to pick 1 defensive player to have great game

mirobi

It would be either Vontae Davis (shutdown Demaryius Thomas), or Johnathan Newsome (put pressure on Peyton and maybe a sack or two to break out even more in a huge way). In the end, I'd go with Vontae so Demaryius is a non factor.

problem with this is he doesn't follow the #1 receiver on the field so he may be covering sanders or welker some of the time

Any interior D Lineman to get a push up the middle Manning hates pressure in his face. I really think the D's a little underrated because of a couple of games that got out of hand. I think Denver is in for a surprise on Sunday as long as Toler his healthy if Toler is not 100% I change my answer to Gordy I know that is asking a lot but that is what we thought about Sergio not so long ago

Davis or Newsome.  Davis could change the game with some INTs and so could Newsome if he gets to Manning and I think Newsome is our best pass rusher right now.

Those are easy choices though I think Freeman will be key this game.  If he can play like he did on Sunday he will help shutdown the run but more importantly he stands a better chance at covering the tightends that killed us in the first game than Jackson does.  If Freeman brings his A game that should give the defense a big boost Sunday.

it absolutely has to be Toler! if Davis is on Thomas then Toler need to be on Sanders or the other way around, I have faith in Davis but if Toler cant handle Thomas or Sanders Peyton will pick on him all game and Davis will be a non factor

We need Landry to step up and have a great game

I've seen him be an enforcer across the middle, he can lay big hits. A forced fumble after nailing a TE turning upfield could be a game changer. Seattle put fear in Denver's receivers, if we can set that tone we can win. Landry was brought in under the build the monster mantra, unfortunately he just isn't layin the wood like I had hoped. Vontae Davis has levelled some people this year, I've really enjoyed watching.

I've seen him be an enforcer across the middle, he can lay big hits. A forced fumble after nailing a TE turning upfield could be a game changer. Seattle put fear in Denver's receivers, if we can set that tone we can win. Landry was brought in under the build the monster mantra, unfortunately he just isn't layin the wood like I had hoped. Vontae Davis has levelled some people this year, I've really enjoyed watching.

that hit on Bernard tho

I'd say it will be key for Toler to have a really good game.  And if we can get Butler back to picking off balls and playing tight coverage like he used to then I really love our chances.  If all 3 are playing well, then that will enhance our ability to bring sometimely blitzes and put some heat on Peyton.

Hoping DQ and Freeman continue to play well.  Newsome and Werner will be key as well.

I don't think the game will be won by 1 great individual performance or we need 1 person to step up to be able to pull out a W.  The main players we need to have a good game include.  Art Jones, DQ,  Newsome, Werner, Toler, and Landry.  You can already count on Davis, Adams, Redding, RJF, and Freeman to bring their A game