Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts agree to one year deal with Hakeem Nicks (merge)

lennymoore24

cause they drafted Werner. Im not saying is gonna happen, but the strucure of the deal, f remember correctly , was for 2 year, the third year had no cap issues if cut. So my guess is that they plan to move on from him after that and since they drafted Werner....so i did the math.

this is all my opinion i have no way to know it Obviusly.

Werner is primarily going to play Rush backer, behind and alongside Mathis. Different position than Walden. But I do think we should draft someone -- Kyle Van Noy?? -- who can take over for Walden and provide more athleticism and pass rush at Sam. And if we do, then Walden becomes a logical release. But it won't be because he makes too much money. His contract is actually on the low end for veteran Sam backers in 3-4 defenses...

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, think about that for a second.  The only way to become a "proven" player is you know, to play.  He (Grigson) has two proven 1000 yard receivers on the team so there is a chance there for other guys to get playing time to become "proven" in a very good situation.  Adding Nicks would mean he doesn't not believe the players he has picked are capable of that or that the coaches he has picked are capable of developing them.  I just wonder which it is.

Well, injuries will happen and you can never have too many wide receivers. Last year gave those young guys good experience and will help the wide receiver depth going into the future. Grigson looking into a way to upgrade the wide receivers by signing Nicks doesn't mean he thinks Whalen, Rogers, and Brazzil are incapable, he just see's it as a way to make the team better.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 20s

Colts and WR Hakeem Nicks reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

It's a done deal boys, and Jules! (and any other female members :) )

Like it.  Hopefully it goes better than the last WR we gave a one year deal too...

Still next year we have Wayne and Nicks as free agents as well as Hilton going into the last year of his deal.  Grigson will have to make some choices at the WR spot. 

I'm surprised it is only 1 year if true... figured he would want at least 3.

He said he would take a prove it deal. There could be a second year option as well. The main thing is the $, just want enough left to keep up my hopes for Mack.