Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts agree to one year deal with Hakeem Nicks (merge)

lennymoore24

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? Only #18 should be of limits

Marvin wore John Mackey's #88. So what if he was a Baltimore Colt.

Hell, Erik Walden is wearing a Dwight Freeney throwback as we speak.

Don't get me started on how Cassius Vaughn regularly disgraced Edge's #32.

Marvin leads in almost all of our statistical franchise WR records unless Reggie is able to go nuts and beat them all somehow. I think 88 and 87 (when RW leaves football for good) should be untouchable because they helped build the franchise with Peyton too. 

Do you really, I mean really believe this will be the case? I'm sure Grigson values his job better than you give him credit for.

I hope not, but the Costa signing makes it seem that way. Also, if we draft on the interior line, there's just as much uncertainty. I would feel much better about the O-line if we went after (realistically) one veteran stud and drafted for more depth early. Instead, we've signed a backup and are probably fruitlessly flirting with Mack, leaving the draft as our only avenue to upgrade a line with a lot of question marks

If the Colts sign Nicks, does it mean that Grigs does not have faith in the guys he drafted or he doesn't have faith in the coaching staff to develop the guys he drafted?

It means he thinks signing Nicks will improve this football team.

I'm not sure what all the hype is with Hakeem Nicks.  He didn't have any TD's last year in 15 games.  He no longer has any separation, and is just an average reciever at best now.  I think we have at least 3 guys that are better than Nicks.  Wayne, Hilton, Rogers, you could even say Whalen may be better as well.  Maybe I'm just a bitter Fabtasy Football owner that got burned by this guy.  He had Eli Manning throwing to him so it's not like he didn't have a QB either.  He just doesn't excite me at all.

I'm not sure what all the hype is with Hakeem Nicks.  He didn't have any TD's last year in 15 games.  He no longer has any separation, and is just an average reciever at best now.  I think we have at least 3 guys that are better than Nicks.  Wayne, Hilton, Rogers, you could even say Whalen may be better as well.  Maybe I'm just a bitter Fabtasy Football owner that got burned by this guy.  He had Eli Manning throwing to him so it's not like he didn't have a QB either.  He just doesn't excite me at all.

Did you not watch how Eli played this year. He looked like Retro Eli and that's not a good thing. And he played hurt most of the season. Eli was the major problem this year not Nicks. 

Right.  The Colts could offer Mack a 5 year $5 million contract and if he accepted it then the Browns would have a chance to match, if they did not match it, then the Colts would sign Mack for that contract.  Now, the likely hood of that happening is next to nill.  But the Colts(or any team) could do a 5 years, 40 million contract with $15 million guaranteed in 2014 and 10 million guaranteed in 2015, still be less than $10 mill per year but it would be more beneficial for Mack than a one year contract guaranteed at $10 mil+

just talked to a friend of mine from Ohio and is a Huge Browns Fan.... He tells me their is No Way Mack Leaves and they are Laughing that his agent say's he can do it. He says Mack is # ! and they will Pay....  I'm

not saying IT Can't Happen, But I think our time and $ will be better spent signing EDS and going forward... 

just talked to a friend of mine from Ohio and is a Huge Browns Fan.... He tells me their is No Way Mack Leaves and they are Laughing that his agent say's he can do it. He says Mack is # ! and they will Pay....  

m\not saying IT Can't Happen, But I think our time and $ will be better spent signing EDS and going forward... 

EDS signed with TB. Mack is pretty much the only thing they have hope in.

Marvin leads in almost all of our statistical franchise WR records unless Reggie is able to go nuts and beat them all somehow. I think 88 and 87 (when RW leaves football for good) should be untouchable because they helped build the franchise with Peyton too. 

If they let someone else wear the absolutely magnificent John Mackey's number - then Marvin's number is fair game.  For you youngsters - Mackey was the mold for the modern day tight end was named to that spot on the NFL's "Team of the First Fifty Years."  :^)