Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts agree to one year deal with Hakeem Nicks (merge)

lennymoore24

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember if he gets to that 1000+ yards and 6+ TD territory we'll get the opportunity to re-sign him, or we can franchise him if he gets to that 1200+ 8+ TD level.

This deal is awesome! We have so much quality at WR now. And great depth with Rogers, Whalen and Brazill. 

And people Rogers will get a chance to show what he can with a full off season. I still see Rogers as our future number one receiver. If Nicks is not brought back Rogers will have had a whole year to mature. 

Great move but the sad thing is one of either Whalen, Rogers, or Brazill is going to have to go now.... :(

We all have a soft spot for our young guys, but Nicks has shown the ability to be a true #1 receiver. And we just signed him for basically the same deal we gave DHB last year (if reports are correct). I'll get over whichever of Whalen, Rogers or Brazill that doesn't make the final 53.

We all have a soft spot for our young guys, but Nicks has shown the ability to be a true #1 receiver. And we just signed him for basically the same deal we gave DHB last year (if reports are correct). I'll get over whichever of Whalen, Rogers or Brazill that doesn't make the final 53.

My guess is Brazill would be odd man out of that group... unless he puts on a show this season. No suspensions.

This is great .I know we wanted him and we when with Damn it Donald brown ...Now we got Nicks and brown is gone . Funny how things work . So who holds more value to the colts now knowing what both players could bring to this team and the next question is what's next ?

Wow....I think even Denver would have offered him that! NE too. Thats a good deal although I wouldn't have mind a 3 yr deal around 16 million because I think he was going to bounce back. Contract year basically so you know he is going to want to play BIG. Just hope he doesn't go all diva if we spread it around too much. If we can upgrade our Center or one of our guard positions I would just have a crazy smile on my face. Doing that would put us with a shot at a first rd bye...I really think Denver with that killer schedule is going to struggle to have home field advantage even if they have a great team.

No......  I don't think that's correct.    I don't that's how it works....

Maybe not but I'm sure we will offer Mack a deal that is so gruesome that the Browns will go running to the hills.

It's obvious our FO knows how to structure a deal so I expect the first seasons cap number to be like $13million with the second year being like $6million and so forth.

I would have absolutely no problem with that.

As much as I didn't see the need for this deal, if the 1 yr. at 3.5 mil. is accurate, I can't throw a fit about that. He's a good receiver if he can stay healthy and for that little bit of money, it's a good sign.

Completely agree. Wanted to pass on him (rather than to him. Anyone? No? Yeah it was bad haha) and draft someone in this ultra deep class. At 3.5? Happy with him.

I think the reason he left Carolina was because he wanted a 1yr deal and they were pushing longer contracts...probably the reason we took so long too. TBH I would never have offered him a contract that low...even 1 yr....maybe he kept talking Grigs down....no I won't take 5.5 million...6...your getting colder lol...huh!!?? 3.5 million is just stupid cheap. Even if he only plays 8 games that's worth it....hopefully its the last 8 at least lol.

Maybe not but I'm sure we will offer Mack a deal that is so gruesome that the Browns will go running to the hills.

It's obvious our FO knows how to structure a deal so I expect the first seasons cap number to be like $13million with the second year being like $6million and so forth.

I would have absolutely no problem with that.

Some of the vets could restructure deals before the season to get more cap space

Great move but the sad thing is one of either Whalen, Rogers, or Brazill is going to have to go now.... :(

Brazill seems the logical choice given his prior substance abuse and that Whalen has came on a bit but who knows

$3.5M with incentives for more.

Wow...cheaper than I expected. Keeps alive hope for Mack. If true he signed with the Colts for a mil less than the Panthers were supposed to be offering. He must have really wanted to play with Indy. Here's to good health and to Nicks making his statement to the rest of the league this season.