Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts agree to one year deal with Hakeem Nicks (merge)

lennymoore24

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed the Colts tweeted picture of Nicks in the building.  They NEVER do that unless they sign a player.

Please not that lennymoore24 has now been identified as Brad Wells......the long running mystery is solved!  :banana:

Brad Wells (BBS) ‏@StampedeBlue  3m
Fear not, Colts fans! The @colts twitter account just posted a picture of Hakeem Nicks in the team building. This means he's going to sign.

How much do we have in cap space as of right now? I heard that Vontae's deal didn't hurt us too much in cap.

20 million.

If the Colts sign Nicks, does it mean that Grigs does not have faith in the guys he drafted or he doesn't have faith in the coaching staff to develop the guys he drafted?

Nope. Reggie is going to be gone, and Nicks is a #1 when healthy.

If the Colts sign Nicks, does it mean that Grigs does not have faith in the guys he drafted or he doesn't have faith in the coaching staff to develop the guys he drafted?

It just means Grigs is hoping the third time is the charm with his 1 yr. contracts if he signs another 1 yr. contract like with Avery and DHB. :)

I am a skeptic on Hakeem Nicks' health, this franchise has had more luck drafting and developing their #1 wideouts across GMs (Marvin and Reggie drafted by different GMs).

Besides, in a west coast offense, the wideouts are moved around enough that I am not sure we need to clamor for a #1 wideout.

Deep Purple, good band. 

This isn't going to be a big deal one way or another. You have to factor in the whole season health wise, and if I'm gonna respect those who say "Costa was a depth signing", I'm going to say that about this move. 

Thinking back to last season, i think every visit that included a picture ended in a signing, unless i'm forgetting one.

Also, if he flew to Indy yesterday, i find it hard to believe he is just now getting to the building at almost 5pm. More likely he has been there all day and a deal is all but done.  I would agree it is likely that he will be signed.

No, it just means that he thinks Nicks is a more proven player that can contribute better than Rogers, Whalen, or Brazzil.

Thinking back to last season, i think every visit that included a picture ended in a signing, unless i'm forgetting one.

Also, if he flew to Indy yesterday, i find it hard to believe he is just now getting to the building at almost 5pm. More likely he has been there all day and a deal is all but done.  I would agree it is likely that he will be signed.

Take this as you will, but the fact they put the "@colts" in every pic they tweet, from "in the building" to "making it official" has to mean they are not "live" pics. Plus why would they tweet their excitement over someone just being in the building? Negotiations could go south and we would look foolish if he walked out. Unless they are like "Look at all these people that want you aboard!" to help us convince him...

It could be a one year deal, or a multiyear deal. Both of them have consequences as well as benefits. If Nicks lights it up in his one year deal, he's going to be expensive the next. If he doesn't do well, cut him. As for the multiyear deal, the only way it could benefit us if it started low and went high. Maybe 3 million one year, then 5 the next, etc. This way, if he's injured, he's cut. If he remains healthy, he's locked up with us, and gets more and more money every year(as an incentive, and because you don't want him walking away if he has a really good season).

Knock on wood.

Please not that lennymoore24 has now been identified as Brad Wells......the long running mystery is solved!  :banana:

Brad Wells (BBS) ‏@StampedeBlue  3m
Fear not, Colts fans! The @colts twitter account just posted a picture of Hakeem Nicks in the team building. This means he's going to sign.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I am not Brad Wells.  I actually rip him all the time if you look at my posts. I just said earlier today his husband attacks you if you say something wrong.  I don't know someone would say that about themselves.

Do you know something that no one else knows  :???: :dunno:

I don't. Sorry if I made it sound like he's gone in the 2014 season. I'm just saying that Reggie will be gone(most likely after 2014) and Nicks could step up in his place as #1 receiver(assuming we lock him up).

I'm thinking he means that Reggie is nearing the end of the line and is coming off an ACL tear...if Nicks can stay healthy and produce, he could take over as #1

I would assume that if he could stay healthy and produce the Giants would have kept him. ;)