Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts agree to one year deal with Hakeem Nicks (merge)

lennymoore24

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume that if he could stay healthy and produce the Giants would have kept him. ;)

They already have Victor Cruz(who I'm pretty sure is coming off an injury and has big money). According to Giants fans, he was gone from the start of the season, and he had some falling out with the FO.

Grigson seems to love guys with injury problems.

Low risk, high reward if the player bounces back.

I think A Pete is the exception (no one has a year like that one after ACL surgery!), but

if you get a player that wants to prove he's healed this is not a bad way to do it.

The key is not to overpay.

I think A Pete is the exception (no one has a year like that one after ACL surgery!), but

if you get a player that wants to prove he's healed this is not a bad way to do it.

A one year deal would be the cheapest, but I wouldn't mind a multiyear deal, if it's structured correctly.

I wouldn't say the risk is low.....see Toler, Thomas and Landry

No, it just means that he thinks Nicks is a more proven player that can contribute better than Rogers, Whalen, or Brazzil.

Well, think about that for a second.  The only way to become a "proven" player is you know, to play.  He (Grigson) has two proven 1000 yard receivers on the team so there is a chance there for other guys to get playing time to become "proven" in a very good situation.  Adding Nicks would mean he doesn't not believe the players he has picked are capable of that or that the coaches he has picked are capable of developing them.  I just wonder which it is.

Eh, he turned down a 4.5 million contract. Either he wants more money, or wants to play somewhere else.

If he was a lock for Carolina why did he turn down a contract and head to Indianapolis

Umm, just a guess but he had the trip scheduled and wanted to see if he could get more money.  If not, then he'll call his agent and tell him to except the deal with Carolina.

Another way to think about this deal: Put the money on passing with Nicks or improving running with a much better O-Line starting with Mack.

So what will it be, Chuck, Pep & Grigson? On, or another, or both? :bossy:

There aren't many good O-Line free agents.

Grigson seems to love guys with injury problems.

Agreed. It's as if he disregards durability all together when grading a player. If you're going to bring on all these fragile players, you had better damn well have an A1 training staff that can get these guys better conditioned. We've had more injury issues than i'd consider normal even before he started bringing these types in. Sheesh  

Thinking back to last season, i think every visit that included a picture ended in a signing, unless i'm forgetting one.

Also, if he flew to Indy yesterday, i find it hard to believe he is just now getting to the building at almost 5pm. More likely he has been there all day and a deal is all but done.  I would agree it is likely that he will be signed.

Thinking back to last season, i think every visit ended in a signing lol

Well, think about that for a second.  The only way to become a "proven" player is you know, to play.  He (Grigson) has two proven 1000 yard receivers on the team so there is a chance there for other guys to get playing time to become "proven" in a very good situation.  Adding Nicks would mean he doesn't not believe the players he has picked are capable of that or that the coaches he has picked are capable of developing them.  I just wonder which it is.

No it doesn't. It means that Reggie is getting older and coming off an injury. It means that while Brazill, Whalen and Rodgers did show some potential last year, none of them showed that we would be fine if Reggie or T.Y. went down this year. It means that Hakeem Nicks along with T.Y. will stabilize the WR position for years to come.

Even with Nicks around, Brazil, Whalen and Rogers will have their chances. I predict Rogers will emerge and look forward to a Nicks/Hilton/Rogers future.

One of those 1000 yd receivers is 34 and coming off major knee surgery.

No it doesn't. It means that Reggie is getting older and coming off an injury. It means that while Brazill, Whalen and Rodgers did show some potential last year, none of them showed that we would be fine if Reggie or T.Y. went down this year. It means that Hakeem Nicks along with T.Y. will stabilize the WR position for years to come.

Even with Nicks around, Brazil, Whalen and Rogers will have their chances. I predict Rogers will emerge and look forward to a Nicks/Hilton/Rogers future.

So, if none of them showed they would be fine if Reggie went down or doesn't return to form, then he must not have faith that they can develop or or does not have faith the coaches can develop them.