• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from a Cowboys forum:

"Costa season can be divided into three parts

early – terrible

middle – with Holland, average, he actually had three noteworthy GOOD games

end – without Holland, average, last four games were as close to average as you can get: 0.1, 0.7, 0.2, -0.3

Too many folks only remember his early games, including a memorably bad game against NE that alone moved him down six ranks with a score of -6.1

He steadily improved and the team appreciated his work ethic. Yet he was a cap casualty."

Not a horrible analysis, hopefully he's a decent backup.

Per Mike Chappell: GM Ryan Grigson on C Phil Costa: "Phil is a young, hard-nosed and physical center who has shown he can play at a winning level in our league. He will provide strong competition at the center position.”

Yep...thats what our O Line needs "competition"

Grigson: "He will provide strong competition at the center position".

Competition, people. He is NOT being signed as a starter. He will compete with Holmes. Let's see who comes out on top.

It's hilarious watching these overreactions.

Omgz he is aaaaawful, what is Grigson thinking etc etc. Do you expect Grigson to sign every major FA? We have plenty of holes and guys to re-sign in the future. Grigson is doing the right thing.

This is part of the the email I received.  Not a fan of this signing as most know.  He is a center...last seen as the 6th worst rated.  As bad as Satele had been, I always say "Be careful what you with for."

Grigson:  “Phil is a young, hard-nosed and physical center who has shown he can play at a winning level in our league,” said General Manager Ryan Grigson. “He will provide strong competition at the center position.”(From Colts blog..breaking news)

Competition is good....a good center would have  been better.  Welcome to Indy Phil...I hope you did not Costa lotta money.

0.jpg

Well...I don't like to classify anyone before playing a single snap....but I guess we could resign Satele...just the same. He hasn't seen much action.

My take on it:

• He's for depth
  • He's here to tutor Holmes
  • He's 'Plan B', b/c we couldn't sign Mack, and we have room to ink Nicks or more likely a S.
  • Mack would have been too expansive, and still Browns could match that offer...so they didn't take the risk.
  • Grigs was afraid of our O-line being far too good.
Edited by HungarianColtsFan

Via Rotoworld

Costa, 27 in July, appeared to be an ascending player in Dallas before falling out of the coaching staff's favor in 2013 as the Cowboys used a first-round pick on Travis Frederick. We wouldn't rule out Costa starting at center for the Colts, or at least giving Khaled Holmes a serious run for his money.

Grigson: "He will provide strong competition at the center position.”

Competition, people. He is being signed as a starter. He will compete with Holmes. Let's see who comes out on top.

Our line doesn't need competition, it needs good NFL players, not scrubs like Costa and Holmes. 

My guess, and it's only a guess.

Costa is depth for right now.

That the Colts will still try for Mack.      And if we get him,  Costa goes to back-up along with Holmes who can also back-up guard.

If we don't get Mack,  then it's Costa and Holmes and lots and lots and lots of praying..........

That the Colts will still try for Wood.      And if we get him,  Costa goes to back-up along with Holmes who can also back-up guard.

If we don't get Wood,  then it's Costa and Holmes and lots and lots and lots of praying..........

wood?

That the Colts will still try for Wood.      And if we get him,  Costa goes to back-up along with Holmes who can also back-up guard.

If we don't get Wood,  then it's Costa and Holmes and lots and lots and lots of praying..........

dear god please...