Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Official *Colts vs. Jaguars* Thread

bap1331

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah trap game blah blah blah.....

If Hasselbeck isn't under centre in the 4th quarter I will be disappointed.

Prepare to be disappointed.  I don't think this game will be the blowout that it should be.  Colt's don't really blow teams out.  Victory against the 49er's was probably the largest margin of victory in a while. 

Just checked this.  It's the largest margin of victory for the Colts since Week 2 (Sept. 19) of the 2010 season in a game against the New York Giants which the Colts won 38 to 14.  

Hopefully I'm wrong about this but the Jags always seem to find a way to play us close, and I would expect that to be true again.

Prepare to be disappointed.  I don't think this game will be the blowout that it should be.  Colt's don't really blow teams out.  Victory against the 49er's was probably the largest margin of victory in a while. 

Just checked this.  It's the largest margin of victory for the Colts since Week 2 (Sept. 19) of the 2010 season in a game against the New York Giants which the Colts won 38 to 14.  

Ya don't get too cocky because you remember what 49er fans kept saying last week that the colts would get destroyed but they got too cocky and the colts destroyed them.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm hoping for a pick 6 by Vontae or Butler for this game but I know they are going to run the back 3/4's of the time.

I say Luck gets a pick six while he's filling in for Landry at safety.  And 3 rushing TDs.  BOOK IT.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this but the Jags always seem to find a way to play us close, and I would expect that to be true again.

Trent / Bradshaw can run through this team with decent blocking, , so can Luck

We will take it to them , Fly Colts & Fly  High

Howell definitely fits in our defense well. 

I wouldn't seeing him, Bethea, and Landry on the field at the same time in 3 safety sets.

I agree, If Landry can stay healthy i want to see more of Howell on the field still. I would like to see him backing up not only the S position but playing some of Vaughns role as the #4 cb also.

I think both teams will play hard, there will be some offense and some defense. Points will be scored, and one team will come away happy while the other is sad.........like a saaaaaaad panda.

Is it Sunday? Starting the game day thread this early is like laying out your first day of school clothes 5 days ahead of time. Eventually you either mess them up or wrinkle them.

The Jaguars always give Indy a fight, but Blaine Gabbert is literally on par with Curtis Painter. Colts by 10 isn't hard to envision.

I havent looked into what the Jaguars are or are not doing this season. But just based off of what I have seen from the Colts, I expect a beatdown this Sunday.

If we can toss the 49ers by 20, I expect that and some for the Jaguars.

Trent / Bradshaw can run through this team with decent blocking, , so can Luck

We will take it to them , Fly Colts & Fly  High

Well I hope you are right, but with our record last year we should have destroyed them at home and lost.  The game we won at Jacksonville, we won by 17 points.  A good margin of victory yes. . . but certainly not a blowout that warrants sending in the backup QB for mop up duty.

And wasn't MJD out of that 2nd game?   

This has the potential to be a trap game. 

All depends on how the coaches prepare the team.

We looked like sharp today because of the preparation. 

Why would it be a trap?  I would place more emphasis preparing for any divisional game (actually they should all be same best effort, but...) than a game vs. a good team in the other conference. Why?

Goal- make playoffs

How- win Division

Method- first beat all division rivals head to head

Achievement- win enough other games to equal or better the win total of any other of your division rivals.

You're in.

Jags game very important. And the other division teams know it as well. This, and the fact that you play them 2 times every year (knowledge) makes divisional games quite tough despite appearances. I feel we have had problem with the Jaguars at home, and normally winn( sometimes handily) in Everbank field in Duval.  Hopefully we take all 6 division games, but Jags, Titans, and Texans will all put up fights.  None of these are trap games.  Can't be.

Emotional letdown? possible. But we won't be looking past Jags to another non-conference game.

I can't stand jones drew either. He always has field day against us. They say its because he is mad polian drafted addai over him. Hopefully we shut him down this time.

A powerful running game will end the MJD misery. Lots of running kills the clock and forces the team to a passing game, which the Jaguars most likely don't have...

Yep, honestly the jags just gave Indy fits because their run game ate up too many possessions for a high flyimg offense to keep its rhythm. This Colts team is actually the polar opposite of previous ones in that regard, and a stronger defense with a weaker MJD, and a tremendously strong colts run game, will likely be matchup hell for Jax.