Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Official *Colts vs. Jaguars* Thread

bap1331

So here is the plan!

MJD is probably one of the better runningbacks in the league and hard to stop. Today was his first game so he was alittle rusty, so he will be back in a lot better health and more prepared. We just need to figure out how to shut him down and I guess the only way is to contain him with no blitzing or he will find an open field.

And then again the offensive strategy is to tire the defense out like we did with the 49ers and we should be fine. Any other suggestions?

Please don't be all arrogant because we beat the 49ers today, its time to move on and go by a game to game basis. Thanks!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never say never in the NFL...the Jags have played us tough seemingly every year. If we come to play it should be a stomping. But they always seem to have our number at least once a season. The Colts have to build on today and not let up

rite don't not underestimate any team...like last year when the colts beat the packers..the next week they got blown out by the jets...

Their best player I'd argue isn't even MJD... It's kicker Josh "Scooby Doo" Scobee, aka Bane. This guy is a beast. We already know the details, but as a reminder:

In 2008, during a game against us, Scobee hit a 51-yd'er to win it.

In 2010, Scobee made a 59-yard game-winning field goal on the final play of the game to beat us 31-28, breaking his previous record of 53 yards. It set a new franchise record.

In 2011, Josh Scobee kicked four field goals to lead Jacksonville to a 12-7 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. Three of Scobee's field goals were over 50+ yards, including two field goals of 54 yards each. Scobee's three 50+ yard field goals tied an NFL record for most 50+ yard field goals in a single game.

What's really scary is everytime he scores, his kicks have plenty of distance. This guy could kick them from 65+ and still probably make it.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This has the potential to be a trap game. 

All depends on how the coaches prepare the team.

We looked like sharp today because of the preparation. 

It won't be a trap game for Landry...he will be begging to hit someone.

I totally agree with this being a trap game...

But, coaches don't get players motivated.     Players make it happen.    This team is young, they responded VERY well to the Miami loss...      It will be VERY interesting to see how they respond to a BIG WIN.

Jax ALWAYS plays INDY tough.   And with Seattle looming?   I hope Indy's leaders really don't let this young team bask in the glow for too very long.

This has the potential to be a trap game. 

All depends on how the coaches prepare the team.

We looked like sharp today because of the preparation. 

I totally agree with this being a trap game...

But, coaches don't get players motivated.     Players make it happen.    This team is young, they responded VERY well to the Miami loss...      It will be VERY interesting to see how they respond to a BIG WIN.

Jax ALWAYS plays INDY tough.   And with Seattle looming?   I hope Indy's leaders really don't let this young team bask in the glow for too very long.

I think Vince Lombardi would disagree with you on that statement.

Guest TeamLoloJones

As long as Landry is healthy, I can definitely see him hitting someone.

And with Howell playing well for him, we have some insurance behind Landry.

Howell looked like he has serious potential.

If Vontae plays well we should have the passing game shut down.

MJD will run wild as always. Force turnovers (again Vontae, as they'll look to CS3 when under pressure) and try to contain MJD if we can. With no running threat at QB let the OLBs pin their ears back most of the time.

On offense just do what we've been doing. Be efficient, limit turnovers.

We tend to play them better in Jax then in Indy I always felt.......

ya, well we didn't have a running game back then. So MJD had all the time to run all over us.

The difference now is that our running game is now good enough to suck up the clock and they wont have all the time in the world to run over us because then they wont score...lol

Considering the team has moved on from the last opponent and is focused on the upcoming one, I speckon I oughta do the same.

We should roll these clowns in short order. But...we shoulda done the same to the Raiders too.

Hopefully Luck stays ticked off....Richardson has a great week of preparation...and this turns into a glorified scrimmage where we can work on everything Pep Hamilton wants to.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Just to throw this stat out there:  Luck at Stanford over 3 years: 957 rush yards 7 Tds...Luck in NFL over 1 year and 3 games: 355 rush yards 7 Tds