Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will be the starting center next yr?

GoodLuck

I think the vast majority here think it should be Shipley.   Count me among them.

BUT....

From the outside looking in, it appears the coaching staff thinks it should be Satele.    Don't know if that will change this off-season....

But, it's certainly worth watching.    Guess the first clue will be do we re-sign Shipley?

I cringe when satele is on the field. He just wasn't good last year, looked lost and not strong enough. Shipley rated in the top 10 for centers when he play. It has to be shipley. But I do want a bobble head satele.....lol

In Satele's defense (I cannot believe I typed that) he couldn't stay healthy so he probably wasn't hitting the weight room religiously, or I could just be making up excuses for him. :D I would hope Shipley starts over Satelle though.

What do you think of Shipley playing guard, possibly opposite of Vasquez? 

I like the guy as a center. But has anyone watched him try to run, or even walk back to the huddle? He may have his own handicap parking spot at Lucas Oil.

Not exactly mobile guard material IMO.

It's not like Satele is making 8m a year

No but he is making close to 4 million this year and 5 million guaranteed, while making 10 million 800,000 over a three year stretch, He if it was me either Shipley would be starting or I'd draft Barrett Jones

satele to me doesn't have the punch and drive to anchor a power man scheme what do u think?

He dont but he can get to the second level with relative ease and is always looking for someone to hit, Whats more concerning to me is not that hand punch because he gets caught leaning forward off the snap of the ball, like he is late out of his stance or something and that makes him an easy target for an opposing NT to just throw him out of the way or smaller DT's to use a swim move and blow right by him

IMO Satele wasn't bad, so he will fill his contract. Shipley is good, but has some flaws, he has to work on his snaps.

Considering that Satele couldn'tstay healthy, I think Shiply will be resigned as G and backup C (just like lst season), in that way he can gather experience (when replacing Satele) to become a good C.

Just my 2 cents...injuries FA, draft can easily overwrite any expectations.

P.S. If I can recall last season, protection of Luck was a little better when those 2 both were on the turf.

He had a knee injury

people really tend to just over look the fact he payed hurt just about all of last year. I am not saying Satele would have been a great center last year but I am willing to admit that injury probably had a bigger impact on his performance than most care to admit. I am interested to see what he can do fully healthy. If he doesn't preform then we can go to Shipley.

I don't think Satele is terrible. However, I think Shipley was better, especially with Satele's head bob... Wasn't there a thread about his head bob earlier on in the season? hahaha I hope it was a tactic to throw off the D instead of him slipping up.

Do you ever watch other teams play? And if you do, do you pay attention to their center's? The head bob thing was complete and total nonsense made up from people trying anything they can to come up with another reason to hate Satele. Virtually every center in the league does the same thing before snapping the ball, especially out of the shotgun formation. The whole head bob thing was blown way out of proportion by those that really have no idea what they are talking about.

Do you ever watch other teams play? And if you do, do you pay attention to their center's? The head bob thing was complete and total nonsense made up from people trying anything they can to come up with another reason to hate Satele. Virtually every center in the league does the same thing before snapping the ball, especially out of the shotgun formation. The whole head bob thing was blown way out of proportion by those that really have no idea what they are talking about.

If you want the honest truth. No I don't pay attention to alot of other centers. However maybe I just noticed it more because of all his poofy hair. haha it was something I noticed not me saying he was a mediocre center. Easy there tiger

If you want the honest truth. No I don't pay attention to alot of other centers. However maybe I just noticed it more because of all his poofy hair. haha it was something I noticed not me saying he was a mediocre center. Easy there tiger

I'm just trying to dispel the myth that his head bob was tipping the snap count. Some here blew it way out of proportion and acted as he was the reason why the entire line sucked. It annoyed me because it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Satele didn't play well last yr., there's really no disputing that, but the notion that his head bob was the reason for his poor play was just sillyness. I don't think Satele is as bad as some made him out to be, I do think he needs to get stronger and if we can get better talent at both guard spots, I think he can be a good center. I'm willing to give the guy a chance to prove himself next season if we do get that better talent. Then If he still plays badly, then he should be pulled in favor of Shipley.