Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how do we loose to the scrub jags

hambone35

Seriously how did we let the jags back in this regardless of mjd when are the regular officials coming back Avery was clearly pass interference toward the end of the game the vine missed from 36 cmon man then almost missed again then we gave up that 80yd pass play at the end what's going on??

Well about the Refs they met all day and according to the pregame show tonight their not even close so we may as well just suck it up because they are what we will be seeing for sometime. We aren't the only team with these refs so it is what it is.

On espn radio I heard that even if, and its a HUGE IF, they got a deal done tomorrow we wouldn't see the regular officials till week 5 at the earliest.

Not looking great, and for the sake of the NFL they better hope they have the regular officials for the playoffs.

Like last week, the Colts get a substantial lead and the Colts once again go Conservative which I call "prevent win" instead of a couple scoring drives to put it away, they "Jags" are letting Luck run and they went away from that and let Brown try to run it up the middle where he's weakest when Brown is only good for pass plays out of the back field, play to their strengths that the Jags were giving and that will open up down field, if certain plays work over and over keep it up and once they try to switch there defense to cover those plays switch it to others. Colts need a HUGE receiver tall and physical with #1 pick next year!!!!!

Those Refs suck!!!!! I don't mind a call against the Colts if they did the penalty, but to not call everything league wide is F-ed up. Luck slides get hit no call, Avery gets hit going for the ball and also in the head and no call, give the extra money & get the right refs who are up to speed of the game, getting ridicules!!!!!

Should have been a win!!!!!

Seriously how did we let the jags back in this regardless of mjd when are the regular officials coming back Avery was clearly pass interference toward the end of the game the vine missed from 36 cmon man then almost missed again then we gave up that 80yd pass play at the end what's going on??

want an honest answer??? how about 177 yards on the ground by MJD alone? or the fact just as last week happened, our defense fell apart in the second half and the offense failed to really move the ball until the last minute an a half in which we left to much time on the clock for Jacksonville to use. just bad execution all around. and ironically satele goes out before halftime with an injury and that just so happens to be when the offense fallas apart, JUST LIKE LAST WEEK! so i would say its because the colts are not executing.

and to name a couple other things, Penalties, bad passes, dropped passes, missed FG's, bad secondary (even though we supposedly upgraded by trading our 2nd round pick for a guy who had two pass interference calls on him today.

didnt really think these games would be an easy win did you? its a rebuilding process your going to struggle even against the teams any other team would blow out. and honestly Gabbert didnt look to bad out there. sure has improved from last season.

To be fair there were a ton of upsets this week. San Francisco lost to Minnesota, Philly lost to Arizona, Pittsburgh lost to Oakland... So believe me, a lot of fans are bummed out having lost to other teams that could be deemed scrubs.

I wouldnt necessarily call that an upset especially since just last week they beat New England @ New England and in week 1 beat a seattle team who " was suppose to challenge the niners for the division " this year. Arizona has a really good defense and it looks like Kolb is finally coming around and playing better. The Cardinals are a team tha could sneak by the 49ers and win the division.

I wouldnt necessarily call that an upset especially since just last week they beat New England @ New England and in week 1 beat a seattle team who " was suppose to challenge the niners for the division " this year. Arizona has a really good defense and it looks like Kolb is finally coming around and playing better. The Cardinals are a team tha could sneak by the 49ers and win the division.

I think Arizona is a lot better than people thought they were.

want an honest answer??? how about 177 yards on the ground by MJD alone? or the fact just as last week happened, our defense fell apart in the second half and the offense failed to really move the ball until the last minute an a half in which we left to much time on the clock for Jacksonville to use. just bad execution all around. and ironically satele goes out before halftime with an injury and that just so happens to be when the offense fallas apart, JUST LIKE LAST WEEK! so i would say its because the colts are not executing.

and to name a couple other things, Penalties, bad passes, dropped passes, missed FG's, bad secondary (even though we supposedly upgraded by trading our 2nd round pick for a guy who had two pass interference calls on him today.

didnt really think these games would be an easy win did you? its a rebuilding process your going to struggle even against the teams any other team would blow out. and honestly Gabbert didnt look to bad out there. sure has improved from last season.

4-5 more games like this and Freeman might not make the Pro-Bowl!

even worse on PFT I see their own fans saying we got screwed by the refs, then arguing about it.. telling each other to stop hating, and the one Jags fan who said we got screwed then said:

"jagsfan904 says:

Sep 23, 2012 5:25 PM

The refs were horrible this game. Still If your a Gabbert hater or not he comes up clutch when we need him most."

Oh brother... it never fails, only the Colts.. lol.. Gabbert is sooo bad

sigh it's come to this for years it was the Steelers we couldn't beat then it became the Pats, and then the Chargers and now the Jags???? "sigh" Oh well at least the Texans still can't beat us in Indy! (just having some fun Texans fans don't worry I fully expect that streak to end this year).

I don't. That last game of the year is ours. It doesn't hurt that the Texans also might rest starters.

even worse on PFT I see their own fans saying we got screwed by the refs, then arguing about it.. telling each other to stop hating, and the one Jags fan who said we got screwed then said:

"jagsfan904 says:

Sep 23, 2012 5:25 PM

The refs were horrible this game. Still If your a Gabbert hater or not he comes up clutch when we need him most."

Oh brother... it never fails, only the Colts.. lol.. Gabbert is sooo bad

Embarrassing. You are right, only us could make comments like that happen. :facepalm:

We were 2-14 last year and the worst team in the league we have no room to be calling anyone else a scrub...

To answer your question of how do we lose to them? We didn't make enough plays and lost the turnover battle and had more penalties than the Jags. It's hard to win when that happens.

Thank you. It is really this simple. If you make more plays yourself, don't give up big plays and limit mistakes like turnovers & penalties, you stand a good chance to win. If you don't do those things, losing is likely.

Here's how we lost to J'Ville....

-- We gave up nearly 180 yards to MJD.

-- We suffered more than 100 yards in penalties.

-- Our running game wasn't good enough.

-- Our passing game wasn't good enough.

-- We missed a critical make-able field goal.

-- Played horrible defense on the last drive.

Do all that and you will almost always lose. Doesn't matter if we're better.

And, something to consider.....

The Jags might not be as bad as most everyone thinks they are....

It's possible....

Like people have said... 60 yard TD run and an 80 yard TD pass at crucial moments. Both times the Jags took advantage of areas we were leaving open on the field. I don't blame anyone but coaching on those 2 errors.

agreed, OC and DC are able to see patterns and coverages from above. nothing zipped up at all.

On that note how did we lose to them in past games too?

;)

it's really pretty simple to me. The Jags have always used the same blueprint to beat the Colts, run MJD to death until our undersized Dline wears out , keep the game close, and then control the clock for a winning FG attempt or TD. It made a lot of the Manning era games closer than they should have been but PM was so good it ultimately always failed usually.

it's really pretty simple to me. The Jags have always used the same blueprint to beat the Colts, run MJD to death until our undersized Dline wears out , keep the game close, and then control the clock for a winning FG attempt or TD. It made a lot of the Manning era games closer than they should have been but PM was so good it ultimately always failed usually.

You know for years I've joked why would teams bother throwing on the Colts. The Jags are the one team that seems to have taken that to heart and you can see by the results it's not exactly a bad game plan when playing the Colts.