Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Matt Slauson

TKnight24

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not great, but he should be serviceable enough as a gap OG/6th OL this year.

I'd still like the Colts to take a look at Cameron Fleming at RT and spend a high pick on a OG. 

AC - Slauson - Kelly - Pick - Fleming isn't a bad line, it's not great, but it's much better than years past. 

They couldn't land the other guards. But I reckon Slauson will be a solid short term solution. If we can draft a couple guards (Nelson, Hernandez, Price, Wynn) the oline should look better now and in the future. 

AC - Nelson - Kelly - Hernandez/Price/Wynn - Clark/Good/Haeg

1 minute ago, austriancolt said:

Colts signing and overpaying for average players. Not adding quality only mediocrity, but some people will still celebrate this deal as "a bargain deal", "rough diamond" and yet Ballard still try to fix the Offensive Line the same way Grigson did and failed.

Who has Ballard overpaid for this offseason?

27 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Colts signing and overpaying for average players. Not adding quality only mediocrity, but some people will still celebrate this deal as "a bargain deal", "rough diamond" and yet Ballard still try to fix the Offensive Line the same way Grigson did and failed.

How big is the contract slausen signed?

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I love all the posters who say...

"this player is no good" or "this player is great"...

When they probably have never even watched the guy play football.

He's not a huge name so some people automatically thinks he sucks unfortunately lmao. I know who he is and I bet he starts at OG on our Line.

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Interesting. Not really a CB move, but here's hoping he still has something left in the tank. If we resign mewhort now, that all but takes nelson off the table

You think they'd take Nelson off the board because of a 32 yr old OG and another that has congenital knee issues? Really?? 

I like the signing as everyone who read my post about him in an earlier thread would know. He is a good veteran that can help with our young OL. Now if we can bring back Mewhort on a "prove you can stay healthy" deal I think we'd be set up good on the OL for the draft.

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

You think they'd take Nelson off the board because of a 32 yr old OG and another that has congenital knee issues? Really?? 

Maybe Ballard is working on a second trade down with the Bills that has been talked about. That would put Nelson out of the picture and make this signing important. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's not a huge name so some people automatically thinks he sucks unfortunately lmao. I know who he is and I bet he starts at OG on our Line.

I have heard of him and I'm from Wales played pretty well when he was at the bears think he played guard.Roberto Gaza was center experienced  vet player not a long term solution but we need o linemen like the signing

18 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I love all the posters who say...

"this player is no good" or "this player is great"...

When they probably have never even watched the guy play football.

"How good can he be if I've never heard of him!"