Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting topic

CR91

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mister P said:

I'd take the troubled kid Mayfield. He can be changed.  Colts better plan on taking a QB.  I think Luck has already played his last game.  He's too broken, and too smart to continue.  He has all the money he needs.  Sorry, Indy.

I cant tell if your "trolling" or being serious.

3 minutes ago, Mister P said:

I'd take the troubled kid Mayfield. He can be changed.  Colts better plan on taking a QB.  I think Luck has already played his last game.  He's too broken, and too smart to continue.  He has all the money he needs.  Sorry, Indy.

tyrone-meme-generator-huh-say-what-f6252

18 minutes ago, Mister P said:

Lol. If that's the case why didn't Luck retire already? And why is he continuing to bust his butt rehabbing and throwing? Just to fleece the Colts out of another year's salary? C'mon man. And on top of that you plan to build around Johnny Manziel 2.0?

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Lol. If that's the case why didn't Luck retire already? And why is he continuing to bust his but rehabbing and throwing? Just to fleece the Colts out of another year's salary? C'mon man. And on top of that you plan to build around Johnny Manziel 2.0?

Are you high like 

27 minutes ago, Mister P said:

sir, you are NOT supposed to drink the bong water.

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So a friend and I were discussing if the colts got the first pick, would they draft Sam Darnold and trade luck or do they trade back with a qb hungry team like the 49ers or jets and get bounty of draft picks. Thoughts?

trade back and get a bounty

5 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

The only thing that raises an eyebrow about all of this Luck chatter going to other teams

is that he hasn't publicly denounced any of it. I'm not totally sure where there is smoke

there isn't fire at this point.

He can't go anywhere unless Irsay wants him too.  He's under contract until 2021, and then 2 franchise tags are available after that.  He can sit out or retire but it'll do him little good.  I dont see him pulling an Elway by any means.  and i dont see any team being able to trade anything to the value of Luck or the cap penalty we'd incurr to trade him.

1 hour ago, Mister P said:

So, a lacerated kidney & torn labrum is broken to you? That's just crazy. You essentially want to start over at the QB position? Luck did get us to the Deflate Game not that long ago correct? 

1 hour ago, Mister P said:

I'm being serous.  I;m too old to troll.

Sir, are you okay? We all have brain farts or delusions of grandeur ever now & then even me. I'll just chalk it up to you're having a bad day. You can't possibly believe discarding Chewbacca will improve INDY's regular season fortunes. Come on now. I didn't just fall off a turnip truck. More like a Twinkies truck if I'm being honest. :P 

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

The only thing that raises an eyebrow about all of this Luck chatter going to other teams

is that he hasn't publicly denounced any of it. I'm not totally sure where there is smoke

there isn't fire at this point.

His agent denounced the notion and rumors. Everything has been fan based with no legitiment reporter saying it

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

So, a lacerated kidney & torn labrum is broken to you? That's just crazy. You essentially want to start over at the QB position? Luck did get us to the Deflate Game not that long ago correct? 

Sir, are you okay? We all have brain farts or delusions of grandeur ever now & then even me. I'll just chalk it up to you're having a bad day. You can't possibly believe discarding Chewbacca will improve INDY's regular season fortunes. Come on now. I didn't just fall off a turnip truck. More like a Twinkies truck if I'm being honest. :P 

I applaud you Southwest1. You were respectful & didn't berate this poster for posting his thoughts & opinion. I wish everyone here were as thoughtful.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

He can't go anywhere unless Irsay wants him too.  He's under contract until 2021, and then 2 franchise tags are available after that.  He can sit out or retire but it'll do him little good.  I dont see him pulling an Elway by any means.  and i dont see any team being able to trade anything to the value of Luck or the cap penalty we'd incurr to trade him.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Speaking of out of your mind.

It would be my pleasure to have watched you take all the hits that Lucky has taken and listen to you tell me,

hey, my neck, shoulders, spine, hands, hips, knees, ankles, and feet feel just like they did as a Rookie.

:lol:     Their is considerable risk going forward with his shoulder staying healthy. Lucky's running has been a HUGE part of his winning percentage. Now what? Will he keep holding on to the ball?

OH, he will change his game and be even better!  uh huh

Of course moving him is soooooo unlikely it is just us yakking it up, but Long term, with the right draft position/offer, and a seemingly excellent prospect in the cross hairs, moving him is something I WOULD do my due diligence on.

bla bla bla   bla bla  

Trade Luck? I must be reading an article from the twilight zone. We have had the benefit of having Manning for years and now we have Luck ?  Luck will be here for the Ballard rebuild and we all will benefit from Luck being here. This trade talk has to be the most asinine thing I have read in here for a very long time.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

It would be my pleasure to have watched you take all the hits that Lucky has taken and listen to you tell me,

hey, my neck, shoulders, spine, hands, hips, knees, ankles, and feet feel just like they did as a Rookie.

:lol:     Their is considerable risk going forward with his shoulder staying healthy. Lucky's running has been a HUGE part of his winning percentage. Now what? Will he keep holding on to the ball?

Of course moving him is soooooo unlikely it is just us yakking it up, but Long term, with the right draft position/offer, and a seemingly excellent prospect in the cross hairs, moving him is something I WOULD do my due diligence on.

bla bla bla   bla bla  

Not gonna happen

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

bla bla bla   bla bla  

Let's dissect this response piece by piece shall we. 

Who ever said that Luck is as healthy as his rookie yr in 2012? So, let me get this straight BBZ. You wanna trade away our franchise QB & start over with a new field general simply because surgery might restrict his range of motion moving forward? Did it ever dawn on you that perhaps the reason Luck held onto the ball as long as he does because until this yr our defense has been inadequate to be charitable & the Colts aren't good enough on offense to overcome say more then 1 turnover? Hmmm...

Last but not least, starting quarterbacks know what their job description entails. Have crisp center to QB exchanges with the ball, get the ball in the end zone; disguise your handoff motion to mimic your throwing motion; know when to throw the ball away; & when getting sacked try not to fumble the ball & compromise field position. 

You make it sound like Luck is Blake Bortles for crying out loud like he's a lost cause & beyond repair. Why give up on Andrew so early & easily BBZ? You sound like my father. When things get difficult or adverse, out come the excuses & truce, throw in the towel flag. Patience my friend. All is not lost. 

First, they fire Pagano. 

Second, get a new HC - he'll basically decide what he needs. Probably one of Ballard's hand picks.

Third, since we'll end up having the top three picks, trade the pick and pick up a bundle of draft picks and surround Luck with some playmakers, especially on the defense....Contemplating trading luck and get more draft picks, but since Luck is establish NFL QB it probably won't happen.

If the Colts know that Luck is damaged goods but are not letting on then they should try to trade him for picks.  If they are confident that he will ultimately be fine they should hold on to him and trade their #1 pick to try to acquire more picks and then continue to build the team around him. It is imperative that they add some war daddy type pass rushers to this team either via the draft or free agency.  We need to try to add some proven offensive linemen via free agency to protect 12 or his career here will be shorter than we expect.  We also need to find a bonafide #1 receiver type in the next couple of years because T.Y. Hilton is not that guy.

8 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Lol. If that's the case why didn't Luck retire already? And why is he continuing to bust his butt rehabbing and throwing? Just to fleece the Colts out of another year's salary? C'mon man. And on top of that you plan to build around Johnny Manziel 2.0?

Who is Manzel 2.0 Darnold is not Manzel 2.0 he is a very good QB not better than Luck at this point.But I hope he is smart and stays in school one more year.

The last time I recall Luck in a colts jersey he was running off the field celebrating like a kid. How in one offseason  does it go from that to luck wanting out or trade him or him retiring? He got this surgery to benefit himself and this team in the long run he did not get it so he can sit on the couch and eat potato chips. Luck is a Colt and Irsay will keep him here until he retires or is badly hurt basically same situation as Manning.