Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who should be QB #2 behind Luck?

dew5150

I'm not sure why we don't move on from Morris and bring in someone If not Kap then Ponder Hill Ovlasky anyone that might be able to complete a pass. It's obvious he's fallen out of favor What happened to competition If you don't have a shot at the roster We bring in someone who does?

5 hours ago, Superman said:

Morris wasn't good, he was wildly inaccurate most of the time. He does have a playmaking flair to him, and he came on toward the end of the game, but I wouldn't want him starting based on that performance. 

Morris was far from great but he was better than Tolzein. Of course, almost anybody would've looked better than Tolzein as the bar wasn't exactly high to begin with.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

Morris wasn't good, he was wildly inaccurate most of the time. He does have a playmaking flair to him, and he came on toward the end of the game, but I wouldn't want him starting based on that performance. 

Considering how our O.Line situation is, Tolzien will be a sitting duck back there. Morris can scramble and run better.

23 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Yes! Stop playing politics and try your best to win games. lol.

kap went 1-10 last year

i know the team was bad, but i dont see how he is a good fit with this scheme and roster either 

our record would look about the same with him as it would with out current back ups

why do people think kap is a good fit to read the field and attempt to throw deep to TY?  thats what we do here, and it doesnt fit his skill set

he makes like one read and takes off running if its not there, our down field blocking is really bad too

With the money to sign a vet, and the knowledge that Luck was having shoulder surgery this off-season, it should have been a much higher priority, apparently.  I don't think a backup capable of winning is on the roster.  The answer is Tolzien is the backup, but he is what we've seen.