Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The World Isn't Over [Merge]

King Colt

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, krunk said:

It's funny how people predict the team to lose and when we win they dont have enough character to even celebrate the win. They come right back in here still taking swipes at the team. I ain't saying no names but if that's you then you're pitiful!

I'm not gonna tell someone how they should be fan. Not my place to do that. But I feel some people would rather be right, than have the Indy win.

If as a fan, you want the team to tank, so we could get a good pick, that's fine. But I still want to see my team make an effort to win a game. They did today, and looked pretty good (from what I saw) doing. GG Colts. Keep it going next week.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's funny how people predict the team to lose and when we win they dont have enough character to even celebrate the win. They come right back in here still taking swipes at the team. I ain't saying no names but if that's you then you're pitiful!

Some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy. If you know what I mean. They probably aren't happy people in general. The world is full of them.......

2 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

It's just too many "ifs" and "buts," we'd have to play mistake free. All of these teams are better than us and have much more leeway. 

It is usually about who is hot and healthy when the playoffs start.  If we can continue to correct/minimize our mistakes, the worst football we've seen the Colts play this season should be behind us.

Luck threw for >350 today without his 2nd and 3rd best WRs and without his #1 TE.  These guys should all be coming back soon, and there is no reason to think with just those additions, that we will be a better team than we saw today.

The young guys on our OL have improved every week, and our run game looks to actually be OK the past couple of weeks (something we haven't been able to say for years). 

If we get healthy, keep improving, and continue to minimize our mistakes, there is no reason we can't play with any team in this league.  You're right, pretty much any team needs to play mistake free to win in the playoffs.  There is no reason why anyone who is a Colts' fan should not be rooting for us to get there.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Honestly it wasn't that impressive. Not much to brag about.

Still making stupid plays on O and D. 

We won against a terrible QB who had no touch or throws dumpoffs at 100 mph that usually off or bounce off his guys incomplete.

Kudos to you, but that for me personally is a hollow win that shows me nothing. We probably won't beat many other teams.

O-line looked good, Luck made quicker decisions, Doyle was awesome. TY was TY, Gore did the job he was meant to do, the D-line did ok most of the game.

Missed tackles, Dropped passes, and PI calls (though i think some were obsurd, like the T.J. Green/ Davis one) and McNary's asinine Personal foul on Walker need to be cleaned up.

Over all we did ok.

We were helped a LOT by Mariota's horrible accuracy though.

9 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Win the division, barely win a playoff game...get stomped into the ground by New England in the divisional round and then another "controversy" accusing them "cheating"

It is prophecy, you cannot fail. 

Indy might be wasting Luck's career.

But not as bad as NO is wasting the rest of Drew's.

17 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

We're not going to be making any noise this year.  Even if we win an awful AFC South, we have no shot competing against teams like Pittsburgh and New England.  I don't see the excitement for being back in the thick of things.  Losses are better for the future of this franchise, in my opinion

I 100% agree, and I font care if people on here get mad at us for thinking this. We won't stand a chance at all in the playoffs so there is no reason to win. Yay we get to brag that we won the AFC South division heck yeah!!

Yes a win is a win and i will take that any day, still do not understand the prevent defense in the closing minutes of games, The senseless penalties.  What was the deal on delay of game with 2.25 left colts had the ball does no matter they were taking it to the 2 minute warning 

Just now, krunk said:

Actually I thought those referees were truly terrible! Calling flags on the smallest little things Glad we overcame!

I know. What was the deal with Street's catch and spike? The ball hit the ground and immediately went into the ref's arms. How is that delay of game? I could see if the ball went flying off somewhere.

2 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

It is usually about who is hot and healthy when the playoffs start.  If we can continue to correct/minimize our mistakes, the worst football we've seen the Colts play this season should be behind us.

Luck threw for >350 today without his 2nd and 3rd best WRs and without his #1 TE.  These guys should all be coming back soon, and there is no reason to think with just those additions, that we will be a better team than we saw today.

The young guys on our OL have improved every week, and our run game looks to actually be OK the past couple of weeks (something we haven't been able to say for years). 

If we get healthy, keep improving, and continue to minimize our mistakes, there is no reason we can't play with any team in this league.  You're right, pretty much any team needs to play mistake free to win in the playoffs.  There is no reason why anyone who is a Colts' fan should not be rooting for us to get there.

Our #1 TE was playing. 

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I 100% agree, and I font care if people on here get mad at us for thinking this. We won't stand a chance at all in the playoffs so there is no reason to win. Yay we get to brag that we won the AFC South division heck yeah!!

Go support another team then, we dont want you as a fan of the colts

In a season of "what if's":

If the D could have held the lions at end of game and not give up the FG

If we didnt have a turnover at end of game and beat the Broncos

If vs Jags, we dont call that play 4 and 1, we win.

If VS Texans our D doesnt self implode up 2 scores under 2 mins.

If we won only 1 or 2 of those games we are in first place.

That's all with the horrendous D and OL still finding itself.

If only our D was a little better we would have been undefeated to this point...smoke and mirrors style.

Don't remember a team like this before.  

Until the lb corp is upgraded they won't go far.....with that said the other units still have lots of potential.....the OL is improving the secondary isn't as bad as it's being made to look....Luck is Luck...the D line isn't as bad as it seems.....the ilbs have been killing this team.

21 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Pittsburgh isn't making the Playoffs lol

And we'll probably be playing Landry Jones. I think we fair well against him 

We play them Nov. 24, and there's a decent chance Roethlisberger will be back by then.

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

Although I agree with the part of your statement I bolded, I strongly disagree that losing is better. There are no guarantees that Grigson will make the correct pick if we have a better position in the draft. As it is, first round picks are a 50/50 shot at making an impact. Unless there is a "Suck for Luck" type of scenario, winning is always better.

The ideal is that we lose so many games, Grigson won't even be around to make the next pick.  Higher draft slot and the chances of firing Pagano and Grigson are much higher.

Just now, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Go support another team then, we dont want you as a fan of the colts

Nah I'd rather be a Colts fan for life! Just because that's my opinion and others opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong so you don't like what I have to say then dont comment! haha

For those thinking tanking is the way to go..think on this,...

You start tanking on purpose, you run the very REAL risk of forgetting how to actually play to win.

Yes, you get a decent pick, But seriously, how much good does that do when your team gets USED to loosing? Keep playing hard,..win what you can win, draft who you need, and continue to play tough and stay on top of your game.  That is the formula to win long term,...not tank now..hope for better later.

Plus  tanking for a draft pick is the same as a boxer taking a fall for a big payday.  You want the rest of the NFL and their fans to see YOUR team as such?....REALLY?

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

I know. What was the deal with Street's catch and spike? The ball hit the ground and immediately went into the ref's arms. How is that delay of game? I could see if the ball went flying off somewhere.

Most garbage bunch of refs I've seen in a long time.

6 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

This forum is the definition of bi-polar. Highest high after a win, and lowest low after a loss.

This team still looks like garbage on defense and there isn't any sugar coating that.

Some fans are even still low after a win. Go figure...

22 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I'm not gonna tell someone how they should be fan. Not my place to do that. But I feel some people would rather be right, than have the Indy win.

If as a fan, you want the team to tank, so we could get a good pick, that's fine. But I still want to see my team make an effort to win a game. They did today, and looked pretty good (from what I saw) doing. GG Colts. Keep it going next week.

I certainly don't watch the Colts and hope they lose but I also don't find myself that excited with wins either. There are still too many issues with the Colts to get me excited about them this season. It's like if someone makes $40K a year and receives a $1,000 bonus but has $100K+ in Student Loans/Credit Card debt. The bonus is nice but it isn't a solution to the huge problem...it just makes the person overlook the issues in the short term.

I think that, at times, the excitement with getting a higher draft pick can be overrated for NFL teams. High picks in the NFL draft is not nearly as important as having high picks in say the NBA draft.

The positive outcome that I can see with losing is that it prompts Irsay to make some needed changes. I really don't have confidence that, even with the right talent and a healthy roster, that Chuck is the head coach you want for the best chance at winning the Superbowl.

1 minute ago, Lawrence Owen said:

For those thinking tanking is the way to go..think on this,...

You start tanking on purpose, you run the very REAL risk of forgetting how to actually play to win.

Yes, you get a decent pick, But seriously, how much good does that do when your team gets USED to loosing? Keep playing hard,..win what you can win, draft who you need, and continue to play tough and stay on top of your game.  That is the formula to win long term,...not tank now..hope for better later.

I'm not usually for tanking but when we are this bad, I want that good pick.  Honestly all we need next draft is 2-4 good defense of draft picks and some key free agent pick ups and we are set to go. Its not like we all want to tank every year when we lose. Just this year because of our bad our d is and how much better we could get with a much better draft position!

We REALLY need a "negative nancies" thread for all these glass-empty doom and gloom types.

some things never change around here.  Not even when we pull out a gutsy win with all the injuries.  We got hosed by the refs too.  Ghost interference calls, and can anyone tell me the difference between McNary's hit on Walker and the hit on Street?  And Streets spike bounced right to the ref, so there was NO delay of game.  The calls seemed kinda one-sided.

did anyone see that special on how baseball umps call balls and strikes "looser" for home teams?  I'm sure it's the same in the NFL if someone did the study.

20 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

We could, but tbh is it worth it? To win and get absolutely crushed in the postseason?

To me as a fan? Yes. Absolutely. The is a 0% chance of winning the Super Bowl if you don't make the playoffs. (look it up)

Am I thinking the Colts are good and can easily beat teams? No. But I remember a Colts team in '95 who had NO SHOT of even sniffing the playoffs, let alone making it to the AFC Championship game. Miracles happen from time to time, and as a fan, all I can do is hope.

But I'm certainly not going to spend every waking moment complaining if they fall short. I'll leave that to y'all. I'm trying to have a normal life.

5 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Until the lb corp is upgraded they won't go far.....with that said the other units still have lots of potential.....the OL is improving the secondary isn't as bad as it's being made to look....Luck is Luck...the D line isn't as bad as it seems.....the ilbs have been killing this team.

We knew this in training camp.  Can't fill all the holes at once.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm not even worried about the division right now. I just want to play well next week and get a win against the Chiefs. One game at a time!

Well said krunkster. Too many people get their panties in a bunch over this. Let's enjoy a win and move on.