Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Jones can return Monday . How do you feel?

digroute88

24 minutes ago, digroute88 said:

Arthur Jones can return Monday . How do you feel? Let's hope this is finally his year to shine . We need it . Wonder who gets cut . Once upon a time he used to be a beast with the Ravens . I think the guy has just been unlucky .

How do I feel?

Is happy an acceptable answer?

I won't be happy if he's not ready to play.

We need a healthy Art Jones.       We need him to be the player we signed to a good contract.     We need for him to step up and deliver.      The two injuries were just bad luck,  not his fault.

But now that he's back,  we need Art Jones to be Art Jones.

32 minutes ago, digroute88 said:

Arthur Jones can return Monday . How do you feel? Let's hope this is finally his year to shine . We need it . Wonder who gets cut . Once upon a time he used to be a beast with the Ravens . I think the guy has just been unlucky .

I give the over/under at 4 weeks.... under looking good...

1 minute ago, MacDee1975 said:

I doubt after 2 injuries and this much missed time that he is very effective anymore.

Does he really have to be an all pro??  I mean at this rate he's probably a depth player anyways. If he gives us even as much as kerr has given us this year then it will be helpful to our defense, as he will be good enough to help keep our top guys fresh,  and the fact that he can play all three positions on the line helps.

Would I like more from him this season? Absolutely. 

Do I expect it? Not a chance!! 

1 hour ago, digroute88 said:

I think the Colts roster right now is at 52 with Cole going on IR, so they won't need to cut anyone unless they bring someone up from the PS.

46 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

He's a scumbag purely for using performance enhancing drugs and literally cheating the integrity of the Sport. No respect for people like that. 

Hope he does well for us and then we get rid of him 

I don't like that it causes them to get suspended and be unavailable to play and help the team... But, outside of their unavailability who cares; half the league uses PEDS anyway... Wouldn't bother me if the NFL turned a blind eye to it. 

Man if Art Jones can return and dominate, that would be a major game changer for the Colts. An already solid D line will become even better, perhaps a top unit in the league.

But that's big if. The guys been hurt for like two years. Id expect he would have been training all this time, but we still don't know if he's in game shape. At this point it don't expect anything better than Depth. Which would be fine I guess.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Well, I'm on the fence. In the preseason he played against 3rd string O linemen and still couldn't show anything spectacular. I remember It was the word from Pagano that he was coming alone well. We'lI see but I don't think we need any more mediocre "starters" on defense.

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

He's a scumbag purely for using performance enhancing drugs and literally cheating the integrity of the Sport. No respect for people like that. 

So Mathis, and most likely Sanders and Manning are scumbags as well?

Jones, Anderson, Langford, Parry, Ridgeway is the group I've been waiting to see play together healthy. And the great thing is Kerr has been playing well and you still have Mcgill. I certainly will welcome a healthy Jones back. D line is deep, add that with those 3 cornerbacks and the 3 safeties and we should be able to get some sacks and stuff the run like we are supposed to.

4 hours ago, digroute88 said:

If I recall correctly they currently have an open spot right now. 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I dont remember Sanders or Manning getting suspended for PED use. Nor do I remember any of them failing a drug test. Mathis had a semiplausable excuse at least. I don't think Jones did 

You seem very naive. 

5 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

is that how you feel about mathis?

6 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I dont remember Sanders or Manning getting suspended for PED use. Nor do I remember any of them failing a drug test. Mathis had a semiplausable excuse at least. I don't think Jones did 

they never did fail them, hence the words most and likely.......   

3 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Jones is done, or almost done....wayyy past his prime. 

Let the young guys get the playing time and it will pay dividends by year-end.

Give Jones the playing time and he will be out injured again before year-end.

He's the same age as Langford, just been much less healthy...... hey, he should be fresh, less miles on the tires over the last 2 years right? lol

10 hours ago, Flash said:

I feel like he will be a welcome addition to an already good D-Line. He will be a part of the rotation, which will help the other guys stay fresh. As long as he is healthy and in shape, I see this as a good thing. 

Good D line? You mean it dont suck like some people have said? Lol

19 hours ago, esmort said:

But, outside of their unavailability who cares; half the league uses PEDS anyway...

Marijuana?  Yes, I'd agree.  PED's?  No way.  The NFL tests for PED's every week all throughout the year.

19 hours ago, esmort said:

Wouldn't bother me if the NFL turned a blind eye to it. 

Not going to happen.  As a matter of fact, they realize that they have a poor test methodology concerning HGH and are taking steps to eliminate it.  The test window is currently 24 hour.  So many players may have been injecting at a time where it is effective during the game, but it is passed the 24 hour period next morning when the Urine Sample guys come calling to test you.

The league is having a test developed that has a few days in the window.  Like wise, they are more aggressive in getting post game samples, not always next day testing.

It is the recreational (non performance enhancing) drugs the NFL stops testing for once the first season game is played.  PED's they teat 40 random guys a week throughout the league, and all year.

On 9/30/2016 at 2:16 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Psst

Maybe you should know more about a person before coming to the conclusion that he's a scumbag. Btw, is Mathis a scumbag too?