Ryan Grigson complaints (merge)

danlhart87

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

This team needs Myles Garrett

I haven't followed college football much this year but I will soon. I'm not asking for a Watt or Von because I know those players are rare. I'll settle for a Justin Houston or Chandler Jones level prospect. We need a great ILB as well. Were a few pieces away on defense. 

1 hour ago, pizzaman67 said:

i said before luck was drafted, trade him and load up the team. but no they took him, and as good as he is he is not peyton manning who could carry a team of misfits on his back. luck has no time to throw. there are no holes to run through. no one can tackle, back up or not you have to be able to tackle in this league. pagan and grigson are clueless along with every other coach.there is talent here but they seem to forget how to play on sundays. so until they clean house, I'm done. good luck to you all, i hope you enjoy the show. 

Lol.  Peyton could carry a team of misfits to wins, but couldn't win a playoff game for 6 years.  Delusional. You should stick to pizza.

Serious question,  I'm going to post this in the Pagano thread as well.  I firmly believe that the leadership of this team is indifferent towards winning or lack the talent and skill to create or lead a great team.  I honestly do not know which it is and I think it is almost impossible to figure out.  I just feel that the team is headed in the wrong direction and therefore it is a leadership issue.  Regardless, why do you think Grigson is to blame, why not Pagano or why not only Pagano?

I'm also interested regarding your thoughts on Irsay, I'm aware there is nothing we can do to hold the owner accountable except to stop being fans of the team but do you feel he is indifferent towards winning? If not how do you explain the four year contract extension?

This team, approach, coaching, and ownership is in a severe state of stagnation.

There is just no impetus, reason to believe, or excitement that this team can win it all and be a winner for an extended period of time.  I sense malaise and contentment.  

That is not good.

There is just no way that P and G should have been brought back last year.  Anyone could see that this team does not have what it takes to be an extended winner.  They won the previous 4 years because of a weak division and Luck comebacks.  

Did anyone ever get the sense that they are a really good team?

I sure didn't.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

This makes me sad because I could see it happening

I think anything worse than .500 and they're gone, but the coaches especially on defense deserve no blame....the offense almost played well enough to win having the ball with 1:55 to go down 6. Then Von Miller happened.  We Were no worse than the Panthers in the Super Bowl.... and they were stocked full of All Pro players....

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

If we start 0-5 I could see someone losing their jobs. If we could only get some players to stay healthy so we could have a true look at this team.

They will just fire all of the asst. coaches and staff.  Wait!  They already did that.

31 minutes ago, CodeMaster said:

Serious question,  I'm going to post this in the Pagano thread as well.  I firmly believe that the leadership of this team is indifferent towards winning or lack the talent and skill to create or lead a great team.  I honestly do not know which it is and I think it is almost impossible to figure out.  I just feel that the team is headed in the wrong direction and therefore it is a leadership issue.  Regardless, why do you think Grigson is to blame, why not Pagano or why not only Pagano?

I'm also interested regarding your thoughts on Irsay, I'm aware there is nothing we can do to hold the owner accountable except to stop being fans of the team but do you feel he is indifferent towards winning? If not how do you explain the four year contract extension?

Don't over think it.  Chuck and Grigson just aren't that good at their jobs.

33 minutes ago, CodeMaster said:

Agree on the leadership issue.  That's why I thought Morrison would be so important.  We need a real leader on the defense.  Someone that despises losing.

3 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

We need an entire team to feel this way IMO!

Right, but besides Mathis, Morrison is the only player I've seen that has that attitude.  Freeney had a jerry rice type regimen.  Bob sanders would hurt colts players in practice.  Vontae has the talent but no leadership.  That's a problem.

2 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Right, but besides Mathis, Morrison is the only player I've seen that has that attitude.  Freeney had a jerry rice type regimen.  Bob sanders would hurt colts players in practice.  Vontae has the talent but no leadership.  That's a problem.

Love Vontae talent wise and seems like a decent guy.

But did you see him on HBO when he was with the Dolphins?  He does not seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.  I don't think he has that mental ability to be the type of leader that you want him to be.

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Having that presence is important. 

The scariest part is that this is Luck's prime time of his career and if things go the way they look we may have wasted the career of Luck. 

Say what you want to about him and yes the Pick 6 was his fault, the early bad passes were his fault but he IS our franchise QB. 

I am willing to give a pass on the defense and they only gave up 16 points to Denver at home. The offense was flat in the first half and we should have had a lead. 

I am so mad at the brain truss of this team its maddening but we need to get better fast and being several games under .500 at the midway point will be nearly impossible to overcome.

This team is snake bitten and we need to man up and play because this season is on the line right now

Grigson has found some diamonds in the rough. Gotta give him credit for that. But the Richardson & Werner failures are glaring.  Those two wasted first round picks are glaring. Those are supposed to be key contributors if not starters. We have no pass rush whatsoever. Before suffering through another losing season, I'd like to see us go sign that criminal from Carolina. What happened to the guy we brought in for a workout from Jax?  He can't be no worse than Ayers who got run away from by Virgil Green on that crucial 3rd down. 

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

I think anything worse than .500 and they're gone, but the coaches especially on defense deserve no blame....the offense almost played well enough to win having the ball with 1:55 to go down 6. Then Von Miller happened.  We Were no worse than the Panthers in the Super Bowl.... and they were stocked full of All Pro players....

I think 7-9 is their minimum.  7 wins or more and I think they are retained, 6 wins or less and they're gone.

I didn't like the extension of Grigson and Pagano for you guys despite my liking Chuck as an ex- Raven coach. My concern would be wasting possible Championship years with Luck, and again failing to maximize the roster similar to the Manning years. Chuck is not a great in game coach, and although Grigson has made some nice picks, I don't see enough progress with the O Line or defense. Now that the extension is four years , it's tough to solve without eating a lot of money. 

You know what? I'm gonna spell it out for everyone. I know some of the overly optimistic board memember will come and try and tell everyone to relax but we need to realize the truth when it comes to our GM.

The Colts are a mediocre and almost bad football team with maybe 2 elite players and absolutely no depth.

Luck-Elite

Hilton-Elite

Mathis-Once great now mediocre 

Gore-Once great now mediocre 

Reitz-Mediocre

Good-Mediocre

Butler-Mediocre 

Parry-Mediocre 

DQ-Mediocre

Moore-Mediocre

Castonzo-Average

Moncrief-Trending up

Davis-Like Norman, only 1 elite season 

Walden-Average

9 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Now that the extension is four years , it's tough to solve without eating a lot of money. 

This is the part that boggles my mind the most.  Grigson had another year left on his contract.  Instead of waiting and seeing how things go, Irsay decides to give him an extension.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

This is the part that boggles my mind the most.  Grigson had another year left on his contract.  Instead of waiting and seeing how things go, Irsay decides to give him an extension.

Agreed, not sure why he did it. You almost want a situation where it's year to year, if you have reservations about a GM. It's almost like Irsay reacted to the rift between Grigson and Pagano, and to show solidarity, extended them both. Luck is not the problem. He is a great QB any franchise would want . His contract is totally appropriate. He just needs more help around him on both sides of the ball. 

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You know what? I'm gonna spell it out for everyone. I know some of the overly optimistic board memember will come and try and tell everyone to relax but we need to realize the truth when it comes to our GM.

The Colts are a mediocre and almost bad football team with maybe 2 elite players and absolutely no depth.

Luck-Elite

Hilton-Elite

Mathis-Once great now mediocre 

Gore-Once great now mediocre 

Reitz-Mediocre

Good-Mediocre

Butler-Mediocre 

Parry-Mediocre 

DQ-Mediocre

Moore-Mediocre

Castonzo-Average

Moncrief-Trending up

Davis-Like Norman, only 1 elite season 

Walden-Average

Agree with this.  Though I don't think Hilton is elite.  I think he is very good.  But he is VERY hit or miss.  Elite is a Brown, OB, or Jones.

The fact is the Colts are very deficient in top flight talent.

Which is way different compared to when the Colts were priming up for their best years during the Manning era.  

Manning

Wayne

Harrison

James

much of the O line

Sanders

Mathis

Freeney

Sanders

etc

When you look at it that way, this team is no where close to what we had then.  Those players EXCITED me, even when they were not winning SB's.

This team honestly does nothing for me.

Just now, The Old Crow said:

Agreed, not sure why he did it. You almost want a situation where it's year to year, if you have reservations about a GM. It's almost like Irsay reacted to the rift between Grigson and Pagano, and to show solidarity, extended them both. Luck is not the problem. He is a great QB any franchise would want . His contract is totally appropriate. He just needs more help around him on both sides of the ball. 

Yeah, I have many problems with how the franchise is being led by Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano.  I think Grigson has hurt the team the most and I actually wouldn't mind giving Pagano another shot with a better roster to see what he can really do, but even he has made a lot of questionable decisions.

I agree Pagano is the lesser of the two problems. The good news is you have a franchise QB, and some decent receivers. 

Grigson's resume seems a bit lacking to me for an NFL GM. He is pretty young at 44, and his main claim to fame , with the exception of Luck's first year, is as a scout with some successful organizations. When he was hired as Director of Player Personnel for the Eagles 2010-2012, the team went from 10-6, to 8-8, to 4-12 with many of his players. Further examination of the resume shows a lot of Canadian and Arena League accomplishments. It's fair to say he was a pretty good scout, but not sure he had the top qualifications to be a GM when he did. 

44 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I didn't like the extension of Grigson and Pagano for you guys despite my liking Chuck as an ex- Raven coach. My concern would be wasting possible Championship years with Luck, and again failing to maximize the roster similar to the Manning years. Chuck is not a great in game coach, and although Grigson has made some nice picks, I don't see enough progress with the O Line or defense. Now that the extension is four years , it's tough to solve without eating a lot of money. 

yep

Three straight years starting 0-2...  Every year under Pags & Grigs we lose a home game we shouldn't. Every year we get blown out once or twice.  If this trend continues, it's time to pull the plug and get the right coach & GM in here. Eat the money and send them both on their way.   We're wasting a once in a lifetime quarterback. 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

Grigson has found some diamonds in the rough. Gotta give him credit for that. But the Richardson & Werner failures are glaring.  Those two wasted first round picks are glaring. Those are supposed to be key contributors if not starters. We have no pass rush whatsoever. Before suffering through another losing season, I'd like to see us go sign that criminal from Carolina. What happened to the guy we brought in for a workout from Jax?  He can't be no worse than Ayers who got run away from by Virgil Green on that crucial 3rd down. 

You know. We really don't have to give him credit for finding "diamonds in the rough". That's his * job, and literally all gms find decent players out of seemingly no where 

I don't know all the details of the rift that was going on between Grigs & Pags, but I really feel like the 2013-14 drafts really set our franchise back. So I don't know if the blame for the Richardson & Werner drafts fall strictly on Grigs but those two mistakes have us mired in mediocrity and our division is getting better and Luck can't do it alone. Swap Werner in 2013 with Travis Frederick, Kawann Short, LeVeon Bell, or Jamie Collins and use our traded 2014 pick for a Kelvin Benjamin and I think we would have already been hoisting a Lombardi. Even Deandre Hopkins despite the hotel vandalism during the combine in 2013...  With those picks, we would have been able to fill out our roster with the right free agents rather than the old washed up rentals we've been bringing in...

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Exactly. And I really hope he didn't do it because the 2015 draft looked promising so he went off of that. But D'Joun Smith is off the roster so there goes another high round draft pick gone. Parry got exposed when Anderson went out.   How Irsay doesn't see the lack of talent on the team is beyond me. He should've waited and he would've saw the lack of progress in fixing the problem areas. Took him 4 years to make significant steps to improve the O-Line. It'll probably take him longer to fix the pass rush, and even longer to fix the run game. This team can not afford to wait until Grigson decides to get it fixed.

12 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Luck needs to shed the Mr. Nice guy mode for a little bit and flip the hell out on The O-Line, Pagano, Grigson and Irsay. Get in their * about this mess 

I agree.

But unfortunately he's not that kind of person. He doesn't even have a smart phone for fear he might say something that someone won't like on social media.

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I don't know all the details of the rift that was going on between Grigs & Pags, but I really feel like the 2013-14 drafts really set our franchise back. So I don't know if the blame for the Richardson & Werner drafts fall strictly on Grigs but those two mistakes have us mired in mediocrity and our division is getting better and Luck can't do it alone. Swap Werner in 2013 with Travis Frederick, Kawann Short, LeVeon Bell, or Jamie Collins and use our traded 2014 pick for a Kelvin Benjamin and I think we would have already been hoisting a Lombardi. Even Deandre Hopkins despite the hotel vandalism during the combine in 2013...  With those picks, we would have been able to fill out our roster with the right free agents rather than the old washed up rentals we've been bringing in...

But it's worthwhile to point out that Ryan Grigson would never draft Kelvin Benjamin because Kelvin Benjamin's 40 time is too slow.  

While you have to appreciate that Grigs found both Hilton and Moncrief in the 3rd round, it's important to note that when it comes to wide receivers, Grigs, is beholden to the almighty 40 time.  You are welcome to check me on this but Grigson has only drafted (in any round) wide receivers who have clocked a 4.4 or under.  Moncrief is I believe the slowest WR that Grigson has ever drafted.  

Now Free Agents and UDFA's he's signed have been slower.  But in terms of drafted WR's, all of them had 4.4 or better 40 times.