Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson complaints (merge)

danlhart87

Just now, colt18 said:

Or....maybe....it's because BB plays no games when it comes to his players doing their jobs. You would never see BB calling a broken trick play on 4th down just you would never see the Pats draft something they don't need. 

The Colts FO is horrendous because Irsay thinks a star QB is all you need to win championships, meanwhile the Pats know that defense and special teams play a crucial part as well.

There are so many things about this post that make zero sense.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm not sure why anyone is incapable of accepting the fact that the Colts are a terribly run organization. Yes, we had a lot of tremendous success during the era of Peyton Manning. No, that doesn't mean the organization was good, I'd lean towards mediocre. The team was built to win based on Peyton giving us the lead so the fast, undersized defense could pin their ears back and rush the passer. However, whenever the defense actually needed to make a stand we usually lost. 

Peyton pretty much covered a lot of the flaws with that 00's Colts team, that doesn't make the FO any better than they actually were. The 2011 Colts season should tell you everything you need to know about the organization.

12 hours ago, colt18 said:

Also, I'm not sure why anyone is incapable of accepting the fact that the Colts are a terribly run organization. Yes, we had a lot of tremendous success during the era of Peyton Manning. No, that doesn't mean the organization was good, I'd lean towards mediocre. The team was built to win based on Peyton giving us the lead so the fast, undersized defense could pin their ears back and rush the passer. However, whenever the defense actually needed to make a stand we usually lost. 

Peyton pretty much covered a lot of the flaws with that 00's Colts team, that doesn't make the FO any better than they actually were. The 2011 Colts season should tell you everything you need to know about the organization.

yet we won a Superbowl and had the most wins in a decade with many HoFers (including GM and coach) and some borderline HoFers. horribly run team.

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

yet we won a Superbowl and had the most wins in a decade with many HoFers (including GM and coach) and some borderline HoFers. horribly run team.

Winning a SB does not automatically mean your team is well ran. There's a reason that the team was 2-11 without Peyton Manning.

14 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Winning a SB does not automatically mean your team is well ran. There's a reason that the team was 2-11 without Peyton Manning.

.....I included that we had a HoF GM, HoF Coach, HoF WR, HoF QB, HoF special teams, and borderline HoF RB, WR, and DEs. Plus record for most wins in a decade. The team isn't successful in the playoffs but doesn't mean they've been this dumpster fire that you've been reading in your fake news articles.

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

.....I included that we had a HoF GM, HoF Coach, HoF WR, HoF QB, HoF special teams, and borderline HoF RB, WR, and DEs. Plus record for most wins in a decade. The team isn't successful in the playoffs but doesn't mean they've been this dumpster fire that you've been reading in your fake news articles.

What article did I post? When did I say that the Colts were a dumpster fire? You have me mistaken.

And okay, all of those HOF'ers yet we had a great offense and an underwhelming defense. How many HOF'ers did the Pats have when they made Peyton look like a rookie in the playoffs? Dungy is overrated, I don't know what HOF special teams you're talking about. You're argument makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, colt18 said:

What article did I post? When did I say that the Colts were a dumpster fire? You have me mistaken.

And okay, all of those HOF'ers yet we had a great offense and an underwhelming defense. How many HOF'ers did the Pats have when they made Peyton look like a rookie in the playoffs? Dungy is overrated, I don't know what HOF special teams you're talking about. You're argument makes no sense.

You didn't post any article, but reading other people's wrong opinions on the franchise being completely incompetent is clearly incorrect. The current administration, while inept, is nothing like that one. Sure, the defense was built to stop the pass but how many other teams defenses were as good as the Colts offense? That's how they won a record amount of games in that span lol.

Peyton was 1-2 against the Pats in the playoffs, both losses on the road where the Pats (coached by the best coach of all time) makes everyone look like a rookie so that's pretty dumb to even bring them into this. By HoF special teams I mean Adam Vinateiri, who is going to be in the HoF. Also, last time I checked, Superbowl winning coaches with a 76% winning percentage over 7 years are hard to come by. You also don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

YOU'RE a joke.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

You didn't post any article, but reading other people's wrong opinions on the franchise being completely incompetent is clearly incorrect. The current administration, while inept, is nothing like that one. Sure, the defense was built to stop the pass but how many other teams defenses were as good as the Colts offense? That's how they won a record amount of games in that span lol.

Peyton was 1-2 against the Pats in the playoffs, both losses on the road where the Pats (coached by the best coach of all time) makes everyone look like a rookie so that's pretty dumb to even bring them into this. By HoF special teams I mean Adam Vinateiri, who is going to be in the HoF. Also, last time I checked, Superbowl winning coaches with a 76% winning percentage over 7 years are hard to come by. You also don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

YOU'RE a joke.

First of all, you were incorrect when you assumed I posted an article. It's laughable that you think an opinion can be wrong btw, seeing how opinions are subjective. 

Secondly, you agree that the organization is inept. That's the entire point I was trying to make, I don't know why you're so defensive when we are actually agreeing. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension. 

Third, a HOF kicker does not equal HOF special teams. You have the kickoff unit, the kick return unit, punt unit and punt return unit as well as field goal unit. You are incorrect if you think a HOF kicker makes everyone on special teams HOF'ers.

Last, I don't care what record you bring up. Dungy was good but as soon as he left, Peyton took that mediocre 2009 team to the SB with Jim Caldwell at HC. If the organization was as good as you're arguing it is (I don't know if you are because you already admitted that they were inept) then they would've been able to have a winning record without Peyton. I wonder why the Pats are able to have a winning season and blow out the top ranked defense (2016 Texans) without Brady even playing. Oh! Maybe because they're actually a great organization who know how to run their team with or without their star players. 

Btw, don't get so defensive. We are all Colts fans and everyone is entitled to their opinion. No reason to act like a child when someone actually has a different opinion.

22 minutes ago, colt18 said:

First of all, you were incorrect when you assumed I posted an article. It's laughable that you think an opinion can be wrong btw, seeing how opinions are subjective. 

Secondly, you agree that the organization is inept. That's the entire point I was trying to make, I don't know why you're so defensive when we are actually agreeing. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension. 

Third, a HOF kicker does not equal HOF special teams. You have the kickoff unit, the kick return unit, punt unit and punt return unit as well as field goal unit. You are incorrect if you think a HOF kicker makes everyone on special teams HOF'ers.

Last, I don't care what record you bring up. Dungy was good but as soon as he left, Peyton took that mediocre 2009 team to the SB with Jim Caldwell at HC. If the organization was as good as you're arguing it is (I don't know if you are because you already admitted that they were inept) then they would've been able to have a winning record without Peyton. I wonder why the Pats are able to have a winning season and blow out the top ranked defense (2016 Texans) without Brady even playing. Oh! Maybe because they're actually a great organization who know how to run their team with or without their star players. 

Btw, don't get so defensive. We are all Colts fans and everyone is entitled to their opinion. No reason to act like a child when someone actually has a different opinion.

I never assumed you posted an article. There is just no way any Colts fan could think that the Polian/Dungy administration was so terrible when there are at least 28 other teams that would have liked to have had their success during that time(less the Pats and Steelers). The point is THIS administration is inept, and anybody who says the entire organization is a dumpster fire as if we were the Jets or Browns is revising history, hence anybody who thinks the last administration in the 00's was a dumpster fire save for one player is rewriting history incorrectly. 

Sure, HoF kicker doesn't equal special teams, but the most important person on our special teams was brought in to make the kicks Vanderjagt couldn't and he's been doing so since. Clearly the 2010-2011 Colts did not have the same abilities as the 2002-2009 teams but all championship windows close at some point (unless you're the Pats). That 09 team wasn't mediocre at all. Heck, they COULD HAVE been undefeated had they not played Painter against the Jets with a lead and the Bills in the final week. Maybe if Garcon can catch a third down pass, Hank Baskett can catch an onsides kick, Freeney's ankle wasn't destroyed, and AV wasn't injured for the SB we'd be talking about that team very differently. If anything it goes to show that you can replace the coach and have such great results means the FO is succeeding. 

Again, your only measuring stick is the Patriots, who NO team has been able to catch up to in almost two decades. I don't care that the Pats blew out a "top ranked defense", they have OSWEILER at QB so that defense will stay on the field all night against Tom Brady. You can act like the Colts are a complete dumpster fire of an organization because 1 losing season since 01 and 2 8-8 seasons but factually it's not correct. With the exception of the Pats, Steelers, Giants, Seahawks, and Broncos, no team has been as successful as us since 2000. A dumpster fire would be the Jets, the Browns, the Jaguars. Teams that go through QB's and top picks like nothing. It's absurd to lump this organization with them because of how bad we are lately and because we aren't the Patriots.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion I'm just explaining to you how your opinion is wrong.

5 hours ago, bababooey said:

I never assumed you posted an article. There is just no way any Colts fan could think that the Polian/Dungy administration was so terrible when there are at least 28 other teams that would have liked to have had their success during that time(less the Pats and Steelers). The point is THIS administration is inept, and anybody who says the entire organization is a dumpster fire as if we were the Jets or Browns is revising history, hence anybody who thinks the last administration in the 00's was a dumpster fire save for one player is rewriting history incorrectly. 

Sure, HoF kicker doesn't equal special teams, but the most important person on our special teams was brought in to make the kicks Vanderjagt couldn't and he's been doing so since. Clearly the 2010-2011 Colts did not have the same abilities as the 2002-2009 teams but all championship windows close at some point (unless you're the Pats). That 09 team wasn't mediocre at all. Heck, they COULD HAVE been undefeated had they not played Painter against the Jets with a lead and the Bills in the final week. Maybe if Garcon can catch a third down pass, Hank Baskett can catch an onsides kick, Freeney's ankle wasn't destroyed, and AV wasn't injured for the SB we'd be talking about that team very differently. If anything it goes to show that you can replace the coach and have such great results means the FO is succeeding. 

Again, your only measuring stick is the Patriots, who NO team has been able to catch up to in almost two decades. I don't care that the Pats blew out a "top ranked defense", they have OSWEILER at QB so that defense will stay on the field all night against Tom Brady. You can act like the Colts are a complete dumpster fire of an organization because 1 losing season since 01 and 2 8-8 seasons but factually it's not correct. With the exception of the Pats, Steelers, Giants, Seahawks, and Broncos, no team has been as successful as us since 2000. A dumpster fire would be the Jets, the Browns, the Jaguars. Teams that go through QB's and top picks like nothing. It's absurd to lump this organization with them because of how bad we are lately and because we aren't the Patriots.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion I'm just explaining to you how your opinion is wrong.

Yes you did assume that I posted an article, your assumption was wrong. Backpedal much?

I'm going to need you to quote where I said that the organization was terrible or a dumpster fire. You're creating an argument that was never made and I have no idea why.

You were wrong to say that a HOF kicker makes a special teams unit HOF caliber, again you're backpedaling.

lmao at replacing a coach and having the same results. The Colts had the same coach from '09-'11 but Peyton didn't play in '11, guess which year was the worst? How can you tell me that the FO was succeeding when they were only good when Peyton was on the field? Smh. 

Again, you aren't understanding that opinions are subjective and thus you can't say an opinion is wrong. Reread that as many times as necessary.. 

10 hours ago, colt18 said:

Yes you did assume that I posted an article, your assumption was wrong. Backpedal much?

I'm going to need you to quote where I said that the organization was terrible or a dumpster fire. You're creating an argument that was never made and I have no idea why.

You were wrong to say that a HOF kicker makes a special teams unit HOF caliber, again you're backpedaling.

lmao at replacing a coach and having the same results. The Colts had the same coach from '09-'11 but Peyton didn't play in '11, guess which year was the worst? How can you tell me that the FO was succeeding when they were only good when Peyton was on the field? Smh. 

Again, you aren't understanding that opinions are subjective and thus you can't say an opinion is wrong. Reread that as many times as necessary.. 

I never said you posted any article, I said you are reading articles and believing them because no Colts fan would believe the organization is inept, which is what you said. Not backpedaling at all, same with the HoF special teams comment, I admitted a mistake and said I should have said HoF Kicker.

22 hours ago, bababooey said:

I'm not sure why anyone is incapable of accepting the fact that the Colts are a terribly run organization. Yes, we had a lot of tremendous success during the era of Peyton Manning. No, that doesn't mean the organization was good, I'd lean towards mediocre

Forgive where it says I said this, because the above quote came from you. That's why we are having this conversation. The notion that the organization is terribly run is a complete joke. The notion that the 09 team that had the ability to go undefeated would be 2-11 without Peyton is laughable. If they had an actual backup like Hasselbeck it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. In 2011 they had no backup plan with a roster on the back end of a championship window that without Peyton was completely shut. Happens to everyone (except NE).

The FO clearly succeeded for many years by winning the most games in a single decade, drafting hall of famers, getting the most out of undrafted free agents which was a significant part of the SB team, and having more postseason success than any team since 2000 other than the Pats, Steelers, Giants, Broncos, and Seahawks.

I know opinions are subjective. You can say the sky is green, doesn't make you right. Same applies here.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I never said you posted any article, I said you are reading articles and believing them because no Colts fan would believe the organization is inept, which is what you said. Not backpedaling at all, same with the HoF special teams comment, I admitted a mistake and said I should have said HoF Kicker.

Forgive where it says I said this, because the above quote came from you. That's why we are having this conversation. The notion that the organization is terribly run is a complete joke. The notion that the 09 team that had the ability to go undefeated would be 2-11 without Peyton is laughable. If they had an actual backup like Hasselbeck it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. In 2011 they had no backup plan with a roster on the back end of a championship window that without Peyton was completely shut. Happens to everyone (except NE).

The FO clearly succeeded for many years by winning the most games in a single decade, drafting hall of famers, getting the most out of undrafted free agents which was a significant part of the SB team, and having more postseason success than any team since 2000 other than the Pats, Steelers, Giants, Broncos, and Seahawks.

I know opinions are subjective. You can say the sky is green, doesn't make you right. Same applies here.

Or....maybe I can actually make up my own opinion because I've been watching my favorite team for years? Yes, saying one thing and saying you mean another is backpedaling which is exactly what you are doing.

That 09 team went to the SB because of Peyton, it absolutely would have been a % team without him. Peyton probably could have taken that '11 team to the SB, the team was % because the organization did not plan anything besides relying on Peyton. That's what makes the organization terrible. 

Saying the sky is green is not subjective, it is a fact that the sky is blue. You clearly don't understand what subjective means and I'm done having this conversation with you.