Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clyde is leaving for Miami

snkdy

-- 2013  Andrew Luck cuts his interceptions from 18 to 9.

-- 2014 Andrew Luck raises his TD passes from 23 to an NFL Leading 40.

And people here give Clyde Christensen NO CREDIT for anything here. 

And someone chimes in with they thought he should've been fired after 2011!     Holy Crap,  the team loses it's starting QB for the year,  has ZERO quality backs-ups and a fan wants him fired.

Sometimes you people just embarrass yourself.      

I don't know how good Christensen is....   but I can pretty much guarantee is far better than all of you think he is.....

Edited by ColtsBlueFL
How stupid, ignorant and pitiful do you folks have to be?!? Not a civil response. Cracking down.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

How stupid, ignorant and pitiful do you folks have to be?!?

And someone chimes in with they thought he should've been fired after 2011!     Holy Crap,  the team loses it's starting QB for the year,  has ZERO quality backs-ups and a fan wants him fired.

I don't know how good Christensen is....   but I can pretty much guarantee is far better than all of you think he is.....

But how do you really feel?

can't argue with you tho.

wasn't he our OC for a year or two? (Or he filled in when the OC was fired?)

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

But how do you really feel?

can't argue with you tho.

wasn't he our OC for a year or two? (Or he filled in when the OC was fired?)

It's my understanding Clyde was the OC in 2011.     And that was the spectacular meltdown season of 2-14.

I wasn't a fan then.    I joined a year later with Luck.

Arians was the OC in 12.

Pep was the OC in 13 and 14....   fired halfway through the 15 season.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

agree I think Clyde was underrated, not to mention the work he did with Peyton. I believe he was one of if not the only guy left after Polian was let go! You don't last take long if you suck or a Jerk. Have to believe he is a good guy as well!

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understand your viewpoint but... Clyde has always benefited from others.  When those others leave his input seems stale.  He technically had very little to do when Manning was here, and Caldwell was HC.  (Who was the catalyst to cut Manning's INT in half).  So the viewpoint was Clyde sort of a figurehead.  Now that might have been incorrect but his work with Painter was awful...  it was him trying to make Painter run Manning's offense and Painter could probably barely run ANY offense...

Then we get Luck, who did cut his INT in half, but had the exact same flaws coming into the league.  Also it didn't help that the season he cut his INT in half an absurd amount were dropped by defenses.  So if Clydes only job was to coach Luck we didn't see much.  He still throws high and behind and he holds on far far too long.  Couple that with his previous perceived failings and you get what you see.  As incorrect or correct it may be...

Wish Clyde great success. When Peyton went to see the troops in Afghanistan , Clyde went to. My son was there and his being a giant Colts Fan like me made it pretty special I also for him. My son said Clyde was a real down to earth, good to the troops guy. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the record this season had nothing to do with me thinking he should be fired.  I thought he should have been fired back in 2011, because he was a horrible OC.

Also as a side note, I find the fact that you hide your insults that are directed at me by not quoting my posts or referencing my name as comical and spineless. If you could avoid doing that in the future it would be much appreciated. ;)

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

?

For the record, I think most fans here weren't in love with Clyde after 2011, and it was kind of a surprise that he was retained.

All the good things that the coaches did with backup QBs this season are the things that the 2011 staff refused to do. They tried to plug in Kerry Collins to run Peyton Manning's offense, with no adjustments. They didn't simplify things for any of the QBs until Week 13, I think, when Orlovsky took over. And Clyde was the OC, so that reasonably falls at his feet. And unfortunately for him, his work as an OC prior to that was with Manning, who was known for calling his own plays at the line. Clyde hadn't earned very much credit to that point.

It was more than reasonable to wonder why he was retained in 2012. He was never even a QB coach in Indy before that.

I don't know if anyone was calling for him to be fired as of right now. His work with Luck and in general this season obviously doesn't have anything to do with what people thought about him four years ago.

I would rather not be losing him right now, but I don't think it's any great loss. Maybe it is; it's hard to know the impact of a QB coach when he's worked almost exclusively with really talented QBs. I said in another thread, I think this a good opportunity to see what Clyde is actually about. I hope he does well. I also can get used to the idea of Luck having a new QB coach.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

?

For the record, I think most fans here weren't in love with Clyde after 2011, and it was kind of a surprise that he was retained.

All the good things that the coaches did with backup QBs this season are the things that the 2011 staff refused to do. They tried to plug in Kerry Collins to run Peyton Manning's offense, with no adjustments. They didn't simplify things for any of the QBs until Week 13, I think, when Orlovsky took over. And Clyde was the OC, so that reasonably falls at his feet. And unfortunately for him, his work as an OC prior to that was with Manning, who was known for calling his own plays at the line. Clyde hadn't earned very much credit to that point.

It was more than reasonable to wonder why he was retained in 2012. He was never even a QB coach in Indy before that.

I don't know if anyone was calling for him to be fired as of right now. His work with Luck and in general this season obviously doesn't have anything to do with what people thought about him four years ago.

I would rather not be losing him right now, but I don't think it's any great loss. Maybe it is; it's hard to know the impact of a QB coach when he's worked almost exclusively with really talented QBs. I said in another thread, I think this a good opportunity to see what Clyde is actually about. I hope he does well. I also can get used to the idea of Luck having a new QB coach.

I'm fine with Clyde moving on.     I'm really fine with a new voice for Andrew's QB coach.    I'm really OK with it.

But the "good riddance" line for Clyde, for Pep, for the OL coach who just got fired...   all of that makes my blood boil. 

I don't know what anyone here thinks they should've been seeing from Clyde as the QB coach?    Most here don't know what a QB does during the week, or during the game.     And I've already noted that Luck cut his interceptions in '13 and raised his TD passes the year after.     Seems to be we saw improvement from Luck but no one wants to give Christensen any credit.

It's the same old thing....   with so many posters,  once they decide someone sucks,  that guy sucks from now until the end of time.    They refuse or won't see any improvement.     It's exhausting.

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

For the record this season had nothing to do with me thinking he should be fired.  I thought he should have been fired back in 2011, because he was a horrible OC.

Also as a side note, I find the fact that you hide your insults that are directed at me by not quoting my posts or referencing my name as comical and spineless. If you could avoid doing that in the future it would be much appreciated. ;)

Trust me....   I'm not shy.    I have no problem directing my comments at anyone specifically.

When I feel the need to insult YOU,  I will insult YOU.     I give you my word.

But if you have a viewpoint that I think is wrong,  and it happens to be one that is shared by others here,  then I make a generic response to a number of posters.     I don't chide one person when I'm looking to address a group of people.     The whole thread was filled with anti-Christensen comments,  not just you.

I don't like making a post that quotes more than one person,  and certainly not a large number of people.   So, I make one big sweeping post that comments on a number of people and not just one particular person.

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know what anyone here thinks they should've been seeing from Clyde as the QB coach?    Most here don't know what a QB does during the week, or during the game.     And I've already noted that Luck cut his interceptions in '13 and raised his TD passes the year after.     Seems to be we saw improvement from Luck but no one wants to give Christensen any credit.

Just speaking to this, it's hard for a QB coach to get credit when he's coaching 'the best QB prospect since John Elway.' Most expected Luck to be great just because, and in fact, many are convinced that he's being held back by the coaching staff. So it's not surprising to me that Clyde wouldn't get credit for his work with Luck.