Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clyde is leaving for Miami

snkdy

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm fine with Clyde moving on.     I'm really fine with a new voice for Andrew's QB coach.    I'm really OK with it.

But the "good riddance" line for Clyde, for Pep, for the OL coach who just got fired...   all of that makes my blood boil. 

I don't know what anyone here thinks they should've been seeing from Clyde as the QB coach?    Most here don't know what a QB does during the week, or during the game.     And I've already noted that Luck cut his interceptions in '13 and raised his TD passes the year after.     Seems to be we saw improvement from Luck but no one wants to give Christensen any credit.

It's the same old thing....   with so many posters,  once they decide someone sucks,  that guy sucks from now until the end of time.    They refuse or won't see any improvement.     It's exhausting.

I understand your points, but doesn't most highly touted NFL QB's improve on those stats in years 1-4? I thinks that's more of a maturation of the player, and familiarization with the speed of the NFL than anything. Did Clyde contribute to those stats? Sure, but so did every other NFL teams QB coach who's QB made statistical improvements. My point is, I don't think Clyde contributed, or rather, we don't know how much Clyde contributed to those improvements. Nothing against Clyde, I just think t's time for a change. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

-- 2013  Andrew Luck cuts his interceptions from 18 to 9.

-- 2014 Andrew Luck raises his TD passes from 23 to an NFL Leading 40.

And people here give Clyde Christensen NO CREDIT for anything here. 

How stupid, ignorant and pitiful do you folks have to be?!?

And someone chimes in with they thought he should've been fired after 2011!     Holy Crap,  the team loses it's starting QB for the year,  has ZERO quality backs-ups and a fan wants him fired.

Sometimes you people just embarrass yourself.      

I don't know how good Christensen is....   but I can pretty much guarantee is far better than all of you think he is.....

I do notice you left out how poorly luck played this year. Yes, there were injuries, but not all of his issues were injury related. 

I wouldn't have gone so far as to say I wanted him to get fired, but I am glad Clyde is leaving. I definitely thought he should have been fired after the 2011 season for reasons superman already mentioned.

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

-- 2013  Andrew Luck cuts his interceptions from 18 to 9.

-- 2014 Andrew Luck raises his TD passes from 23 to an NFL Leading 40.

And people here give Clyde Christensen NO CREDIT for anything here. 

How stupid, ignorant and pitiful do you folks have to be?!?

And someone chimes in with they thought he should've been fired after 2011!     Holy Crap,  the team loses it's starting QB for the year,  has ZERO quality backs-ups and a fan wants him fired.

Sometimes you people just embarrass yourself.      

I don't know how good Christensen is....   but I can pretty much guarantee is far better than all of you think he is.....

If Christensen deserves credit for the improvements in Luck's game, then he also deserves blame for the flaws in Luck's game. I'm talking about throwing nearly as may interceptions as TDs in 2015. I'm talking about locking onto receivers and not going through his reads. I'm talking about mechanics issues resulting in inaccurate throws (usually too high). Luck has had these issues since he came into the league, and Christensen's coaching apparently wasn't enough to fix them. I think a change was needed. I'm happy Luck will be getting a new QB coach.

4 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

I understand your points, but doesn't most highly touted NFL QB's improve on those stats in years 1-4? I thinks that's more of a maturation of the player, and familiarization with the speed of the NFL than anything. Did Clyde contribute to those stats? Sure, but so did every other NFL teams QB coach who's QB made statistical improvements. My point is, I don't think Clyde contributed, or rather, we don't know how much Clyde contributed to those improvements. Nothing against Clyde, I just think t's time for a change. 

I'm fine with change.

And your points are reasonable.

But there are a number of posters here that once you get on the wrong side of them,  no matter what you do, the posters will still think you're not any good.

A lot of mean spiritedness.     I think it's small and petty and unnecessary.

1 hour ago, masterlock said:

If Christensen deserves credit for the improvements in Luck's game, then he also deserves blame for the flaws in Luck's game. I'm talking about throwing nearly as may interceptions as TDs in 2015. I'm talking about locking onto receivers and not going through his reads. I'm talking about mechanics issues resulting in inaccurate throws (usually too high). Luck has had these issues since he came into the league, and Christensen's coaching apparently wasn't enough to fix them. I think a change was needed. I'm happy Luck will be getting a new QB coach.

You my friend is right on the money. *slowly start clapping*

4 hours ago, Jason_S said:

I do notice you left out how poorly luck played this year. Yes, there were injuries, but not all of his issues were injury related. 

I wouldn't have gone so far as to say I wanted him to get fired, but I am glad Clyde is leaving. I definitely thought he should have been fired after the 2011 season for reasons superman already mentioned.

I addressed the 2015 Andrew Luck performance in a Pep Hamilton post last night.    Sorry,  I should've included it here,  was not trying to avoid the obvious.

Only to say that Christensen has done some good, and far more than people here know.    

NFL coaching staffs are NOT places for charity cases.     No one keeps a coach they think is bad or unhelpful.   And they certainly don't put that guy as the position coach of the franchise quarterback.    It's as if they think we've kept him around because he's a good guy and if we don't retain him he'll soon be standing on a street corner holding a sign that says....

"Will coach for food!   Please help!"

That doesn't happen in the NFL.     Yes,  there are poor coaches in the league,  and pretty soon it becomes obvious and they get fired.     The guy has been in the NFL for more than 15 years.    Have all of CC's bosses for all that time been wrong?      All the fans are right?     All the bosses are wrong?

What are the chances of that happening?

1 hour ago, masterlock said:

I'm happy too.     Time for new voices, especially when it comes to Luck.

And I've got no problem saying he didn't do a good job in 2015.     Remember, I called for Pep Hamilton to be fired after week 2 of the season after the MNF game vs. the Jets.      I wasn't happy with Luck's performance those first two games.

I just hate seeing all the "good riddance" talk when a coach leaves.....   especially for a coach who has been here for roughly 15 years.

I'm happy too.     Time for new voices, especially when it comes to Luck.

And I've got no problem saying he didn't do a good job in 2015.     Remember, I called for Pep Hamilton to be fired after week 2 of the season after the MNF game vs. the Jets.      I wasn't happy with Luck's performance those first two games.

I just hate seeing all the "good riddance" talk when a coach leaves.....   especially for a coach who has been here for roughly 15 years.

You came here with Luck. You didn't have to sit through his poor offenses in the caldwell era. You didn't have to watch hundreds of TE and WR screens that defenses saw coming, and stopped with ease. If you thought pep was inept, you'd be surprised how bad Clyde was. I'd take pep over Clyde every day of the week.

When the whole house was cleaned after 2011, pretty much everyone was left scratching their head as to how he somehow managed to remain in the cupboard like a pack of odd flavored Raman noodles you refuse to eat.

It was definitely time for a fresh face there.

I find it incredibly curious that Gase has selected him for that role. Incredibly curious at the least. His offense under Caldwell was nothing short of terrible, and it seems that everyone around the league picked up on that because there's not even been so much as a reported whiff of interest in him as an OC since then.

He better get rid of his awful screen game in Miami because those WRs are better suited for downfield routes.

42 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

You came here with Luck. You didn't have to sit through his poor offenses in the caldwell era. You didn't have to watch hundreds of TE and WR screens that defenses saw coming, and stopped with ease. If you thought pep was inept, you'd be surprised how bad Clyde was. I'd take pep over Clyde every day of the week.

When the whole house was cleaned after 2011, pretty much everyone was left scratching their head as to how he somehow managed to remain in the cupboard like a pack of odd flavored Raman noodles you refuse to eat.

I find it incredibly curious that Gase has selected him for that role. Incredibly curious at the least. His offense under Caldwell was nothing short of terrible, and it seems that everyone around the league picked up on that because there's not even been so much as a reported whiff of interest in him as an OC since then.

He better get rid of his awful screen game in Miami because those WRs are better suited for downfield routes.

I think I can solve your curiosity with CC going to Miami to work with Gase.

CC will not be a traditional OC.     Gase will be the play caller.    Gase will devise most of the playbook with some help from CC.       On game day, I'm guessing that CC will be the "eyes in the sky" in the press box calling down to Gase telling him what defenses are, and are not doing.     He'll make recommendations,  but ultimately, it will be Gase who makes the call.   

I don't see CC coming in,  setting up the playbook,  and calling plays instead of Gase.     I'll be beyond shocked if that happens....     seriously.

I think I can solve your curiosity with CC going to Miami to work with Gase.

CC will not be a traditional OC.     Gase will be the play caller.    Gase will devise most of the playbook with some help from CC.       On game day, I'm guessing that CC will be the "eyes in the sky" in the press box calling down to Gase telling him what defenses are, and are not doing.     He'll make recommendations,  but ultimately, it will be Gase who makes the call.   

I don't see CC coming in,  setting up the playbook,  and calling plays instead of Gase.     I'll be beyond shocked if that happens....     seriously.

I dunno. It takes a special HC to be able to call the plays on one side of the ball and keep everything in check.

But if that's the case, it still doesn't make a ton of sense because that would mean his duties there are basically the same as what they are here, and he'd be trading out doing that with Luck to do that with Tannehill.

I'll openly admit I think Tannehill is better than he gets flack for being, but if I had the choice between working with him, and working with Luck, that's not gonna be a very tough decision.

On 1/17/2016 at 0:26 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I addressed the 2015 Andrew Luck performance in a Pep Hamilton post last night.    Sorry,  I should've included it here,  was not trying to avoid the obvious.

Only to say that Christensen has done some good, and far more than people here know.    

NFL coaching staffs are NOT places for charity cases.     No one keeps a coach they think is bad or unhelpful.   And they certainly don't put that guy as the position coach of the franchise quarterback.    It's as if they think we've kept him around because he's a good guy and if we don't retain him he'll soon be standing on a street corner holding a sign that says....

"Will coach for food!   Please help!"

That doesn't happen in the NFL.     Yes,  there are poor coaches in the league,  and pretty soon it becomes obvious and they get fired.     The guy has been in the NFL for more than 15 years.    Have all of CC's bosses for all that time been wrong?      All the fans are right?     All the bosses are wrong?

What are the chances of that happening?

Yes the Colts kept Clyde, but not in the same capacity.  He was essentially demoted from being OC to being QB Coach.  if they felt he was a good coordinator, then they would have kept him in the same capacity.  However, he was not a good coordinator.  

Now as I said previously, I wouldn't have gone so far as to say I wanted him to be fired from being QB coach, though I have always thought he could be upgraded.   I do think he should have been fired during the rest of the house cleaning back in early 2012 though, and had he been kept on as OC I would absolutely have wanted him fired and replaced.

On 1/17/2016 at 10:59 AM, masterlock said:

Hopefully you can go back some day and reread this and wonder what the ___  heck was i thinking.
  But i do agree, someone else needs to try to fix him.

It was fun watching all these good QB`s this weekend.
 Except for Manning , they ALL consistently threw the ball to the numbers, stomach area or lower.
  Manning got great at that starting year 6, so let us hope we see that someday soon.

On 1/17/2016 at 1:30 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I'm fine with Clyde moving on.     I'm really fine with a new voice for Andrew's QB coach.    I'm really OK with it.

But the "good riddance" line for Clyde, for Pep, for the OL coach who just got fired...   all of that makes my blood boil. 

I don't know what anyone here thinks they should've been seeing from Clyde as the QB coach?    Most here don't know what a QB does during the week, or during the game.     And I've already noted that Luck cut his interceptions in '13 and raised his TD passes the year after.     Seems to be we saw improvement from Luck but no one wants to give Christensen any credit.

It's the same old thing....   with so many posters,  once they decide someone sucks,  that guy sucks from now until the end of time.    They refuse or won't see any improvement.     It's exhausting.

He also then proceeded to throw 7 in 2 post season games. Just saying