Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suh or Ngata and Knighton

I think you could probably get Ngata and Knighton for close to the price. the run d would be improved but would you see 8 more sacks from those two or as a result of them being on the field? I would lean toward the two players but I'm not sure they'd play for 16m between the two of them, if they would I probably would go for them. The two players only generated 3 sacks them selves. Now from that could you say Mathis and newsome would benefit from that and be able to get at the QB more often. Suh is really talented I just wish he wasn't all about the money.

GIVE ME SUH. dont know why people think 4-3 vs 3-4 all of a sudden he's going to be a bust. he could be a hall of famer and he is entering his prime RIGHT NOW. Could care less about his on field fines or actions. We need a bully. It's not like he's out getting arrested for DUI's or assaults like our other players. A suspension is the risk you take with him but ONE superbowl is worth all of it.

Suh.  He's the type of player who can potentially make everyone around him better. 

If we somehow do land him, hopefully Mathis can somewhat return to form and Jonathan keeps coming on.  Mathis/Freeney/Suh, for example,  would have been devastating. 

I think Suh would be 13-16

Ngata 6-8

Knighton will get overpaid 6-8 aswell forsure

They could be close, But I still would rather have Suh.

For only 6-8 mil per year I'd definitely prefer Ngata. He fits the defense better than any other DT in free agency. And would allow us to still go out and get FS Devin McCourty and OG Clint Boling.

Sign all three.  I'm sure they could work out deals where all three could be signed and take up about $40 mill of this years cap, save the rest for signing draft picks and bada bing bada boom the Colts win the back to back SB, Ngata retires, Knighton gets injured and released and Suh gets traded for a top 5 draft pick.

Sign all three.  I'm sure they could work out deals where all three could be signed and take up about $40 mill of this years cap, save the rest for signing draft picks and bada bing bada boom the Colts win the back to back SB, Ngata retires, Knighton gets injured and released and Suh gets traded for a top 5 draft pick.

Simple enough.

With the possibility of Ngata being released the Colts could theoretically sign him and Knighton.  Would you rather the Colts sign both of them or sign Suh.  No indication any of this would happen just a hypothetical question.

I love Suh, but he's not JJ Watt....and he shouldn't get paid Watt money.  ...for that reason alone, i say no.....whether it's Ngata + Knighton ...or some other combo, it seems this a good time to be in need of free agency help along the defensive line. .....let's take advantage of that and get multiple players along the line.  .....plus we would still have the option to fill some other needs (Worilds, Hali..if he gets cut) ?  ....we can draft Goldman in RD1 or maybe even Brown...if he slides.  ...that would be a great new start to rebuilding the front 7.

Goldman or Brown

Ngata

Jones

plus Worilds/Hali  ....I have very little expectations for Mathis this year. 

we would still have money left over to  be competitive filling in other needs

Ngata and Knighton without a doubt.  They'd probably be cheaper and you get 2 solid players instead of 1 very good player.  Plus, Knighton and Ngata have played well in a 3-4 whereas we don't know how Suh will do in a 3-4.

We've seen the Colts try and get 2 "solid" players before it hasn't worked out too well. Knighton hasn't played in a 3-4 either. Don't mean to nitpick you here. Just saying.