Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suh or Ngata and Knighton

I was pounding the Suh drum earlier...I like his nastiness and believe we need some of that on this team.  However,  I also realize that he represents a substantial financial investment and risk given that we would be asking him to play a different scheme.  It seems the Colts are now having some reservations according to the article below...

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2015/03/05/indianapolis-colts-free-agency-ndamukong-suh/24439723/

If we could sign Ngata and Knighton vs. just Suh, I think it would be a no brainer to go for adding two guys to help the defense as opposed to one.  Especially if they make more sense financially and are already proven in the 3-4 scheme.  This team has several other needs so we can't afford to invest it all in one place. 

or maybe Dan williams instead of Knighton.

I like Dan Williams better than Knighton also.  Ngata if he becomes available and Dan Williams would improve the defense and potentially make it better for cheaper.  Both guys are already accustomed to playing in the 3-4.  I'd be stoked if we added those two guys.

So no to a guy that has vastly improved?

No to guy who finally started to play 5 yrs into his career. I would be scared to death once Knighton got his money he would show up to camp 400 lbs. Seen a lot of fat guys who prove the doubters wrong for a couple seasons....then revert back to who they really are.

No to guy who finally started to play 5 yrs into his career. I would be scared to death once Knighton got his money he would show up to camp 400 lbs. Seen a lot of fat guys who prove the doubters wrong for a couple seasons....then revert back to who they really are.

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no way to know what he'll do.  Certainly he's not broke now, so surely he's had plenty of opportunity to let himself go. So far he's on his game.

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no way to know what he'll do.  Certainly he's not broke now, so there's nothing stopping him from eating.

I don't have a crystal ball? Well, thanks for that info. For the record, that's why I said I would be scared to death to sign him...I didn't say it was a sure thing.

If we sign Knighton there should definitely be some strong language in the contract about performance and weight; and if he isn't willing to sign off on that than I would question his devotion and probably would not sign him.