Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans QB Jake Locker might not play against the Colts [Merge]

MTC

Surely this is his make or break season. If the Titans carry on as they have and they've got a high pick surely they blow it up at QB? What is to it cut him next season 4 Mill in dead money?

This is his last year under contract. Four year rookie deal. And the Titans declined his 5th year option.

He was good in Week 1. Regressed mightily the past two games, and maybe that's due to injury, I don't know. But at this rate, he's not a Titan after this year. A shame, too, because he has talent, and he's super athletic.

This is his last year under contract. Four year rookie deal. And the Titans declined his 5th year option.

He was good in Week 1. Regressed mightily the past two games, and maybe that's due to injury, I don't know. But at this rate, he's not a Titan after this year. A shame, too, because he has talent, and he's super athletic.

Talent, super athletic, can't stay healthy... Sound like another young QB you know?

I'm sure if the Titans let go someone will pick him up as a backup at the very least, hard to get injured on the bench!

Inability to grip the ball and soreness..?

I don't know about football, but in baseball, those are signs of ligament damage. Tommy John surgery time..?

Kinda confusing. Don't think i've ever seen that in football

Edit: or maybe it's just nerve damage. Either way, stinks for Locker

Did Locker get hurt again?   I seem to recall that Whitehurst is one of those backups that can string a few good games together.

Yeah, Locker suffered a wrist injury in the Cincy game. The reason Whitehurst might start is due to questionable injury status. If Locker misses significant time to injury again, however, he is likely done in Tennessee.

Well, that's not good.  If our past teaches us anything, it's that we have a tendency to let backup quarterbacks have career days.  I guess it's all part of hoosier hospitality, sometimes our good will towards others comes back to bite us in the butt. 

Dear Colts,  it is acceptable and appropriate to make a back up quarterback cry, no need to boost their confidence by blowing the game...okay?

I don't think this will happen. It's a bluff by the Titans.

Albeit a good bluff, because Locker has always done well against us.

Locker has also turned it over at crucial times against us, so I don't think it is a bluff. You don't lose at home 10-26 vs the Cowboys' D that timidly. Locker is a big part of their problems right now. He had a good game 1 but has been regressing progressively.

I don't think this will happen. It's a bluff by the Titans.

Albeit a good bluff, because Locker has always done well against us.

By always do you mean the 1 career game Locker played in against Indy?  That one game in which he quite possibly threw the worst INT I have ever seen that Vaughn returned 3 whole yards for an TD?

I doubt it will happen.

Like someone said, any time a backup QB plays (and it's not just against us. It happens all the time throughout the league. See: Kirk Cousins) they usually fare well. Defenses don't know what to expect from them because they haven't been preparing for them.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2014/9/22/6829195/jake-locker-injured-hand-vs-bengals-status-for-sunday-unknown

of note, Whizenhunt state that Locker was barely capable of gripping a football at the end of the game on Sunday. Whitehurst is a real possibility if the MRI comes back badly.