Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions.

Stephen

Bold Predictions

Only two QB's make the roster - Richardson and Minshew

Only three RB's make the roster - Taylor, Moss, Hull

Mo Alie-Cox gets traded and/or released in favor of Woods, Ogletree, Gransen and Mallory

All three rookie CB's make the roster and by mid-season both Brents and Rush are starters on the boundaries

UDFA Emil Ekiyor makes the roster and is the Day 1 starter at RG

Tyquan Lewis gets released in favor of Khalid Kareem 

Isaiah McKenzie gets released in favor of Josh Downs

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think Downs is going to dominate.  

I think his rookie season will be better than Pittman's and Pierce's. 

I think his rookie season will be better than hilton's

3 hours ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

They start Minshew, and he plays exceptionally well and they have a QB controversy.

I started a thread a while back that basically posed that question.  If Minshew starts and they’re winning, they have to stay with him.  

But I’m getting the feeling that if AR15 looks even competent during the preseason, he’s starting game 1. 

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I started a thread a while back that basically posed that question.  If Minshew starts and they’re winning, they have to stay with him.  

But I’m getting the feeling that if AR15 looks even competent during the preseason, he’s starting game 1. 

They would probably still bring Richardson in on certain plays. 

But my guess is Richardson starts sooner than later. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Colts are picking in the top 5 again and this forum has another multi hundreds page thread debating if we should draft another QB. 

If we ended up with a top 2 pick... THAT would make for a very difficult offseason with even more fighting than we got over the prospects this year lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Colts are picking in the top 5 again and this forum has another multi hundreds page thread debating if we should draft another QB. 

Unless AR completely sucks, and he might or might not, I think we’re 3 years  away from that discussion.

so I think it potentially plays out like Mannnings first season, 3-13 . So at that point, I think you trade out of the top 5, stay top 10, get the BPA at a high value position other than QB and roll

• Like 2

1. AR starts every game.

2. AR has at least 10 rushing TDs, coming just short of Cam’s QB rushing TD record.

3. We finish with a record below .500

4. Jelani Woods has at least 800 yards and 5 TDs.

5. This is Kenny and Mo’s last season wearing the horseshoe.

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

What if we have the top pick, but AR looks like he is going to be really good? Do you trade down for a team’s entire soul? I personally think you have to, but it’s difficult if you have a potentially generational QB available to draft.

8 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

What if we have the top pick, but AR looks like he is going to be really good? Do you trade down for a team’s entire soul? I personally think you have to, but it’s difficult if you have a potentially generational QB available to draft.

This is what I would do. 

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Unless AR completely sucks, and he might or might not, I think we’re 3 years  away from that discussion.

so I think it potentially plays out like Mannnings first season, 3-13 . So at that point, I think you trade out of the top 5, stay top 10, get the BPA at a high value position other than QB and roll

I think it all depends on what the coaches think of AR and how highly graded the QB available is.  If we think someone is generational meaning HOF and AR is looking competent but needs a couple more seasons to fully know how good…you take the new QB.  Not ideal at all getting a buttload of picks would be great as well. Man I hope we win 5-6 games and AR looks like he is our guy and avoid all of that. I will even take picking #3 or 4 again and getting one of the best non QB prospects in the draft.  Hopefully a WR or DE. 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:19 AM, sb41champs said:

Anthony Richardson "puts the pedal to the meddle" and starts opening day!!

I'd love a play action bomb from him to Pierce on the first play of opening day in Lucas Oil Stadium.  The crowd would go nuts if that worked!

On 5/5/2023 at 9:44 AM, Stephen said:

What are your bold predictions? Mine is Josh Downs breaks t.y.hilton rookie yardage record and marvin harrison rookie td record

Colts win the division first time in 8-9 years 

• Like 1

Well.... the bold predictions all the way from Denmark is here.

I have looked at three things, that in my opinion, can/will affect the outcome of our season.

1. Who do we play?

2. What to expect from AR?

3. Our Strengths and Weaknesses?

So here we go.

We play the 4th weakest schedule in 2023, which in many ways gives us a better chance to win some games in 2023. Besides Burrow, Lamar, Jennifer Lawrence (2 games) and Deshaun Watson, we don't really face any great QB's, that really scares me. 

Well, I don't think that Steichen will throw the entire playbook after AR in the first half of the season, and that AR needs time to settle in. So I'll expect them to focus on his throws early on, and keep it simple with a high dose of JT in the first half of the season. I honestly don't think they will let AR loose and make him run that much, so unless he just explodes and teams can't find a way to stop him, I think AR will have a rather mediocre rookie season.

Our Defence is hard to judge right now, as it in my opinion depends a lot of Shaq Leonards status and I honestly don't know, how good or bad our D# is.

The O-line took a huge step back and again, does it become better or worse this season is really hard to predict.

What we do know, is that AR will have way better WR's to throw to, and that JT will be ready to ball out this season, so our offence will be okay and competitive enough to win us some games. 

I do miss a Greg Olsen kind of TE, like Cam Newton had in Carolina, so thats in my opinion our weakest position on the offensive side.

With all that said, I predict that we will go 6-11 or 7-10 in 2023, which in my opinion will be okay. Any better record than that will be a huge success fo me, as I just don't believe that we are that close to be competitive as some argue that the colts are. 

We simply lack to many playmakers in key positions for us to be competitive this coming season.     

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Well.... the bold predictions all the way from Denmark is here.

I have looked at three things, that in my opinion, can/will affect the outcome of our season.

1. Who do we play?

2. What to expect from AR?

3. Our Strengths and Weaknesses?

So here we go.

We play the 4th weakest schedule in 2023, which in many ways gives us a better chance to win some games in 2023. Besides Burrow, Lamar, Jennifer Lawrence (2 games) and Deshaun Watson, we don't really face any great QB's, that really scares me. 

Well, I don't think that Steichen will throw the entire playbook after AR in the first half of the season, and that AR needs time to settle in. So I'll expect them to focus on his throws early on, and keep it simple with a high dose of JT in the first half of the season. I honestly don't think they will let AR loose and make him run that much, so unless he just explodes and teams can't find a way to stop him, I think AR will have a rather mediocre rookie season.

Our Defence is hard to judge right now, as it in my opinion depends a lot of Shaq Leonards status and I honestly don't know, how good or bad our D# is.

The O-line took a huge step back and again, does it become better or worse this season is really hard to predict.

What we do know, is that AR will have way better WR's to throw to, and that JT will be ready to ball out this season, so our offence will be okay and competitive enough to win us some games. 

I do miss a Greg Olsen kind of TE, like Cam Newton had in Carolina, so thats in my opinion our weakest position on the offensive side.

With all that said, I predict that we will go 6-11 or 7-10 in 2023, which in my opinion will be okay. Any better record than that will be a huge success fo me, as I just don't believe that we are that close to be competitive as some argue that the colts are. 

We simply lack to many playmakers in key positions for us to be competitive this coming season.     

I agree with all this, it's just not bold in any way lol. Would be a nice post in another thread IMO.

My bold prediction is Richardson will surprise a lot of people this year. I think he will have better rookie year than Josh Allen or Jalen Hurts had. And he will have a better year than he had in Florida. You know how I was harping on all those QBs who had low efficiency first year starting in college but made strides in their second and third year? Well my bold prediction is Richardson has his "second year" jump directly in the pros. He will have better weapons with the Colts, he will have much better coaching and he will have an offensive system directly suited and built for him. I'm cautiously optimistic for the OL taking a step in the right direction with a new coach too.

• Like 2

My bold predictions:

• Richardson will start either first game in October or vs Carolina, whichever comes first.  He will start a majority of the games, regardless.
  • Downs will be a day-1 starter in the slot.  I don't think he'll beat TY's rookie receiving record, however.
  • Leonard will continue to have injury issues, will continue to not play up to his own standards, and will finish on the injured list again.
  • Emil Ekiyor will make a good case to start in front of Fries.  And will start by the end of the year.  (Please note, I didn't say he would play well, just play better than Fries.)
  • Taylor will return to the top 5 rushers, and return to the pro bowl.  I don't think he'll have the rushing title, though.
  • Brents will start by mid-season.  Earlier, if his wrist injury is gone by training camp.
  • Colts will finally win in Jacksonville.  Will also beat Carolina. 
  • Colts will also have no evening games.  None.
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 9:14 AM, CheezyColt said:

If we ended up with a top 2 pick... THAT would make for a very difficult offseason with even more fighting than we got over the prospects this year lol

If we have a top 2 pick...I'd trade AR and take either Williams or Maye and not look back

1 minute ago, coltsblue1844 said:

If we have a top 2 pick...I'd trade AR and take either Williams or Maye and not look back

I'm sure we would likely trade back...just saying what I'd do.

Then again, I wanted to keep Peyton and trade the #1 when we drafted Luck...I loved Luck, but he barely played longer than Peyton did, when it was all said and done

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

• Colts will also have no evening games.  None.

I don’t think this one is actually possible. Aren’t all teams supposed to play at least one Thursday night game? I thought that was a part of the Thursday night package…

Even if not, with a high-hype rookie QB like Richardson the networks and the league are going to want to introduce him in prime time during his rookie season. There will be a couple. Probably later in the season. Maybe even one of those late-season Saturday night games after the college season ends. 

• Like 4