Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions.

Stephen

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

My bold predictions:

• Richardson will start either first game in October or vs Carolina, whichever comes first.  He will start a majority of the games, regardless.
  • Downs will be a day-1 starter in the slot.  I don't think he'll beat TY's rookie receiving record, however.
  • Leonard will continue to have injury issues, will continue to not play up to his own standards, and will finish on the injured list again.
  • Emil Ekiyor will make a good case to start in front of Fries.  And will start by the end of the year.  (Please note, I didn't say he would play well, just play better than Fries.)
  • Taylor will return to the top 5 rushers, and return to the pro bowl.  I don't think he'll have the rushing title, though.
  • Brents will start by mid-season.  Earlier, if his wrist injury is gone by training camp.
  • Colts will finally win in Jacksonville.  Will also beat Carolina. 
  • Colts will also have no evening games.  None.

I think every team has  at least one Thursday night game.

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

My bold predictions:

• Richardson will start either first game in October or vs Carolina, whichever comes first.  He will start a majority of the games, regardless.
  • Downs will be a day-1 starter in the slot.  I don't think he'll beat TY's rookie receiving record, however.
  • Leonard will continue to have injury issues, will continue to not play up to his own standards, and will finish on the injured list again.
  • Emil Ekiyor will make a good case to start in front of Fries.  And will start by the end of the year.  (Please note, I didn't say he would play well, just play better than Fries.)
  • Taylor will return to the top 5 rushers, and return to the pro bowl.  I don't think he'll have the rushing title, though.
  • Brents will start by mid-season.  Earlier, if his wrist injury is gone by training camp.
  • Colts will finally win in Jacksonville.  Will also beat Carolina. 
  • Colts will also have no evening games.  None.

If richardson starts taylor probably has rushing title

32 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Irsay sings the National Anthem before 1st home game.

Now that is a bold prediction lol

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If richardson starts taylor probably has rushing title

I think this is counter-intuitive but if Richardson starts Taylor's volume probably goes down because he will be sharing designed runs with the QB, around whom the offense is built. His efficiency might go up though... both of their efficiency running the ball might be sky high...

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think this is counter-intuitive but if Richardson starts Taylor's volume probably goes down because he will be sharing designed runs with the QB, around whom the offense is built. His efficiency might go up though... both of them's probably... 

It be like rg3 rookie year when the threat of him running helped his running backs. I think taylor has more home run plays if richardson starts which is why he could potentially lead the league in rushing

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree with all this, it's just not bold in any way lol. Would be a nice post in another thread IMO.

Okay... well... then my bold prediction will be: 

We win game 1 at New England with 28-23 after being down 23-0 going into the 4th quarter. 

Steichen let's Richardson loose and he thrash the pats with 4 rushing TD´s grind the goal post after the win, while singing Bahamens song - Who let the dogs out ;) 

3 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Okay... well... then my bold prediction will be: 

We win game 1 at New England with 28-23 after being down 23-0 going into the 4th quarter. 

Steichen let's Richardson loose and he thrash the pats with 4 rushing TD´s grind the goal post after the win, while singing Bahamens song - Who let the dogs out ;) 

Now that's bold! haha 

After Richardson’s first bad game, multiple people here lose their minds and call him a bust and demand Ballard to be fired.  

no colts receiver goes over 80 catches/1000 yards.  

Leonard misses multiple games with injury. 

we make a trade before regular season opener 

our Oline is noticeably better than last year. 

19 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I think every team has  at least one Thursday night game.

18 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Which one do you think it will be?  Carolina?  and pit Young vs Richardson; Reich vs his old team?

I thought the Thursday games are usually against divisional rivals, but I could see the schedule writers ensuring a Reich vs Colts contest in primetime, most likely on a Sunday night or flexed if it's later in the season and both teams are doing good.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, John Waylon said:

I don’t think this one is actually possible. Aren’t all teams supposed to play at least one Thursday night game? I thought that was a part of the Thursday night package…

Even if not, with a high-hype rookie QB like Richardson the networks and the league are going to want to introduce him in prime time during his rookie season. There will be a couple. Probably later in the season. Maybe even one of those late-season Saturday night games after the college season ends. 

Interestingly enough, this came up in Peter King’s new FMIA column this week, and apparently this did in fact quietly change in March:

I would not expect every team to have a Thursday night game on Amazon this year. The league traditionally has made Thursday night the receptacle for bad teams once a year to play in prime time. But now that the league passed a rule in March allowing teams to play short-week Thursday games twice instead of once, that could empower the league to eliminate some of the teams that look like bad ones from prime time in favor of maxing out some teams with two Thursday games. So Arizona might be left out this year, and maybe Tampa Bay or Houston. Stronger teams could find two Amazon games on the schedule, which would serve two purposes—strengthening a streaming schedule the NFL badly wants to work for Amazon, and giving good but not great teams with major national followings (Pittsburgh or Green Bay or New England, perhaps, this year) another primetime appearance.

Even with that said, I fully expect we’ll get a Thursday game for the reasons I mentioned.