Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which 1 play will people remember in here that ruined our season?

2006Coltsbestever

What a grueling season, it ended up disappointing but at least we were playing for something until the last game. My 1 play would be when Wentz missed TY wide open against the Raiders. TY would've scored and game over and we clinch last week. We rest everyone this week and treat it like a Bye and go into the playoffs healthy. 

The miss FG at Baltimore to win it too is 1b to me. This a thread based on only 1 play though. Others may have different plays, chime in.

Tyquan Lewis blowing his knee out AND fumbled the ball to turn the Titans game around. Losing a guy that was finally turning the corner on the pass rush front which was still anemic and most chances at a division title gone then  was the biggest one.

Then Blankenship coming up short on the game winning FG chance.

Then Shaq Barrett forced fumble turning Bucs game around.

Our team found a way to lose games throughout the year. Then the last 2 games it got worse. 

7 minutes ago, GoHorse1992 said:

Wentz missing a wide open TY last week that most likely would have gone to the house and put us in the playoffs.

i can think of ten plus plays wentz blew the season with the titans back to back picks the bucs pick .  the guy just had a off year  i am afraid that is who he  really is and just stinks .  he has about one more year to turn it around or ballard will drop him faster than jacoby

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i can think of ten plus plays wentz blew the season with the titans back to back picks the bucs pick .  the guy just had a off year  i am afraid that is who he  really is and just stinks .  he has about one more year to turn it around or ballard will drop him faster than jacoby

According to experts the reunion has been the best for Wentz and this has been one of the successful year for Wentz, this worries me if this is his best then we are in for a long ride. 

For the OP, 

Where to start, shovel passes to Donald (Rams)

Wentz INT against Titans try to play hero ball for TD by Molden

Wentz INT in OT against Titans by Byard

Wentz missing wide open TY for possible TD against Raiders

Using injured K for Ravens game not sure who to blame there but cost us the game getting blocked by Calais could possibly put us 2 point lead with only 4 mins remaining. 

23 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

dont think ballard will drop him, we have too much invested in him

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Tyquan Lewis blowing his knee out AND fumbled the ball to turn the Titans game around. Losing a guy that was finally turning the corner on the pass rush front which was still anemic and most chances at a division title gone then  was the biggest one.

Then Blankenship coming up short on the game winning FG chance.

Then Shaq Barrett forced fumble turning Bucs game around.

Our team found a way to lose games throughout the year. Then the last 2 games it got worse. 

Damn good call, I didn't think of that.

I personally don't hang a season on a play. That is just venting and a lesson in futility. 

Successful seasons or seasons that fall short of expectations, are about hundreds of both good and bad plays. 

Had a lot of fun this year. I'm proud of the way this franchise is being built, and I look forward to what the offseason brings to right the ship and bring improvement. 

Draft season begins!

A lot of good ones listed but if I had to pick one Wentz missing TY is fitting.  

The left hand pass for a pick six might be more fitting except that was better than taking a safety at the time. 

Lewis blowing out his knee without being touched would be my honorable mention. 

10 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I personally don't hang a season on a play. That is just venting and a lesson in futility. 

Successful seasons or seasons that fall short of expectations, are about hundreds of both good and bad plays. 

Had a lot of fun this year. I'm proud of the way this franchise is being built, and I look forward to what the offseason brings to right the ship and bring improvement. 

Draft season begins!

Oh this thread wasn't meant for blaming anyone but I made the thread just thinking back about if we could have 1 play back. I wanted to see what people would say.

Mine is the second game against the Titans.   I put this on Reich.  

Up 14-0 this a 3rd and 3 around midfield.   Not only does Reich choose not to run Taylor on 3rd down, he chooses to go for it on 4th and 3 and still doesn't give the ball to Taylor.   I believe if the Colts would have punted, they would have won the game.  Reich also called a game with 54 pass plays and 16 run plays for Taylor.  

Archived