Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It was TY who pushed the official

Restinpeacesweetchloe

23 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I never would of suspected that.  Maybe a accident but it looks deliberate. 

I think he thought it was a Pats player. The ref was pushing into TY to try and get into the scrum to break up the fight, and he likely thought it was a Pats player and so he pushed them off of him not realizing it was a ref. That’s probably why the refs didn’t eject him, they realized it wasn’t intentional. And of course Belichick whines about it. Hopefully the NFL doesn’t punish him, Pittman is already in hot water.

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think he knew who he was pushing, he doesn't appear to look at him. I wonder how the league handles it.

I kind of agree. I was thinking it looked like maybe he thought it was a pats player and just trying to keep him out of the scrum. Then he pushed just hard enough for official to fall down.

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

It was an accident. They were both in a scrum pile and TY fell right afterwards. Highly doubt he's suspended. At worst he's fined.

I agree. TY is probably fined, so will Pittman and Dugger, IMO. I don't think there will be any suspension.

I just rewatched the full play.  It looks like dugger's arm went over pittmans head when he was trying to release from the block.  Duggar may have taken it too far and pulled at the helmet with his elbow but it wasn't outrageous.   Pittman took offense and pushed him from behind and then Dugger knocked the helmet off.  

I originally didn't think Pitt should have been ejected but it isn't outlandish that he was when you look at the whole sequence.  

TY clearly wasn't intentional, but intent isn't part of the rule.  Still, it was already reviewed during the game so i don't expect further repercussions.

23 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I think he thought it was a Pats player. The ref was pushing into TY to try and get into the scrum to break up the fight, and he likely thought it was a Pats player and so he pushed them off of him not realizing it was a ref. That’s probably why the refs didn’t eject him, they realized it wasn’t intentional. And of course Belichick whines about it. Hopefully the NFL doesn’t punish him, Pittman is already in hot water.

Agree with this take. He never looks that way. Looks obvious he didn't know it was an official.  Heat of the moment reaction. Hope nothing comes of it.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I don't think he knew who he was pushing, he doesn't appear to look at him. I wonder how the league handles it.

Agree. It looks like he thought he thought he was trying to stop another player from getting into the scrum.

The punch that Judon throws while jumping onto the pile where Carson got the first down was much worse.  How can that go unnoticed?

No way was that intentional. He never looked at the guy. And the "push" was just more to clear space then let's beef kind of push. 

I say he gets nothing since he didn't know it was a ref and he was trying to defuse the situation. 

2 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Why is Pittman in hot water? I would think nfl should send him an apology. Dugger should get suspended a game and Van Noy should get a fine. Judon should also face a fine and maybe a suspension. 

I bet Ty gets fined, though I don't think it is deserved. 

3 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

It doesn't look intentional to me. It looks like TY was trying to get players off the pile and didn't realize it was a ref that was standing there. Don't think it warrants a suspension, maybe a fine at most. 

I agree. TY has probably seen this by now on replay and is probably like WTH I had no idea I did that. It was a rough physical game.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

According to Belichick, the league rule is if you touch the ref, intentional OR NOT,  doesn’t matter,  you get ejected.   Period.  

Says it’s been that way for a few years. 

Perhaps TY only gets a fine?  

Yeah he will probably get fined. But I don't think it was intentional.

I’ll put this in this thread….

Even a New England writer noted another person who could’ve been ejected and perhaps now will be fined like TYH, is Kyle Van Noy.   He gave a big two-hand shove to the back of a Colts player in the middle of the scrum. 

Let’s look for this as well when the league hands down punishment. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ll put this in this thread….

Even a New England writer noted another person who could’ve been ejected and perhaps now will be fined like TYH, is Kyle Van Noy.   A gave a big two-hand shove to the back of a Colts player in the middle of the scrum. 

Let’s look for this as well when the league hands down punishment. 

Poor TY didn't even mean to do it is my guess. You know how people are like I do but he will get fined because he did what he did.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Accidental, not knowing, thinking it’s a Pats player are excuses that won’t hold up.  You can’t do that to an official period.  He should have been tossed and while I loath to agree with the hoody I have the same question he does.  We will see if the NFL suspends or fines him.

He will be fined and should be, if he gets suspended I would be shocked. 

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Accidental, not knowing, thinking it’s a Pats player are excuses that won’t hold up.  You can’t do that to an official period.  He should have been tossed and while I loath to agree with the hoody I have the same question he does.  We will see if the NFL suspends or fines him.

I disagree in the heat of the moment you don't know who is running up on you what Hilton did was natural for the situation. He pushed an unknown person back in an attempt to deescalate the situation. That is not the same as looking at the ref and pushing them on purpose because you want to fight

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I disagree in the heat of the moment you don't know who is running up on you what Hilton did was natural for the situation. He pushed an unknown person back in an attempt to deescalate the situation. That is not the same as looking at the ref and pushing them on purpose because you want to fight

You can’t put your hands on the officials.  We’ve seen players accidentally bump an official in the heat of the moment and get tossed let alone shove them to the ground.  TY should have been tossed.

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You can’t put your hands on the officials.  We’ve seen players accidentally bump an official in the heat of the moment and get tossed let alone shove them to the ground.  TY should have been tossed.

Maybe they got ty and pitman mixed up. Pittman shouldn’t have been and Ty should have been

Looks to me like TY is pushed from his left into the ref on his right. If you crash into the car in front of you and they crash into the car ahead of them. You caused the accident between to two front cars right? It looks like BB wants to blame the middle car.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Pretty sure his footing was compromised, either someone on his foot or someone right behind his foot. 

That's what it looked like to me. The slightest push backwards and he was falling backwards. It looked more egregious than it was. I wish there was a camera angle on the other side so you could see it more clearly. I think he'll get a fine for contacting a ref, but a suspension would be way too far.

I wish TY would show the same physicality towards opposing players as he does towards the refs. Time to hang them up. And yes, he should be suspended. He thrrew down a ref, and it didn't matter if it was intentional or not. People make choices, and he may be held accountable for his actions.

Archived