Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Houston Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't think they've changed the rule. Which is why I was shocked noone else was ruled out due to being high risk close contact. My guess (complete unsubstantiated speculation) is that the NFL doesn't really care that much and they are implementing rules for PR purposes that they don't really enforce unless it's going to cause a big PR hit on them(i.e. Antonio Brown, Aaron Rodgers type of situations). For example, I wouldn't be surprised if every outdoor activity or training session is not counted as close contact... which makes it much easier to get a whole OLine and QB playing when their center tests positive. But oh well... 

I get your point brother but the NFL isn't going to keep a good QB or great RB out over close contact. They need to test positive. It may not makes sense but the NFL is a money making product. In 2 weeks when we play NE, they aren't keeping anyone out that doesn't test positive because of ratings.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best game by the defense all year but some of that was the Texans being the worst offensive team I’ve seen in the NFL for a long time.  Still eight quarters vs any team and giving up 3 points is impressive.  
Taylor doing Taylor type things.

I would have liked to see a few more play action shots but maybe the Colts just didn’t do it because they didn’t have to and are saving it for the stretch run I don’t know.

Pittman was good when they did throw it.

Pinter played very well.

Kenny Moore is play much better lately than he has most of the season.

wonder if Hot Rod comes comes back now that Badgley missed.

All and all colts did what they needed to do to get a W on the road vs a bad time and no major injuries heading into the bye week before the four game stretch to finish the year.

1 hour ago, Les Poulains said:

If there's a negative to find in a 31-0 win, it's that it's ridiculous that you give your very valuable running back 32 carries. Nuts. Yeah, good for his numbers, but come on.

Oh please after listening to people whine and moan all last week that the Colts didn’t run Taylor enough the Colts do exactly what the fans say they should have done last week and now the fans are whining he did it too much.  Some here just like to whine and it shows.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Oh please after listening to people whine and moan all last week that the Colts didn’t run Taylor enough the Colts do exactly what the fans say they should have done last week and now the fans are whining he did it too much.  Some here just like to whine and it shows.

Again... people are complaining about lack of balance. 

You see people simply complaining about JT not getting carries. That's only a component of the issue folks don't like. 

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok, Frank knows what he is doing, TY know his body, and yeah balance is great. I should go over every game played this year by every team where most coaches didn't have balance. I could make this whole site go Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

kool aid 80s GIF

6 minutes ago, twfish said:

I swear this fan base :facepalm:  we went on the road and won 31-0 and people are still complaining…..

Most people that are actually providing post game thoughts (the reason for the thread), are overly positive. 

But pointing out that JT had 32 carries (which was only one of my 10 post game thoughts) is a fair point to discuss, along with many others.

And quite simply, all topics are relevant. It's not a sunshine only world, or thread lol.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Where is this extreme negativity people are talking about?

Oh, people are saying would’ve been nice if JT got benched earlier? How awful and pessimistic.

I’m beyond tired of this “this board is getting worse and worse” shtick. 

Being blown entirely out of proportion and taken completely out of context. 

At least it’s consistent. 

I can’t imagine being so afraid to acknowledge some truths like “it’s still not as balanced as it needs to be” or “Fisher played like a total jabroni today” just because we won. 

Winning does not equal a perfect effort. 

We beat up on an expansion team today. Maybe we should save hurting our arms patting ourselves on the back for beating a good team. 

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

And theyre the most vocal bunch too.

Pretty sure there's plenty of vocals on the other side too. 

This is thread to talk about all positives and all negatives. 

Yes, we won in comfortable fashion against arguably the worst team in the league.

And that's great. Doesn't erase the few things that aren't positives.

If folks can't handle critical discussion of real things, they should just stay out of this thread. Or create their own sunshine world thread. Pretty simple. Don't click.

22 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Where is this extreme negativity people are talking about?

Oh, people are saying would’ve been nice if JT got benched earlier? How awful and pessimistic.

I’m beyond tired of this “this board is getting worse and worse” shtick. 

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Being blown entirely out of proportion and taken completely out of context. 

At least it’s consistent. 

I can’t imagine being so afraid to acknowledge some truths like “it’s still not as balanced as it needs to be” or “Fisher played like a total jabroni today” just because we won. 

Winning does not equal a perfect effort. 

We beat up on an expansion team today. Maybe we should save hurting our arms patting ourselves on the back for beating a good team. 

It doesn't matter that every coach preaches balance. 

Doesn't matter that we haven't been balanced this week, last week, or some other past games.

Dare to suggest we need to be what every coach preaches, and suddenly "the board has become an awful place lately"...

soft-kobe-bryant.gif

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

We’ve been screaming for BALANCE - 50/50 or even 60/40 in favor of the pass. It’s been said multiple times in multiple threads - 100s of times by now. Why this is so difficult to grasp is beyond me… :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It doesn't matter that every coach preaches balance. 

Doesn't matter that we haven't been balanced this week, last week, or some other past games.

Dare to suggest we need to be what every coach preaches, and suddenly "the board has become and awful place lately"...

soft-kobe-bryant.gif

Belichick has made a career out of not being balanced from game to game.     He attacks the weakness every game.   Might throw it 50 times might run it 50.   I'm guessing it balances out at the end of the season

In all topics sports, politics, life, everything, there will be realists who see the positives and negatives, pessimists who only want to see the negatives and optimists who only want to see the positives. These people often bump heads,  create arguments and discussion. Is that not the point of a forum? Why do people get so upset lol?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Belichick has made a career out of not being balanced from game to game.     He attacks the weakness every game.   Might throw it 50 times might run it 50.   I'm guessing it balances out at the end of the season

Ya know, that's a great point.

But I'd also point out that Belichick had the Goat, and Belichick is himself considered the Goat... 2 Goats.. 

And when Reich (0.333) has Belichick's playoff win % (0.721), a lot of folks probably won't question the basics. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Ya know, that's a great point.

But I'd also point out that Belichick had the Goat, and Belichick is himself considered the Goat... 2 Goats.. 

And when Reich (0.333) has Belichick's playoff win % (0.721), a lot of folks probably won't question the basics. 

Fair enough,   but it doesn't mean the philosophy is wrong.    I don't like seeing jt touch the ball as much as he did today,  I'm not sure why Mack hasn't been active the last few weeks

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wow

And yet, Kenny has had a very low PFF score for most of this season.   He’s been in the mid-50’s.    

When things like that happen and there are no obvious explanations, I think it’s an injury that the team is not talking about. 

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get your point brother but the NFL isn't going to keep a good QB or great RB out over close contact. They need to test positive. It may not makes sense but the NFL is a money making product. In 2 weeks when we play NE, they aren't keeping anyone out that doesn't test positive because of ratings.

Couldn’t help but hear Hulk Hogan’s voice as I read this…

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Fair enough,   but it doesn't mean the philosophy is wrong.    I don't like seeing jt touch the ball as much as he did today,  I'm not sure why Mack hasn't been active the last few weeks

I mean, jvan, be honest with me lol. Is it not a bit of an outlier/extreme for 26 straight passes last week, and 32 JT runs this week. 

I don't mind more passing than running, or vice versa. I just don't want extremes unless it's absolutely required. 

And quite frankly, extremes were not required today vs a horrible team. Just feels like huge swings every week. 

Belichick, honestly I can understand the method to his madness most games. He will go extreme occasionally, but not all the time. He was well within the 60/40 either way last game when they beat TN IIRC, and had great balance when they beat LAC on the road. 

52 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i think its the high expectations from last year and upgrading the QB .   i thought the team would have a great record by now .  With a win vs the patriots we are in a great spot still . 

This off-season, the Colts had to address or fix the four most difficult spots on the roster… 

QB, LT, RDE, LDE, while still getting better everywhere else.   And we’ve done that.   But some regression due to a new QB plus a LT coming off an Achilles injury plus rookies at DE were bound to come with a toll.   It took a long time to get everything right.   Sucks for us.  

Hopefully we make the playoffs, though I no longer expect to.   But the worst should be behind us.   Better days should be ahead. 

57 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

my review in the OP was 80% positive lol.. 

Not calling you out.  I always enjoy reading your posts. 

To be fair, everyone has a right to their opinions.  I just didn’t expect that much negativity after todays game.  

Archived