Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Houston Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stitches said:

I wonder how half of our antivaxxers(especially the OL and Wentz) aren't out as close contacts? 

Because close contacts means they weren’t closer then 6 feet for more then 10 or 15 minutes. It means they have done a good job staying far away and not being close for a extended period of time. Colts apparently took extra precautions when that incident happened in preseason. My guess is something like the trackers beeping after so long or something like that.

39 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Oh and forgot.....

Pinter wasn't half bad. I know he had one false start, and gave up one pressure (got CW knocked down), but overall, I thought he did really well. I didn't notice much drop off from Kelly. It's not that I was focusing in on him a lot, but I just didn't notice much bad... Which is a good thing for the young man. Gonna be interesting to see his grades. 

Hooray Pinter!!

I think we seriously have to consider moving on from Kelly. Not playing up to his contract and gets injured a lot.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get it but I am having fun with this because I think Frank made it an effort to run JT into the ground after last week because everyone was bashing him. Just a fun and common sense thing. 

Yup, but it's a narrative that the sunshine guys simply get wrong over and over again. Folks don't care if we throw it more than run it, or vice versa. They just don't want the extremes.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get it but I am having fun with this because I think Frank made it an effort to run JT into the ground after last week because everyone was bashing him. Just a fun and common sense thing. 

Nobody said JT should be run into the ground, people want a balanced offense not 25 passes in a row.

I promise you head coaches in the NFL don't game plan around fan/media reactions in prior weeks. Thats just a stupid take. Texans have the worst run defense in the league is probably closer to the reasoning.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is older, he knows his body, He is the 3rd greatest WR in Colts history. The Regular season to him is MEH. He knows what he is doing, I would do the same thing = pace, be careful not get injured. He had a catch in this game for 15 yards where he stretch out and dragged the feet like he did back in 2014. He will be fine.

Yeah ok. 

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fans bashing Frank, so Frank is like to Taylor = can you carry it 35 times to save me a week of nonsense criticism from silly fans.

No I’m not for him carrying it 35 times... balance is what is needed. 

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Houston was just loading the box which we expected. This week though, we didn't abandon, and kept at it. 

And yup, TY is likely gone. Still wouldn't be shocked if he signed a cheap/team friendly deal to try and hit some milestones. 

The Colts could hammer Taylor into a wall and play that methodical type of football. Frank goes into a game knowing he has to score a lot of points. He knew today that the Texans r crap on offense, so they could take the approach they did. U can't play that way against the good teams as they will b down early. Just my thoughts.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TY is fine, Vets pace themselves. We just need him healthy for round 1.

That makes no sense bc the Colts have been in playoff mode all year after an 0-3 start. They have to win 1 of the next 2 games (Moreso the Patriots) to even have a chance

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think we seriously have to consider moving on from Kelly. Not playing up to his contract and gets injured a lot.

I'm not there yet, not even close lol. But when his contract comes up, they better not make him #1 paid again. 

On Pinter, I think overall a good first start for him. Had a penalty, and looked to give up a QB knock down. But even with that, I noticed far more bad from Fisher than Pinter. Didn't really focus in on any one person though, and doubt I rewatch lol... Interested to see the grades though.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wonder how half of our antivaxxers(especially the OL and Wentz) aren't out as close contacts? 

It's because the players that haven't been vaccinated get tested before the game and if they test negative then the league can't keep them from playing - league rules. Kelly is the 1st player we have had all year that has tested positive, that is pretty good I would say in 14 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Because close contacts means they weren’t closer then 6 feet for more then 10 or 15 minutes. It means they have done a good job staying far away and not being close for a extended period of time. Colts apparently took extra precautions when that incident happened in preseason. My guess is something like the trackers beeping after so long or something like that.

I know I am just amazed they haven't accumulated 15 minutes next to each other during the week with practices and meetings, etc. Well, good for the Colts. At least, it seems like they have solid procedures to keep players away from eachother . 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Looks like he's a lock to be kept st least through 2022. Ca

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not there yet, not even close lol. But when his contract comes up, they better not make him #1 paid again. 

On Pinter, I think overall a good first start for him. Had a penalty, and looked to give up a QB knock down. But even with that, I noticed far more bad from Fisher than Pinter. Didn't really focus in on any one person though, and doubt I rewatch lol... Interested to see the grades though.

Looking at his contract , it's not even an option until the end of 2022. 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I know I am just amazed they haven't accumulated 15 minutes next to each other during the week with practices and meetings, etc. Well, good for the Colts. At least, it seems like they have solid procedures to keep players away from eachother . 

Now we just need to hold our breath the next week and hope nobody important gets it. Ten days is a long time so anyone who would get put  on the list by mid week would be out for NE. If Kelly is still unvaccinated that means he had a negative test Friday. If he ended up getting vaxed that would be a concern because that means this was his weekly test and might of been in building with it.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because the players that haven't been vaccinated get tested before the game and if they test negative then the league can't keep them from playing - league rules. Kelly is the 1st player we have had all year that has tested positive, that is pretty good I would say in 14 weeks. 

Is this true? Have they changed the rules? Because this was NOT the rule before. Before the rule was unvaccinated players that are high risk close contact get isolated and cannot play or participate in in-person team activities for 5 days even if their tests are negative. 

Just now, CR91 said:

Honestly, I was kinda getting bored. Don't get me wrong it was a great job by the colts, but Jesus the Texans are bad. Bill O'Brien ruined what could have been a championship team.

O'Brian made Watson what he is. He one numerous AFC South Champioonships. Yes he made some personal mistakes at the end but he won a lot

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Honestly, I was kinda getting bored. Don't get me wrong it was a great job by the colts, but Jesus the Texans are bad. Bill O'Brien ruined what could have been a championship team.

I was so bored. That was the most unexciting game. We blew them out and didn’t really have any amazing plays. We just slowly kept building lead.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah ok. 

No I’m not for him carrying it 35 times... balance is what is needed. 

Ok, Frank knows what he is doing, TY know his body, and yeah balance is great. I should go over every game played this year by every team where most coaches didn't have balance. I could make this whole site go Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Is this true? Have they changed the rules? Because this was NOT the rule before. Before the rule was unvaccinated players that are high risk close contact get isolated and cannot play or participate in in-person team activities for 5 days even if their tests are negative. 

No it’s not true. Unvaccinated players are subject to close contact. Bur clearly colts avoided it.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Well, Kelly tested positive and Wentz puts his hands under his rear end all day. Yes this is true. Wentz is unvaccinated last I look and he played today, so proof right there.

Kelly is a very good center who makes all the line calls.  He is under appreciated much like AC was. Pinter was Ok against the Texans.  But the Patriots are a different animal.  I would like to know who made all the line calls today.  Kelly’s absence was really noticeable in the first half.  The line looked out of sync.  If we needed to play a backup at center this was the game to do it. 

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

O'Brian made Watson what he is. He one numerous AFC South Champioonships. Yes he made some personal mistakes at the end but he won a lot

Watson didn't exactly fall off a cliff last year. He was still really good. Not much you can do when you get rid of Hopkins for what will probably go down as the worst trade in NFL history and you try to replace that with an injury prone WR and Cooks on his fifth team

7 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Looks like he's a lock to be kept st least through 2022. Ca

Looking at his contract , it's not even an option until the end of 2022. 

There's actually a "potential out" after this year. But we're not doing it IMO.

The only thing that might make sense, is a pre-6/1 trade, which would save us some this year with no DC next year or after, and only cost us 6.7 this year. But that doesn't make a lot of sense unless we get something nice in return. But it is an option.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, Kelly tested positive and Wentz puts his hands under his rear end all day. Yes this is true. Wentz is unvaccinated last I look and he played today, so proof right there.

Does Wentz where prophylactics? I mean gloves?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think they've changed the rule. Which is why I was shocked noone else was ruled out due to being high risk close contact. My guess (complete unsubstantiated speculation) is that the NFL doesn't really care that much and they are implementing rules for PR purposes that they don't really enforce unless it's going to cause a big PR hit on them(i.e. Antonio Brown, Aaron Rodgers type of situations). For example, I wouldn't be surprised if every outdoor activity or training session is not counted as close contact... which makes it much easier to get a whole OLine and QB playing when their center tests positive. But oh well... 

Just now, stitches said:

I don't think they've changed the rule. Which is why I was shocked noone else was ruled out due to being high risk close contact. My guess (complete unsubstantiated speculation) is that the NFL doesn't really care that much and they are implementing rules for PR purposes that they don't really enforce unless it's going to cause a big PR hit on them(i.e. Antonio Brown, Aaron Rodgers type of situations). For example, I wouldn't be surprised if every outdoor activity or training session is not counted as close contact... which makes it much easier to get a whole OLine and QB playing when their center tests positive. But oh well... 

the rules do seem weird because they are sitting beside each other in games for longer periods. Then practice ect. They can avoid the 15 minutes in practice really easily. I think the rules pertain more to the training room, weight room and stuff like that.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There's actually a "potential out" after this year. But we're not doing it IMO.

The only thing that might make sense, is a pre-6/1 trade, which would save us some this year with no DC next year or after, and only cost us 6.7 this year. But that doesn't make a lot of sense unless we get something nice in return. But it is an option.

Looked to me that the cap hit was over 10 mill ?

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Kelly is a very good center who makes all the line calls.  He is under appreciated much like AC was. Pinter was Ok against the Texans.  But the Patriots are a different animal.  I would like to know who made all the line calls today.  Kelly’s absence was really noticeable in the first half.  The line looked out of sync.  If we needed to play a backup at center this was the game to do it. 

Kelly is much like AC.

And their effectiveness is significantly enhanced by Q.
 A Younger, healthier, more athletic, cheaper replacement will be a good thing. In Ballards good time obviously. 

Archived