Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Houston Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When the draft roles around, it makes me wonder if Ballard won't draft a LT with his 1st pick which will be in the 2nd round. Having said that I would love to see another WR drafted, then maybe a CB after that and Fish pans out for 2 years.

Not that I subscribe to the idea of picking X position in Y round because you never know how the (blue) chips will fall I'd like to see in our first few picks picking up a DB. Probably not going to get the complete package, but maybe a physical project. Not that it's worked well for us so far... 

WR, especially 9 guys, seem to run deeper in drafts (do you see what I did there? :P)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I honestly hate statements like these.  Football is a tough sport.  Sometimes you just have to line up and punch your opponent in the mouth.  So what if they know we’re going to run, make them stop it for 4 quarters.  That’s why Henry usage was so high.  After a while, it gets hard to take someone down when you’ve been getting beat up all game.  The way the Titans were using Ryan before Henry got hurt is the way we should’ve been using wentz.  

I love wearing defenses down with our Line and Taylor, that is indeed what the Titans do with Henry. Having said that there is a fine line, you don't want to get Taylor injured by running him 30 times. 30 is way too many for something bad to happen. I said last week 20 is the perfect the number with him being targeted around 5 times on screens = 25 touches. I kept saying since last year Henry was going to eventually get injured due to his wear and tear and it happened this year.

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Not that I subscribe to the idea of picking X position in Y round because you never know how the (blue) chips will fall I'd like to see in our first few picks picking up a DB. Probably not going to get the complete package, but maybe a physical project. Not that it's worked well for us so far... 

WR, especially 9 guys, seem to run deeper in drafts (do you see what I did there? :P)

I seen it haha , too funny. He may draft a WR in round 4 but we need a 2nd guy to help Pitt out. I wish TY was 25 again but he isn't. TY still has game but he isn't 2014 TY.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love wearing defenses down with our Line and Taylor, that is indeed what the Titans do with Henry. Having said that there is a fine line, you don't want to get Taylor injured by running him 30 times. 30 is way too many for something bad to happen. I said last week 20 is the perfect the number with him being targeted around 5 times on screens = 25 touches. I kept saying since last year Henry was going to eventually get injured due to his wear and tear and it happened this year.

I agree, I’m with the balance side of things.  30 carries for Taylor in a blow out is too much.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think that's the point that people getting called "whiners" are trying to make. It's not as black and white as we should be running X times. It's when the balance doesn't seem to match the game situation. Up that much and wanting to bleed clock, then ideally I'd want Mack in to take that punishment so JT doesn't have to, especially when he is such a big part of the O. I won't get quite as far as saying the only piece. 

The converse, and why people were riled against TB, was we didn't even try to run it when the pass game was stalling. I get that the box was stacked and taking what you're being offered, but there also let's try some P/A, or some edge runs. I think that's a viable question to raise. It is not the same as saying I hate Reich, or want him fired, or even think he's a bad coach. In my opinion he still loses a feel for a game once past the planned plays. There's not even any shame in that, no one is going to say Andy Reid is a bad coach, but he's not the best as reacting to the in-game developments.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seen it haha , too funny. He may draft a WR in round 4 but we need a 2nd guy to help Pitt out. I wish TY was 25 again but he isn't. TY still has game but he isn't 2014 TY.

I know it's not been Ballard's historic style,  but there are some potentially interesting FAs at WR that might hit the market. Be interesting to see what JuJu does after that slightly bizarre deal, or you might take a cheap swing at someone like Cedrick Wilson who probably will test the market. I don't think anyone like Adams/Kirk/Godwin are going anywhere.  

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think that's the point that people getting called "whiners" are trying to make. It's not as black and white as we should be running X times. It's when the balance doesn't seem to match the game situation. Up that much and wanting to bleed clock, then ideally I'd want Mack in to take that punishment so JT doesn't have to, especially when he is such a big part of the O. I won't get quite as far as saying the only piece. 

The converse, and why people were riled against TB, was we didn't even try to run it when the pass game was stalling. I get that the box was stacked and taking what you're being offered, but there also let's try some P/A, or some edge runs. I think that's a viable question to raise. It is not the same as saying I hate Reich, or want him fired, or even think he's a bad coach. In my opinion he still loses a feel for a game once past the planned plays. There's not even any shame in that, no one is going to say Andy Reid is a bad coach, but he's not the best as reacting to the in-game developments.

If I had 1 criticism of Frank it would be some of his situational play calling. I love most of his play calls though so I bolded the word some, I love he goes for it on 4th down a lot as well. I think he is 2nd best coach in Indianapolis history only behind Dungy and I will stick by that until we look like we have no idea what we are doing. We haven't been blown out all year and are in every game, we should be 10-3 realistically but we aren't. Is some of that Frank's fault, I would say yes to be fair but some of it is also because of Turnovers and misses kicks at crucial times

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had 1 criticism of Frank it would be some of his situational play calling. I love most of his play calls though so I bolded the word some, I love he goes for it on 4th down a lot as well. I think he is 2nd best coach in Indianapolis history only behind Dungy and I will stick by that until we look like we have no idea what we are doing. We haven't been blown out all year and are in every game, we should be 10-3 realistically but we aren't. Is some of that Frank's fault, I would say yes to be fair but some of it is also because of Turnovers and misses kicks at crucial times

Exactly, some, is the operative word. There is middle ground between pitchforks and building a golden idol.

I like lots of things about Frank that some "whine" about, namely his aggressiveness on 4th down. You could argue that other teams would have imploded given the chain of circumstances that led us to where are today, and I do think it's credit due, in part, to Frank and who he is as a leader. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She is bad, that cute giggly smile can only get you so far. She isn't even close to a Sage Steele or Suzy Kolber as far as being an analyst or having football knowledge. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

She is far from awful. She's probably the smartest female sports writers/analysts out there right now, and has several awards. She's considered an up and comer. Yale degree IIRC... 

And she's really not anti Colt. She picked us to be one of the top AFC teams last year and this year (her only concern IIRC was Fisher). She's actually argued for us with some of the other more "awful" analysts. 

Did you see her takes on Wentz this offseason? For someone that’s smart she was laying majority of the issues on Wentz and not his awful Eagles team he was on last year. She argues with former players about schemes and tendencies and can’t acknowledge she’s wrong. Sometimes she even groans when Dan or someone mentions Wentz or the Colts lol. 

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Did you see her takes on Wentz this offseason? For someone that’s smart she was laying majority of the issues on Wentz and not his awful Eagles team he was on last year. She argues with former players about schemes and tendencies and can’t acknowledge she’s wrong. Sometimes she even groans when Dan or someone mentions Wentz or the Colts lol. 

She is a blowhard who thinks she is funny when she isn’t. Her hot takes are just dumb.

10 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Yep, she hates the Colts and I have no idea why. She annoys me just because of that. I could care less if she went to Harvard or Yale wherever it is, I went to IUPUI and have a 4 year degree and when it comes to sports I know more than she does. Maybe she could beat me in a game of Checkers lmao 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, she hates the Colts and I have no idea why. She annoys me just because of that. I could care less if she went to Harvard or Yale wherever it is, I went to IUPUI and have a 4 year degree and when it comes to sports I know more than she does. Maybe she could beat me in a game of Checkers lmao 

By the way I am great at Chess so I know she wouldn't beat me there but Checkers I suck :banana:

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

I don't care if the "whiner's" feel Frank innately loses the "feel" of the game, after the planned plays or any other time.
  But you can share that thought anytime you wish of course.
 Given ALL aspects of what it takes to build an offense, new players, practice together/the lack of for many reasons, youth, those people that choose to beat "earn whiner status" to death something that is slowly, but surely getting sharper and more diverse, you who are such self assured arm chair coaches, who think others who Have more Faith and patience with our Coaching Staff and Players, that what must be needed is another 50 posts on what we can all see. 

Didn't you think Willis was in the right spot and making some plays? Granson is getting a lot of work as a blocker, building faith with the coaches.
 Pinter looked a little lost at times and better get stronger. He looked mighty fast on that one pull play.

Pittman reminds me more and more of Reggie as a route runner who ends with a bang. He needs his Marvin Jr.

We had 4 sacks and ELEVEN QB hits. Nice!

The plays our O Staff are putting together with Hines and JT in the backfield look deadly. 
 What Frank really needed was for Campbell to be healthy or TY to not be a shadow of the Ghost. It really would have added a balance his attack Does Not Have.
 Hines mentioned in his presser that Wentz just started getting going around game 5.  Quite simply, Much of what is being beat to death about Franks shortcomings is repetitive refuse. It moves no needle. Say our peace and watch what happens next. Remain objective and find joy in the 1% better plan whose fruit hopefully comes each December. GO COLTS!

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I don't care if the "whiner's" feel Frank innately loses the "feel" of the game, after the planned plays or any other time.
  But you can share that thought anytime you wish of course.
 Given ALL aspects of what it takes to build an offense, new players, practice together/the lack of for many reasons, youth, those people that choose to beat "earn whiner status" to death something that is slowly, but surely getting sharper and more diverse, you who are such self assured arm chair coaches, who think others who Have more Faith and patience with our Coaching Staff and Players, that what must be needed is another 50 posts on what we can all see. 

Didn't you think Willis was in the right spot and making some plays? Granson is getting a lot of work as a blocker, building faith with the coaches.
 Pinter looked a little lost at times and better get stronger. He looked mighty fast on that one pull play.

Pittman reminds me more and more of Reggie as a route runner who ends with a bang. He needs his Marvin Jr.

We had 4 sacks and ELEVEN QB hits. Nice!

The plays our O Staff are putting together with Hines and JT in the backfield look deadly. 
 What Frank really needed was for Campbell to be healthy or TY to not be a shadow of the Ghost. It really would have added a balance his attack Does Not Have.
 Hines mentioned in his presser that Wentz just started getting going around game 5.  Quite simply, Much of what is being beat to death about Franks shortcomings is repetitive refuse. It moves no needle. Say our peace and watch what happens next. Remain objective and find joy in the 1% better plan whose fruit hopefully comes each December. GO COLTS!

Everything you pulled out there is pretty much player development/execution, and mostly I agree with. Certainly the Wentz disruption via injury. But it's separate from Frank, who and I will repeat this for those at the back of the room, I like as a coach, making some odd play call choices at times.  

20 hours ago, Les Poulains said:

If there's a negative to find in a 31-0 win, it's that it's ridiculous that you give your very valuable running back 32 carries. Nuts. Yeah, good for his numbers, but come on.

Something to think about.  What happens if we run Taylor for a full game.  Even if the box is stacked.  How does that look in the forth quarter?  How many points do we score.  Maybe this was a test run.  They did pick a safe game to do this.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Frank has a solid team and his own personal QB, so starting at the beginning of this year is when I expected him to really shine. Right now, we are 7-6. The offense is looking great every game since the bad 0-3 start of the year. I expect the defense to pick it up. My only issue with the defense is that the turnovers they get seem unsustainable. So we need to be better at preventing points, especially against good teams. We are close, and the Texans game was fun, just need to start coming through on defense Vs better teams. We can't always force turnovers.

As long as Frank's playcalling is good, I can accept the fact that beating teams on our level or better is a 50/50 bet. I just want to be aggressive on defense. Put pressure on the QB and try to force punts. Good teams are generally scoring on us too often if we don't force a turnover. We also need to push on the gas pedal when we are ahead. After the Ravens and second Titans game, Frank should know no lead is safe. Some of these things are on him, others are on eberflus, but he can have influence in improving it all. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I guess you didn't consider this a signature win lmao . I had too, this was such a butt kicking that it was comical. Houston sucks, how did they beat the Titans?

I predicted a shutout, even with our lowly ranked D. We did what we were supposed to do, and that's beat the worst team in the AFC handily. 

How did they beat the Titans.. Well the Titans chose a game plan of 54 pass plays, and only 23 RB rushes... Hmmm.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She is bad, that cute giggly smile can only get you so far. She isn't even close to a Sage Steele or Suzy Kolber as far as being an analyst or having football knowledge. 

Steele is a host/anchor with no writing/journalism background or education.

Kolber is a host/sideline person with no writing/journalism background.

Kimes has been a journalist, investigative journalist, and a writer, to go along with her hosting activity. She also have a good understanding of D and O schemes, sometimes better than her non-FB player male cohosts.... And Yale grad.. enough said.. grey matter there lol... 

And I'm not bagging on Steele or Kolber. I love them both. I actually like them both more than Kelly. Steele is very smart, but she's not a football Xs/Os type of anchor. Kolber has a very deep run of experience in the NFL, but she's not the same type of reporter that Kimes is. 

Here smile/giggle persona doesn't erase her brain.

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Frank made it an effort to run JT into the ground after last week because everyone was bashing him.

1) "everyone" wasn't bashing Frank
2) I hope Frank doesn't make his game plan based on what others (non-coaches) say

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I predicted a shutout, even with our lowly ranked D. We did what we were supposed to do, and that's beat the worst team in the AFC handily. 

How did they beat the Titans.. Well the Titans chose a game plan of 54 pass plays, and only 23 RB rushes... Hmmm.

Just from watching a couple of their games I do think the texans defense is better than their ranking, it's just their offense is so bad (30th time of possession) they get worn-out quick. I think the Titans are just gonna lose most of their remaining games because of injuries and that they lost all their star offensive players in Julio, AJ, and Henry. Tannehill isn't a QB that can carry a team I can see them losing to the 49ers, Dolphins, Steelers and maybe the Jags. If they do it might bode well for us 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder if that word would be deleted here. How that word is another term for a Cig is so comical.

Probably. 

Overall, just different cultures. Spent two weeks in Europe a while back opening up a work center. One of my friends, who did the training, was from Redditch and a smoker. I have to admit I had to watch my language when I came back to the states. Anyway, just different terms for different countries. Overall, the US at this time, is far too triggered about too much, and some of the language police folks (not talking about the cig word) need to get a life. My favorite is changing "manhole" lol.. just new levels of dumb every day.

6 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

The questions are very fair and really are what a fan forum is about, after all if you cant raise those issues here then where else do you do that?

Bingo. thank you. That was my primary point. The questions are far from extreme, and are very "meat and potato" type topics for most football fans.

Ultimately though, the premise is entirely subjective. What is balance? Balance to me isnt balance to you, and is different from balance to Frank Reich. Not too long ago, there were threads questioning why we were being conservative with JT, even though at the time he was on pace to average on the higher end of RB carries (i think he was on pace to have the 2nd most carries only behind Henry), now we have games where the complaints are about how he didnt get a carry at X point in the game, and then why he had over X number of carries (even though the bye week is next week and he gets a deserved rest), then next time it'll be why Hines got Y carry not JT, then why we passed 9 times on a certain drive instead of dotting in one run, it is one thing or the other.

This is a great point, and I almost brought it up and was tempted to make a thread and poll on the topic. Personally I think balance is around 55-60% passing. I don't really care if we go outside of that from time to time if we're down late and need to go all pass, or up late and just run run run. 

As far as just the broader definition, I just tend to look at the trends in the the NFL, and look at the average, median, etc.. So if you look at the middle group of the NFL in terms of pass %, you have NE at 55% at one end of the middle, and LAR at the other end of the middle with 61%... That's pretty close to my definition. The top 10 on either side of the debate are as high as 66% and as low as 49%.

Read an article on the topic a while back (it's older), but included comments from Belichick (who emphasized balance and the need to run), and the other extreme (Mike Leach) who said balance in his "air raid" was having 5 guys (WRs/TEs/RBs) who could all equally produce. 

At some point when 75% of what Frank Reich does brings up question marks, you start to wonder what a dog is really barking about. It sure isnt his football coaching, the results over the years have him as a top 5 (and t the minimum top 10) offensive mind in the league and lets not pretend Indianapolis has had a coach like that in a long time, if ever. It's one thing with Peyton leaving star dust on every player and coach he touched while here, it's another thing entirely when Carson Wentz, JT, and Pittman are carrying the burden every week, and dusting every defense and DC regardless of pre-game ranking. 

You're cherry picking. Reich was fired from the Chargers for lack of balance. He didn't call plays in Philly. We've seen very different looks from him since his time in Indy. 

Can we be better? Yes. Have we had a mind like Frank Reich here before? If we have, please point out that man to me. Can we play even better? Yes. Will there always be a talking point? Even if we win the SB, i get the feeling the answer is a sound yes. It's all subjective.

I think Frank has a good O mind. His situational play calling, game plan, and game prep however has been questionable many times. I'm not going to list all the situations (I've done that before), but there's plenty to question since he arrived. 

25 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Probably. 

Overall, just different cultures. Spent two weeks in Europe a while back opening up a work center. One of my friends, who did the training, was from Redditch and a smoker. I have to admit I had to watch my language when I came back to the states. Anyway, just different terms for different countries. Overall, the US at this time, is far too triggered about too much, and some of the language police folks (not talking about the cig word) need to get a life. My favorite is changing "manhole" lol.. just new levels of dumb every day.

Europe is so much more chill in general. Our country is wound way to tight. I love my 2 trips a year there.

Also every minute has to be planned here, nothing like that outside America.

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

You don't want to know what we call certain types of meatballs too... 

I read somewhere recently there is actually more recognised regional dialects in the UK compared to the US, despite the huge size difference. I guess it comes from States being the founding piece over there, while it was villages/hamlets here. 

I could start using rhyming slag to really confuse people.

Oh I know lol... My org had groups in the UK and Europe for nearly 10 years. For about 5 years straight, I started every morning with a 6AM EST conf call with my folks in the UK, GE, and SK. When I first started running those calls, it took me a few months to be able to really "listen" and "hear" appropriately given all the different accents and slang. 

I used to be really good identifying UK (and some other Euro dialect). Not so much anymore. I'm good now to just recognize English from Scots and Welsh lol. 

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I've never had an issue with her, there's far worse out there, and at least she seems to have more than a passing knowledge of *checks notes* the Colts. That's how you say it right?

All joking aside, and I know it's easy to criticise a job that you do live, but some of coverage is just poor. Clearly not researched the teams they're covering. 

I quite like Cynthia Frelund too.

Adam Archuleta is truly awful lol.. I'd rather hear Mina any day. At least she wouldn't be talking about how great the "Colts RZ offense is lol... 

But yes, far worse than Mina out there. She seems clean with facts and does her homework mostly.

4 hours ago, smittywerb said:

tbh, I’ve seen people complain mostly about using wentz too much and not using JT enough.  Other than that, people are complaining about lack of talent on the ends. I don’t think anyone was opposed to JT being used more…and Hines in the passing game.

not sure where you’re getting the nitpicking point from.  The complaints about Reich have been consistent all year.  Especially in our losses.

Sure, the complaints have been consistent. 

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bingo. thank you. That was my primary point. The questions are far from extreme, and are very "meat and potato" type topics for most football fans.

This is a great point, and I almost brought it up and was tempted to make a thread and poll on the topic. Personally I think balance is around 55-60% passing. I don't really care if we go outside of that from time to time if we're down late and need to go all pass, or up late and just run run run. 

As far as just the broader definition, I just tend to look at the trends in the the NFL, and look at the average, median, etc.. So if you look at the middle group of the NFL in terms of pass %, you have NE at 55% at one end of the middle, and LAR at the other end of the middle with 61%... That's pretty close to my definition. The top 10 on either side of the debate are as high as 66% and as low as 49%.

Read an article on the topic a while back (it's older), but included comments from Belichick (who emphasized balance and the need to run), and the other extreme (Mike Leach) who said balance in his "air raid" was having 5 guys (WRs/TEs/RBs) who could all equally produce. 

You're cherry picking. Reich was fired from the Chargers for lack of balance. He didn't call plays in Philly. We've seen very different looks from him since his time in Indy. 

I think Frank has a good O mind. His situational play calling, game plan, and game prep however has been questionable many times. I'm not going to list all the situations (I've done that before), but there's plenty to question since he arrived. 

Maybe @PRnum1 can speak more on this, i wasnt in san diego at the time but IIRC Reich was more the fall guy for a bad season. His offense had drop issues, a lot of injuries, and just about everything that could go wrong went wrong when he was fired.

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

There's no doubt Wentz was part of the problem last year. I disagreed with her % of blame for sure. 

But she's no different than the other folks. Everyone argues over stuff like that, and everyone argues over schemes. When Dan argues with Stephen A, it looks like two dumbskulls yelling at each other, but Stephen A normally owns Dan. Is it OK when Stephen A argues with Dan, and not Mina?

And don't get me started on Orlovsky in general. He was an awful QB, and even worse talking head lol.. He's had so many bad takes I lost count. The latest I remember were his Tua and Fields takes. He said Tua was the next Drew Brees lol, and that Fields was lazy... Fields was anything but lazy at OSU. Even Kirby torched him. And we all know now, Tua is Brees. 

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Maybe @PRnum1 can speak more on this, i wasnt in san diego at the time but IIRC Reich was more the fall guy for a bad season. His offense had drop issues, a lot of injuries, and just about everything that could go wrong went wrong when he was fired.

Fans didn't care for Reich. Some of the media defended Reich.. 

On the topic though of facts around the offense, as soon as Reich took the helm, the balance really dropped off. 

The year before Reich took over (2013), SD/LAC was #7 in running attempts. The next #20, the next 27th.... the next fired.

Here's a full layout of data on the topic (run%)

55 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Just from watching a couple of their games I do think the texans defense is better than their ranking, it's just their offense is so bad (30th time of possession) they get worn-out quick. I think the Titans are just gonna lose most of their remaining games because of injuries and that they lost all their star offensive players in Julio, AJ, and Henry. Tannehill isn't a QB that can carry a team I can see them losing to the 49ers, Dolphins, Steelers and maybe the Jags. If they do it might bode well for us 

They have a great DE (Greenard), but not much more. Poor running teams might have trouble with them. It was TN's first game I think without Henry IIRC. Maybe second? Had Henry been there and healthy, I think TN would have rolled.

And yes, Tannehill is not a centerpiece. He's a complimentary piece. Very good when he has a capable RB. 

1 hour ago, craigerb said:

1) "everyone" wasn't bashing Frank
2) I hope Frank doesn't make his game plan based on what others (non-coaches) say

You wouldn't think he would regarding your #2 but why run Taylor 30+ times when it wasn't needed? Believe it or not a lot of coaches read social media and what people say. LeBron does it more than most and he is a top 5 player of all-time. They know what is said and most are bothered by it. You aren't human if it doesn't bother you. Most in here was bashing Frank for throwing it 26 straight times regarding your #1, so nothing I said isn't true.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Steele is a host/anchor with no writing/journalism background or education.

Kolber is a host/sideline person with no writing/journalism background.

Kimes has been a journalist, investigative journalist, and a writer, to go along with her hosting activity. She also have a good understanding of D and O schemes, sometimes better than her non-FB player male cohosts.... And Yale grad.. enough said.. grey matter there lol... 

And I'm not bagging on Steele or Kolber. I love them both. I actually like them both more than Kelly. Steele is very smart, but she's not a football Xs/Os type of anchor. Kolber has a very deep run of experience in the NFL, but she's not the same type of reporter that Kimes is. 

Here smile/giggle persona doesn't erase her brain.

Kimes is very smart and a pretty lady. Never said she wasn't. She also has knowledge of the game, we agree there but she has taken a lot of shots at the Colts over the last 3 years actually, I can go back that far. She picked the Titans over the Colts back in a game played in 2018, she said "Titan up" and was laughing. We won 38-10 by the way and Andrew destroyed them. She also said LeBron was the greatest player ever, no he isn't. Michael Jeffrey Jordan is and it isn't even a debate, Magic was even better. She is smart but wet behind the ears, JMO.

41 minutes ago, IinD said:

Europe is so much more chill in general. Our country is wound way to tight. I love my 2 trips a year there.

Also every minute has to be planned here, nothing like that outside America.

Yup. My favorite though is Central America. Much more laid back. Almost like stepping back a decade or two. 

Doing business in Euro and especially Latin American areas though can be extremely frustrating at times if you expect US type response. Also, labor/HR/salary type matters in Euro countries can be a pain in the *. I had to move a lot of business from Western to Eastern Europe 10-15 years ago. 

But culture wise, yes, the US is wound way too tight. The trigger red-line here is off the chart sensitive. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. My favorite though is Central America. Much more laid back. Almost like stepping back a decade or two. 

Doing business in Euro and especially Latin American areas though can be extremely frustrating at times if you expect US type response. Also, labor/HR/salary type matters in Euro countries can be a pain in the *. I had to move a lot of business from Western to Eastern Europe 10-15 years ago. 

But culture wise, yes, the US is wound way too tight. The trigger red-line here is off the chart sensitive. 

I love europe but want to retire to costa rica.  It's just perfect.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kimes is very smart and a pretty lady. Never said she wasn't. She also has knowledge of the game, we agree there but she has taken a lot of shots at the Colts over the last 3 years actually, I can go back that far. She picked the Titans over the Colts back in a game played in 2018, she said "Titan up" and was laughing. We won 38-10 by the way and Andrew destroyed them. She also said LeBron was the greatest player ever, no he isn't. Michael Jeffrey Jordan is and it isn't even a debate, Magic was even better. She is smart but wet behind the ears, JMO.

I really don't care who their favs are, or if they pick for or against the Colts. 

I try to watch as little of ESPN possible anymore lol. It's totally lame.

I do game day, and record NFL Live (although I rarely watch it anymore)

Only a few folks that I enjoy. Sage and Suzy are my favorites. Sage because she's an IU grad, and Suzy because she's hot and smart lol...I like Old Golic. Not so much young Golic. Most of the rest are simply annoying. Not much news going on. Mostly shock and hot take debate. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I generally can’t stand espn anymore. I do not like all the loud mouth hot takes on that channel. I think it’s very bad for sports. There are very few people on there I enjoy.

I do enjoy Mike Greenberg and Dan O.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I really don't care who their favs are, or if they pick for or against the Colts. 

I try to watch as little of ESPN possible anymore lol. It's totally lame.

I do game day, and record NFL Live (although I rarely watch it anymore)

Only a few folks that I enjoy. Sage and Suzy are my favorites. Sage because she's an IU grad, and Suzy because she's hot and smart lol...I like Old Golic. Not so much young Golic. Most of the rest are simply annoying. Not much news going on. Mostly shock and hot take debate. 

Yeah I am an IUPUI Grad, Sage got her degree from IU and is local - she loves the Colts. Having said that I don't even factor that in to why I like Sage better than Kimes. Sage is just straight forward with her opinions and I agree with her takes more than I do Kimes. Suzy is the best out of 3, her football knowledge is better than most, I really respect her opinion. I loved Mike Golic, Mike and Mike was the best show in ESPN history, when they did away with that I haven't watched near as much. Disney has ruined ESPN and if you disagree with their politics you will get fired from ESPN like Skip, Cowherd, and Golic did. Rachel Nicholls almost did, they removed her from doing the NBA.

12 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I love europe but want to retire to costa rica.  It's just perfect.

CR is on my short list too for retirement places. I used to have a fairly long list. It's shortened up the last 3-4 years. 

CR makes a strong case. Dual coasts and mountains in the middle. Beautiful country. Not my current lean, but it's up there.

Archived