Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell could be back Christmas day


Stephen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Whoa!  I got gang tackled for my post!  Will have to wait a minute while they pull everybody off of the pile.

(waits a full minute)

Ok, I had to go back through the feed to check, and, yes, "nobody said" that Campbell was gonna be a great savior.  You are correct.

In fact, everybody seemed to be in agreement with the point of my post:  It's really not gonna make that much difference if he's back at Christmas or not.  I hope he does.  But I'm not holding my breath.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

"Crowning people"

 

What does that even mean?

 

Saying he could possibly help us in a potential run in the playoffs is "crowning" him? 

 

Ok. Whatever.

 

 

 

“PC is honestly the missing piece. Everybody talks about the lack of receiver talent but its just not true.” - You. 

 

You said he was the “missing piece”which I very much disagree with given his injury history and his production. 
 

By crowning him I don’t mean to suggest you’re saying he’s the next Randy Moss or equivelant. Saying he is all we need when people point out we need talent at WR is crowning him as ready to take that role. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

“PC is honestly the missing piece. Everybody talks about the lack of receiver talent but its just not true.” - You. 

 

You said he was the “missing piece”which I very much disagree with given his injury history and his production. 
 

By crowning him I don’t mean to suggest you’re saying he’s the next Randy Moss or equivelant. Saying he is all we need when people point out we need talent at WR is crowning him as ready to take that role. 

I wouldn’t go so far as to say he IS the missing piece, but he has the potential to be, especially in a short stint of games.

 

His reliability/availability would make me question re-signing him to anything long-term, but where we are right now, and what he can add to the offense, he could very well be what we need to make defences more honest against the pass.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I loved Parris coming out. However,   he may break his toe gettin

"However,  he may break his toe gettin"

 

I couldnt think of a better quote to describe you.

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

“PC is honestly the missing piece. Everybody talks about the lack of receiver talent but its just not true.” - You. 

 

You said he was the “missing piece”which I very much disagree with given his injury history and his production. 
 

By crowning him I don’t mean to suggest you’re saying he’s the next Randy Moss or equivelant. Saying he is all we need when people point out we need talent at WR is crowning him as ready to take that role. 

 

So you only take half my quote and leave out the part where I talk about his availability being an issue?

 

Quote the entire post and stop trying to misrepresent what I said. It wasnt exactly long. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WentzinRome said:

If he did come back on Christmas Day, I believe he would arrive in this crate...

 

fragile.jpg

 

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

Pronounced 'fra-g-lay'.

It's Italian.

Now that's inspired. You get "A Christmas Story" into the discussion. 

Fragile too ( the correct mis-pronunciation is FrA-zheelay.... French :D ). 

And since Parris C is French and breakable ( hey, I'm on a roll here ), it all fits together perfectly. 

Well done!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

"However,  he may break his toe gettin"

 

I couldnt think of a better quote to describe you.

 

So you only take half my quote and leave out the part where I talk about his availability being an issue?

 

Quote the entire post and stop trying to misrepresent what I said. It wasnt exactly long. 

 

 

How exactly does that change the fact you said he was the missing piece?


And I would quote the entire thing but you are kind of not relating the parts about his availability to anything, just saying it’s unfortunate. Nothing about how you think it might impact his future play. 

 

I hope he’s gets ready for the last few games of the regular season and I hope he plays lights out. I’m pretty sure every single Colts hopes that for the Colts and for him.
 

Unless he completely takes over the rest of the season I’m betting Ballard is looking at other options for next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

How exactly does that change the fact you said he was the missing piece?


And I would quote the entire thing but you are kind of not relating the parts about his availability to anything, just saying it’s unfortunate. Nothing about how you think it might impact his future play. 

 

I hope he’s gets ready for the last few games of the regular season and I hope he plays lights out. I’m pretty sure every single Colts hopes that for the Colts and for him.
 

Unless he completely takes over the rest of the season I’m betting Ballard is looking at other options for next season. 

Not relating his availability to anything? I have no clue what that means either. Why do I have to relate it to anything?

 

We need a deep threat to make this offense reach its full potential. Thats what he does best. On our roster he is rather unique in that skillset. He has true deep speed that we just dont have elsewhere. Thats what I meant by missing piece. 

 

Everyone knows hes had injury problems. Thats not exactly breaking news. 

 

Yes, Ballard will be looking to add to the receiving corps in the offseason, as he should. Noone suggested he wouldnt.

 

Why do you keep implying I said things I never said? 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll say I think Campbell can’t be counted on because of his injury issues and the Colts need to overhaul the WR position this off-season.  However, the off-season isn’t here yet and the Colts need help at WR now.  Campbell is the Colts best hope this year.  So I see nothing wrong with people being hopeful he can give the offense a lift even if they know he has major injury concerns to be worried about.  

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ll say I think Campbell can’t be counted on because of his injury issues and the Colts need to overhaul the WR position this off-season.  However, the off-season isn’t here yet and the Colts need help at WR now.  Campbell is the Colts best hope this year.  So I see nothing wrong with people being hopeful he can give the offense a lift even if they know he has major injury concerns to be worried about.  

If he could get On the field for a half dozen plays each game it would be a boost to the pass and run i believe.  The dude requires some attention if on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Not relating his availability to anything? I have no clue what that means either. Why do I have to relate it to anything?

 

We need a deep threat to make this offense reach its full potential. Thats what he does best. On our roster he is rather unique in that skillset. He has true deep speed that we just dont have elsewhere. Thats what I meant by missing piece. 

 

Everyone knows hes had injury problems. Thats not exactly breaking news. 

 

Yes, Ballard will be looking to add to the receiving corps in the offseason, as he should. Noone suggested he wouldnt.

 

Why do you keep implying I said things I never said? 

 

 

 

 

:facepalm:
 

It’s like trying to catch eel with your bare hands with you man..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2021 at 8:09 AM, coltsfeva said:

    I admire Paris for his tenacity. The injuries he has sustained have just been unlucky. To have the wear withal to rehab once again says something about his character.

  I hope he proves the doubters wrong and adds a piece to the offense. I’m a little concerned that Wentz goes to Pittman too much, even when he’s covered. Maybe having another guy that gets open, would help the passing game.

^^^ This.  Having to rehab so often could have caused him to say "the heck with my teammates - I'll just retire."  Oh, wait...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

The knock on him in college was that he was fragile and couldn't be counted on. The NFL is ten times what college is, so I highly doubt he has a long career. At this point, I have my doubts that he'll ever play for the colts again.

What are you talking about. Except a concussion he was never injured.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

The knock on him in college was that he was fragile and couldn't be counted on. The NFL is ten times what college is, so I highly doubt he has a long career. At this point, I have my doubts that he'll ever play for the colts again.

He didn't have an injury history at OSU

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He didn't have an injury history at OSU

Yep, I think he never missed a game or something. I think this is part of why his injuries with us have been so frustrating. I can understand knocking a pick for a player with injury history who fails because of injuries in the pros too, but there was none of that with Campbell. It's just really unfortunate how his career with the Colts has unfolded. :-(

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

The knock on him in college was that he was fragile and couldn't be counted on. The NFL is ten times what college is, so I highly doubt he has a long career. At this point, I have my doubts that he'll ever play for the colts again.

Agree with the others. No injury history before. 
 

DK metcalf was the wr with all the injury problems including neck surgery etc…. DK has been relatively healthy as a pro. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

The knock on him in college was that he was fragile and couldn't be counted on. The NFL is ten times what college is, so I highly doubt he has a long career. At this point, I have my doubts that he'll ever play for the colts again.

Absolutely not true. At all. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, ColtJax said:

The knock on him in college was that he was fragile and couldn't be counted on. The NFL is ten times what college is, so I highly doubt he has a long career. At this point, I have my doubts that he'll ever play for the colts again.

Did you just make this up on the spot?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 7:09 AM, ColtJax said:

The knock on him in college was that he was fragile and couldn't be counted on. The NFL is ten times what college is, so I highly doubt he has a long career. At this point, I have my doubts that he'll ever play for the colts again.


Started for three years.   Started 38 of 39 games.    I’m sure your profile is right for someone, but it’s NOT for Parris Campbell.  The exact opposite is true. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, ColtJax said:

The knock on him in college was that he was fragile and couldn't be counted on. The NFL is ten times what college is, so I highly doubt he has a long career. At this point, I have my doubts that he'll ever play for the colts again.

 

tenor.gif 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing is certain - Patmon’s involvement the previous game is encouraging at the very least and I’m certain we will see more of it as the season winds down.

 

I’m not getting my hopes up but if Parris comes back and contributed, it would be a shot in the arm for our offense that will need more bullets to against the playoff Ds.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


Started for three years.   Started 38 of 39 games.    I’m sure your profile is right for someone, but it’s NOT for Parris Campbell.  The exact opposite is true. 

 

Don't confuse me with facts!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...