Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell could be back Christmas day

Stephen

55 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Atp, I just need PC to play the same role Bob Sanders did during our 06 run.

In other words, be the weapon that nobody expected to come back and totally change that side of the ball.

If PC can return and be effective it really could make this offense much harder to stop.  3rd down and you need to stop the run and cover 3 good receivers.  Throw in Doyle (hope he is back) or MAC on short routes to get a 3rd down conversion and this team could become really difficult to stop.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, gspdx said:

If PC can return and be effective it really could make this offense much harder to stop.  3rd down and you need to stop the run and cover 3 good receivers.  Throw in Doyle (hope he is back) or MAC on short routes to get a 3rd down conversion and this team could become really difficult to stop.

And depending on the package, JT in the backfield and Hines out wide.  Gives Wentz plenty of options.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Such a good point. It really does open the offense with Hilton and Pittman.

yup, during that run the rhetoric was the colts couldn’t stop the run (which we couldn’t).  Bob sanders came back for the playoffs and shut all of that talk DOWN.

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Started for three years.   Started 38 of 39 games.    I’m sure your profile is right for someone, but it’s NOT for Parris Campbell.  The exact opposite is true. 

I was thinking the same thing.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

If I was the colts I wouldn’t activate him until jags. It maybe not even until playoffs. He can practice but not play.

Players are rusty coming off long periods of no games . I rather have him for two regular season games before the playoffs  . The injury he had can’t be made worse by playing anyway . 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I would activate him as soon as I can.  Reward him for all of his hard work.  Work him into the lineup so he’s optimum for the playoffs.

Absolutely 100% agree with this. The more reps on game day, the more chemistry he builds with Wentz and it will come in handy when we play in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Can’t wait till we add our savior at the receiver position that averages 2 catches and 32 yards a game.

The upside though is undeniable. Also factor in that he can do many different things on the field. It adds a nice new dynamic for our offense.  It really is a nice shiny toy for Frank.

12 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Can’t wait till we add our savior at the receiver position that averages 2 catches and 32 yards a game.

I am not sure anyone thinks he’s a savior as much as people realizes the only one who can realistically provide help to a WR group that needs it badly.

13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

SAVIOR no . Our passing game needs to get better if PC can stretch the field & make a few catch's that would help a lot . 

The receivers & Wentz need to up there production its all hands on deck brother we need to know now who can & who can't IMO its now or never for PC .

14 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

The upside though is undeniable. Also factor in that he can do many different things on the field. It adds a nice new dynamic for our offense.  It really is a nice shiny toy for Frank.

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not sure anyone thinks he’s a savior as much as people realizes the only one who can realistically provide help to a WR group that needs it badly.

13 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

SAVIOR no . Our passing game needs to get better if PC can stretch the field & make a few catch's that would help a lot . 

The receivers & Wentz need to up there production its all hands on deck brother we need to know now who can & who can't IMO its now or never for PC .

I don’t expect much from PC. Dulin is already filling in the role better than what PC was doing anyway.

20 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I don’t expect much from PC. Dulin is already filling in the role better than what PC was doing anyway.

I did'nt expect a TD out of Patmon . :scoregood:

I like Dulin he has looked pretty good . I remember looking into Carson Wentz after the trade it seems to me he got alot of production out of receivers who were not the best but they connected none the less . 

The passing game needs a boost we need to try all options if PC can't help this team we must find that help in the draft the dude is running out of time to prove him self its now or never . 

We have 46 players currently on active roster for this weekend (Coutee is not one of them). If Pascal clears we would have 6 wr's. When others clear covid and back to roster would guess we would cut deep depth guys like Joey Hunt or finally cut ties with Davenport and keep 7 wr's We could cut Strachan and hope he clears waivers and move him to ps. and protect him down there. Not sure many clubs are as high on him as many of us are.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

We have 46 players currently on active roster for this weekend (Coutee is not one of them). If Pascal clears we would have 6 wr's. When others clear covid and back to roster would guess we would cut deep depth guys like Joey Hunt or finally cut ties with Davenport and keep 7 wr's We could cut Strachan and hope he clears waivers and move him to ps. and protect him down there. Not sure many clubs are as high on him as many of us are.

Ah yes I forgot we signed hunt to 53. I don’t think he has to clear waivers so we could cut him and sign him to PS. 

Archived