Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell could be back Christmas day

Stephen

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Being former first round draft pick you want him to succeed. But the fact is he is frail. Just can’t stop getting hurt and you have to question his work ethic to strengthen up his business body 

In an interview, Ballard has already said Campbell worked very hard to get back from his knee injury.  

You question his commitment because you’re a frustrated fan, like so many others here. 

But those in the know, have not questioned.  Last years injury was a foot planted in the ground when a defenders helmet crashed into his knee. 

Thus year, a defender fell on his leg in the end zone in his long TD against Houston.  The weight of the defender broke a bone in the foot.  Unfortunate. 

And to show his commitment to his team,  he’ll be back this season to try and help down the stretch.    

And yet here you are questioning his commitment to his job.   I guess the fact that Ballard values character over everything hasn’t registered with you?   

Campbell wasn’t hurt in college.   Started 38 of 39 games over three seasons.  He’s been unlucky as a Colt.   That’s all.  

Campbell is a weird one. I'd keep him for next year just to see if breaks out or is at least a decent WR in the final year of his contract. Cap will be tight, and he is cheap. In the limited time he's played, he has shown promise. It's literally the injuries that have destroyed his career so far.

Imagine how much this changes the Colts offseason next year if he came back and meaningfully contributed the last 4-6 games (if playoffs). IMO WR2 is a giant need for this team and unless PC shows something to end the season Ballard has to address the need in the offseason and move on from PC.  

I really hope he comes back, ends the season healthy and shows something - this team needs that is more ways than one.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Campbell is a weird one. I'd keep him for next year just to see if breaks out or is at least a decent WR in the final year of his contract. Cap will be tight, and he is cheap. In the limited time he's played, he has shown promise. It's literally the injuries that have destroyed his career so far.

He won’t be going anywhere. He is cheap. Last year of his co tract. Maybe he finally stays healthy. But they can’t count on him. He will be a luxury. Will have to go find a couple more WR. Not cheap ones either.

4 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Imagine how much this changes the Colts offseason next year if he came back and meaningfully contributed the last 4-6 games (if playoffs). IMO WR2 is a giant need for this team and unless PC shows something to end the season Ballard has to address the need in the offseason and move on from PC.  

I really hope he comes back, ends the season healthy and shows something - this team needs that is more ways than one.

He can address it but still keep PC. If he stays healthy then yeah we are loaded. Parris will just be luxury.

That is some serious work to get back that fast props to him. I don't think there is anyone who doesn't expect he will get hurt again though. Unfortunately the odds of a player succeeding in the NFL after suffering as many injuries as he has is very low.

Archived