Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell could be back Christmas day

Stephen

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Wentz is playing much better now than earlier in the year.  He was missing Campbell on plays or throwing him into kill shots earlier in the season. Yet PC surprisingly endured and actually held on to most of those kill shot receptions.  Really strange that he’d get injured when they finally connected deep.  

If Wentz and Campbell can develop a connection though, our offense would be near unstoppable and ready to make a deep playoff run.  PC needs to be that 3rd receiver that Wentz can consistently depend on to make plays besides MPJ & Jack.  And Wentz throws a nice deep ball to his faster receivers.  He can put a little too much air under his throws to Pittman. But his throws to Campbell and Dulin were straight up rockets.

60 yards on a rope.  Minimum step into the throw.  In stride to the receiver. Only a handful of guys in the league that can consistently make that kind of throw (Allen, Herbert, Fields).  I imagine Frank & Carson will be looking to go back to that with Campbell off of a playaction to JT.  And I can’t wait to see it.

PC is honestly the missing piece. Everybody talks about the lack of receiver talent but its just not true.

We have talent. The availability hasnt been there, but the talent is.

Its been tragic what hes went through to this point in his career. And, if you're a football fan you have to hope he gets it together because hes so much fun to watch when he has the ball in his hands.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

When he comes back the wr core will be much tougher for opponents to shut down especially now that Dulin has come on...Pitt,Campbell,Dulin,T.Y. is a nice 4...less Pascal throws use him for blocking. Wanted to see some Granson last night he had been looking solid.

Granson has been blocking very well. He had a nice block it looked like on the Taylor TD run.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich was asked about Parris today. Doesn’t sound like he will play against the cardinals. I imagine with the team continuing to win they might wait as long as possible to get him ready for the playoffs.

I don’t buy that.  As bad they need a second WR he would play if he could.  What’s more realistic is that Christmas was the early timeline for his return and he’s just not ready yet.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t buy that.  As bad they need a second WR he would play if he could.  What’s more realistic is that Christmas was the early timeline for his return and he’s just not ready yet.

Seeing that he is just now getting back on the treadmill I assume he will start running routes this week. So maybe raiders game.

Just now, richard pallo said:

This could mean he was just told he was coming off IR and being activated.  Other teams have done this before a game.  Why not us?   Seems odd he would tweet this at 4:00 PM today.

He won’t be playing this week. I expect him to be designated to return next week. He isn’t going to play with no practice.

On 12/8/2021 at 7:30 AM, GoatBeard said:

PC is honestly the missing piece. Everybody talks about the lack of receiver talent but its just not true.

We have talent. The availability hasnt been there, but the talent is.

I've said in other threads I think he's a bust.

Has has played in 14 games so far during the 3 years he has been with the Colts. He has 34 receptions for 360 yards (11.7 YPC), 1 TD and 3 Fumbles (1 lost) as total production during those 3 years.

His stats for his career is actually pretty comparable to Zach Pascal's production for 2021:

Rec: 36

Yards: 369

YPC: 10.25

TD: 1

Fum: 1

.. And he has not exactly had a good year. Best ability is availability and he's not meeting that by a long shot. His production is hardly something we can use to crown him as our next #1 or 2. He has the rest of the year and next year to prove he belongs in the NFL not just on the Colts roster in my opinion.

I really hope he stays healthy and just plays full on beast mode. But I'm not counting on it.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Has has played in 14 games so far during the 3 years he has been with the Colts. He has 34 receptions for 360 yards (11.7 YPC), 1 TD and 3 Fumbles (1 lost) as total production during those 3 years.

His stats for his career is actually pretty comparable to Zach Pascal's production for 2021:

.. And he has not exactly had a good year. Best ability is availability and he's not meeting that by a long shot. His production is hardly something we can use to crown him as our next #1 or 2. He has the rest of the year and next year to prove he belongs in the NFL not just on the Colts roster in my opinion.

I really hope he stays healthy and just plays full on beast mode. But I'm not counting on it.

Nobody is counting on Parris. He is, at best, a potential X factor. 

But, I also think its fair to be excited about the prospect of his return and realize what he can bring to this offense. Because they are missing that dynamic speed receiver that he clearly was in college, and has shown he can be, at times, in the NFL. 

I hate the term "bust". That use to be a term people only used towards top picks like Akili Smith or Kijana Carter or Jamarcus Russell.....guys who had a lot of hype but flamed out in the pros. And rarely was it used for guys who had injury issues.

Now its being used for every pick that doesnt work out. 

3 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

But, I also think its fair to be excited about the prospect of his return and realize what he can bring to this offense. Because they are missing that dynamic speed receiver that he clearly was in college, and has shown he can be, at times, in the NFL. 

I hate the term "bust". That use to be a term people only used towards top picks like Akili Smith or Kijana Carter or Jamarcus Russell.....guys who had a lot of hype but flamed out in the pros. And rarely was it used for guys who had injury issues.

I mean, we only know for a fact he brings speed and while we need that it’s no garantee he will pan out. 

I generally think 1st and 2nd round picks are expected to produce - that’s why Ballard has been more than willing to trade out of the 1st round. A bust to me is someone who has failed to produce anything like expected if at all and Campbell lands in that category. Ultimately it’s just wording right? Call him a bust, call him a failed draft pick. That’s what he is, so far. 

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

And the “Mr Sunshine of the Year Award” goes to.........

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

And the “Mr Sunshine of the Year Award” goes to.........

I thought it was a very fair assessment.  I think Paris has all the tools to be a star top 10 receiver in this league.  Still, can’t argue with the numbers.  Everyone is rooting for the guy but he hasn’t really done anything in 3yrs. 

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I mean, we only know for a fact he brings speed and while we need that it’s no garantee he will pan out. 

I generally think 1st and 2nd round picks are expected to produce - that’s why Ballard has been more than willing to trade out of the 1st round. A bust to me is someone who has failed to produce anything like expected if at all and Campbell lands in that category. Ultimately it’s just wording right? Call him a bust, call him a failed draft pick. That’s what he is, so far. 

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that the success rate of FIRST round picks was barely 40%. Im sure the 2nd round success rate is even lower.

So, Im not sure why anyone would expect a 2nd round pick to be a big time producer, when its not likely.

Regardless, I am just gonna remain hopeful and excited to see him come back at a crucial time of the year.

7 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that the success rate of FIRST round picks was barely 40%. Im sure the 2nd round success rate is even lower.

So, Im not sure why anyone would expect a 2nd round pick to be a big time producer, when its not likely.

Regardless, I am just gonna remain hopeful and excited to see him come back at a crucial time of the year.

If draft picks are mostly misses, then Ballard should be more active and trade some picks for established players. Maybe even sign some more players in the free agent market. 

22 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

If draft picks are mostly misses, then Ballard should be more active and trade some picks for established players. Maybe even sign some more players in the free agent market. 

Ballard has said numerous times this is why you want as many Draft picks as possible. It’s like throwing a dart at a dart board.

3 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to agree on this one.  I'm a little amused about the anticipation being promoted on these boards regarding the return of Parris Campbell.  As if he's some multi-pro bowl receiver that's returning to the team just in time to make the Great Push.  Like he's the missing piece to the offense that will just make it sing.

Um...  The harsh reality is that he's played so few games against NFL competition, that we really haven't yet figured out if he can play against NFL competition.  I'm glad to have him back.  But let's not kid ourselves.  We don't know what we've got.  We don't know what we're working with.

11 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to agree on this one.  I'm a little amused about the anticipation being promoted on these boards regarding the return of Parris Campbell.  As if he's some multi-pro bowl receiver that's returning to the team just in time to make the Great Push.  Like he's the missing piece to the offense that will just make it sing.

Um...  The harsh reality is that he's played so few games against NFL competition, that we really haven't yet figured out if he can play against NFL competition.  I'm glad to have him back.  But let's not kid ourselves.  We don't know what we've got.  We don't know what we're working with.

Not one person is saying that. But we are at the end of the season and we aren’t going to go out and find WR help. So him coming back helps. Anything helps at this point.

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Not one person is saying that. But we are at the end of the season and we aren’t going to go out and find WR help. So him coming back helps. Anything helps at this point.

He needs to play now. He has the whole offseason to heal up if he gets hurt again.

14 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Who said any of that?

You dont have to be an all world, multi time PB WR to make an impact. 

David Tyree made the biggest catch in SB history. He had 4 TDs in his entire career. 

If we picked up Parris Campbell off waivers this late in the season, every single one of us would be excited to see if he could stay healthy and hoping he could help us in the playoffs. Even with his injury issues. People were excited when we picked up Keke Coutee and DShawn Hand also, and they have similar backstories to Parris. 

So why do our fans feel the need to poo poo on the guy? Just hope for the best. Good vibes people.

2 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Rookie draft picks are much less expensive.   The other 31 teams do what you want.   Ballard has studied this.   As he has stated numerous times, the return for signing expensive free agents is poor.   The return on trading for expensive players is often poor. 

And yet, Ballard has done what you want in two key trades.   The Buckner deal and the Wentz deal.   He’s willing to pull the trigger as you want,  but it has to be the right deal. 

21 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

… Forgot facts was anathema to some people on this board. :facepalm:

Wasnt arguing the facts, merely leaning into the tone.

I like facts, i need facts, i live by facts.  I’m not “one of them.”

But, as you know, its how you interpret the facts that really matters.

I remember a guy “made of glass” who came back to help lead us to a Super Bowl.  We dont need 100 yards a game from Campbell.  If he could just get 2-3 targets a game, especially deep, it would add so much to this O.  Anything could happen,sure, i’mjust gonna “hope” something good could happen , rather than assume the worst.  Its a curse, i know.  Ha.

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Wasnt arguing the facts, merely leaning into the tone.

I like facts, i need facts, i live by facts.  I’m not “one of them.”

But, as you know, its how you interpret the facts that really matters.

I remember a guy “made of glass” who came back to help lead us to a Super Bowl.  We dont need 100 yards a game from Campbell.  If he could just get 2-3 targets a game, especially deep, it would add so much to this O.  Anything could happen,sure, i’mjust gonna “hope” something good could happen , rather than assume the worst.  Its a curse, i know.  Ha.

“I really hope he stays healthy and just plays full on beast mode.” - me from my first respons…

I hope too, I just don’t go crowning people based on hope like GoatBeard did.

I admire Paris for his tenacity. The injuries he has sustained have just been unlucky. To have the wear withal to rehab once again says something about his character.

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and adds a piece to the offense. I’m a little concerned that Wentz goes to Pittman too much, even when he’s covered. Maybe having another guy that gets open, would help the passing game.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I admire Paris for his tenacity. The injuries he has sustained have just been unlucky. To have the wear withal to rehab once again says something about his character.

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and adds a piece to the offense. I’m a little concerned that Wentz goes to Pittman too much, even when he’s covered. Maybe having another guy that gets open, would help the passing game.

Before the NE I mentioned that Wentz can’t force the ball to Pittman. That is exactly what he tried to do. Reich said this week they are trying to get TY more involved.

5 hours ago, Solid84 said:

“I really hope he stays healthy and just plays full on beast mode.” - me from my first respons…

I hope too, I just don’t go crowning people based on hope like GoatBeard did.

"Crowning people"

What does that even mean?

Saying he could possibly help us in a potential run in the playoffs is "crowning" him? 

Ok. Whatever.

Archived