Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Colts @ Steelers, 12/27/20 at 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they love it, pathetic. Why I put my time and heart into this stuff makes me wonder. Not worth my health anymore. TY was even interfered with on that deep pass as well but no call. Old and stale, so @Moosejawcolt and @Chloe6124 who wasn't around all game until we fell behind can rip us apart. I am taking a break from the forum because we got screwed big time and was clearly the better team most of the game.

What happened was we went away from the thing that had Tony amped up for us.  And that was Taylor...  Not Rivers.   Lean on the youngster. Get it to him on a flare and see if he can beat a linebacker or safety in a one on one matchup. They kept showing Taylor sitting on the sidelines in the second half.  It was like Tony and CBS were like we want more of this guy...  Guess Frank & Phillip didn’t get the memo at halftime?

• Like 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

What happened was we went away from the thing that had Tony amped up for us.  And that was Taylor...  Not Rivers.   Lean on the youngster. Get it to him on a flare and see if he can beat a linebacker or safety in a one on one matchup. They kept showing Taylor sitting on the sidelines in the second half.  It was like Tony and CBS were like we want more of this guy...  Guess Frank & Phillip didn’t get the memo at halftime?

This is a regular occurrence and it honestly baffles me

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Refs decided the outcome by calls and non calls no question about, some were pretty obvious like no Offensive P.I. vs Pitt, is what it is, Steelers are 1 and done in playoffs, wont beat any team they face BUT will beat Clev next week because all Browns WR ineligible. 

Well we better hope they beat the Browns next week

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah the Playoffs are very much still alive despite what some will say.  Doesn’t make today any less frustrating but that’s the silver lining.

We had an opportunity today to nearly put a stranglehold on the divisional title, and we didn't get it done but unlike the Raiders last night after their epic choke, we are far from eliminated from postseason contention.

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I love our D talent, and I love the attitude the D has with hustling and forcing turnovers. However, Eberflus either starts games flat or doesn’t make adjustments, which always costs us.

Its the talent and scheme. I have been critical of Eberflus, but I put more blame on Ballard

My fear is that we have some really good talent on this team now, both offensively and defensively. I truly believe we're a can't miss QB away from being a true contender. Everything else will fall into place. That being said(going back to my fear), a lot of the talent will retire or move on before we get the few pieces we need. This team with Luck is no less than 12-4 every year. Shame they got him some help after it was too late and Grigson let him get banged up to hell and back.

So Jets did us a big favor.

We now have 4 avenues to still make the playoffs.

1. Win next week, Titans lose both games, we win division.

2. Win next week, Browns lose to Steelers

3. Win next week Ravens lose to Bengals

4. Win next week Dolphins lose to Bills.

So, it's not all doom and gloom, but this one hurt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I like these odds - as long as we handle our business, we still get into the playoffs as long as Pittsburgh beats the Browns or Buffalo beats Miami, and even if none of that happens, we still win the AFC South if Houston beats Tennessee (as long as the Titans lose to the Packers tonite).

Not odds that I like.  

• Like 1

CBS is so in love with the Steelers. I'm in Ohio and showed the Browns/Jets game here and at halftime did not show any highlights of the Colts/Steelers game because the Colts were winning but right after the Browns/Jets game was over they showed highlights of the Colts/Steelers game and talked to Roethlisburger on the field. CBS makes me sick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

There's still a good chance, imo, we get in. Phinns can lose to Bill's OR Brownies can lose to Steelers.  I don't expect ravens lose.

Agreed, but Miami & Cleveland both losing are definite possibilities so as long as we win, we should be okay.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

One of those scenarios should happen.  Thanks for settling my soul.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Would u like a break down of my aft? I live in Canada. The game was actually on tv so I went to the gym.  I was able to work out and enjoy the game. I got home and finished watching the game and did some laundry. Really unable to have the time to go on the forum. However, now I am free...lol

No thanks, have fun since we lost. I know you will. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'd give us 50/50 odds.  

90% odds...jags are tanking we will win fur sure.  Browns cant beat anyone with no WR maybe 30% chance they win and Phis are bad barely beat Raiders on miracle, Bills handle them 75% , wont even throw in Cinn upseting Balt or Houston upsetting Tenn which also gets us in

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Take the supposed no call penalties out of the game. U happy with the way this defence has been constructed?  I have said since its inception. I hate it

I dont like the lack of adjustments. But we aren't horrible. Pittsburg oline manned up and stopped the pass rush. And our defense got gassed cause lack of offensive and bad play calling by Frank. We abandoned the run up two scores frank needs to be held accountable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I dont like the lack of adjustments. But we aren't horrible. Pittsburg oline manned up and stopped the pass rush. And our defense got gassed cause lack of offensive and bad play calling by Frank. We abandoned the run up two scores frank needs to be held accountable.

He won’t be.  He’s a good guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Biggest sequence in the game was early 3rd quarter.

Fresh off 10yd + run by Taylor, We decide to.pass on 1st down, then run on 2nd down 7yds, then we decide to throw again on 3rd and 3 and get sacked. Should of ran on that 3rd down. Then to top it off they jumped offside on FG attempt, which without the sack would have been a 1st down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Continuing to run would've served 2 purposes, it would've bled clock and helped the defense to rest & perform, just like in the 1st half. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, w87r said:

2 and 4 are likely. The refs almost gave the Jets game to the Browns too. There was a terrible PI on what would have brought up 4th down. It became a first down and the Browns would score a TD bringing them 3 points shy of tying. Thankfully the Jets scored again and stopped the Browns from scoring again.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Okay I am out before the people who have been waiting for over a month for a game like this today to say I told you so to push their own agendas get ranting.

I think several people have the same sentiment. That is too bad. 

58 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Would u like a break down of my aft? I live in Canada. The game was actually on tv so I went to the gym.  I was able to work out and enjoy the game. I got home and finished watching the game and did some laundry. Really unable to have the time to go on the forum. However, now I am free...lol

As an outsider (me), you seem to only appear when the team is losing. It is pretty glaring. After a while, people get tired of that. You seem to take joy out of trolling the fans who truly care about the Colts. JMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This came down the D not being able to get off the field.....generate a pass rush and our secondary sucks

My oh my, you are a wet towel. No, a soaking wet towel. Can you EVER have a positive comment about the Colts? I get the concerns about the D and O play calling,,,, that's legitimate, but not everything is wrong with the franchise. How about recognizing that once in a while??

• Like 1